RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's the little wins in life that keep us going. Was scheduled for 10/21 (per Ford chat), and the tracker showed "in production" on 10/14. Window sticker came next day. We'll see when mods go live.

One thing I'm irked about the is the Wifi hotspot being dropped and only getting $20 credit. Rumor is it won't be retrofittable in the future either. I think for the complete loss of a feature the kickback should be much higher.
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's cool. So, it is not all doom and gloom. I am wondering if some of the "OMG, I'm in December!" is not actually going to stick. We should know by know the CS department and the production department don't talk to each other that wekk.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the little wins in life that keep us going. Was scheduled for 10/21 (per Ford chat), and the tracker showed "in production" on 10/14. Window sticker came next day. We'll see when mods go live.

One thing I'm irked about the is the Wifi hotspot being dropped and only getting $20 credit. Rumor is it won't be retrofittable in the future either. I think for the complete loss of a feature the kickback should be much higher.
Why would I choose to pay another provider for a data plan when I have unlimited data plans already.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You can order them from AT&T, yes it’ll cost more than the $20 credit, but you’re being credited for the cost of the unit they’re removing.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Just use your phone's wifi hotspot feature.

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The hotspot removal wouldn't hurt as much if it were something you can easily retrofit into the vehicle. But it seems like it's not, and if you want one, you'll have to just buy one to flop around in your center console.

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You still would have to pay to use it.

Brown0

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hotspot removal wouldn't hurt as much if it were something you can easily retrofit into the vehicle. But it seems like it's not, and if you want one, you'll have to just buy one to flop around in your center console.
There are a multitude out there that would fit perfectly in the dash cubby, you're going to be hunting for a use for that space anyways.

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or just get an I phone that has a hot spot. My I phone with T mobile has a Hot Spot

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They're using a modified version of the TCU - the black box that contains the LTE modem for FordPass Connect, as well as other functionality. While it might technically be possible to retrofit in a version with the hotspot feature, it's going to cost you a lot more than simply buying one from AT&T. Even that would be more than the $20 credit you're getting, unless AT&T is giving them away (with service contract, etc.).

OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never really intended to use the hot spot, just feels like a "principle" thing.
$20 credit feels insulting.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never really intended to use the hot spot, just feels like a "principle" thing.
$20 credit feels insulting.
Cost of the part. That's kinda all you are owed. Especially for something I bet even Ford's analytics show is barely used.

MJ Heat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Powerboost, 2019 RCLB 5.0 F150, 2001 Pwrstrk
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently have active Wi-Fi hotspot on my 2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid. Even so, I still mostly use my phone for hotspot as a matter of convenience. Otherwise I have to turn the truck on.

OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cost of the part. That's kinda all you are owed. Especially for something I bet even Ford's analytics show is barely used.
Interesting point about being owed the part cost as an owner. I considered the "feature" to be more than the sum of it's parts.

Image if Ford deleted the headlight bulbs and said they can't be retrofitted. Do they owe you the cost of the bulbs? Seems like the feature of being able to drive at night is worth way more than the cost of two bulbs.

I'm not trying to equate wifi hotspot with headlights, just an interesting thought experiement.
Sponsored

Last edited: