Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah when I saw the nav codes I was hoping that's what it did! Oh well still a cool screen to turn to when I get bored, or want to explore a new area. Loving the ability to change all these things in the truck though so can't complain at all. Thanks for all the posts and tricks you've posted as I've done most of them on my eco xl
This might be worth a try the TURN BY TURN NAVIGATION. I might try this tomorrow and see if it does anything but this could also be for the 6.5 inch cluster only I am not sure. DOES NOT WORK WITHOUT SYNC. SOMEONE WITH A LARIAT SHOULD TRY TO ENABLE TURN BY TURN

Ford Maverick Unlocking More Hidden Features for 4 inch Cluster using FORScan Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.21.55ā€ÆPM
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In other Ford vehicles the Nav screen will show next turn and distance to it. The caveat being that if you are using CarPlay you MUST be using Apple Maps. Conversely if using Android Auto you must be using Google Maps. If you have built in Nav (Sync 3/4) itā€™ll also show up there.

OP
OP
EONR24

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In other Ford vehicles the Nav screen will show next turn and distance to it. The caveat being that if you are using CarPlay you MUST be using Apple Maps. Conversely if using Android Auto you must be using Google Maps. If you have built in Nav (Sync 3/4) itā€™ll also show up there.
I'll play around with some more coding to see if I can enable that! Thanks for the INFO.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Darn - the My View Trip/Audio isn't a "since start" trip, is it?
Just displays trip 1/2 that are manually reset?

I like the mpg trip that pops up when turning the truck off, but we don't get that info while driving! (maybe 6.5" screens do? I haven't dug into it enough)

OP
OP
EONR24

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Darn - the My View Trip/Audio isn't a "since start" trip, is it?
Just displays trip 1/2 that are manually reset?

I like the mpg trip that pops up when turning the truck off, but we don't get that info while driving! (maybe 6.5" screens do? I haven't dug into it enough)
I wonder if you got rid of trip 1 or 2 completely how it would affect the trip in the trip/audio menu ? maybe then it would display average mpg since start up? does eco coach not do this? I feel like there should definitely be a way to do this lol

Sponsored

All7Alive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the work on this! I just got my XL, would love a distance to empty somewhere on the bottom. I usually just have digital speed and donā€™t bother with the rest (unless we can have turn by turn via CarPlay then I will change) but would be rad to have the dte down in the bottom instead of only in the trip.

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick XLT, Lux, FX4, AWD, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey everyone!

So I have just been digging through this Maverick Hex Code Spreadsheet (mostly the IPC section) and I found a few more useful coding changes for the 4 inch Cluster in addition to my ORIGINAL THREAD. I will list the coding and pictures below.

ENABLE OR DISABLE PHONE, AUDIO AND NAV SCREEN
1. OPEN IPC AS BUILT
2. Go to 720-17-01
3. Change the seventh digit based on this guide below

DISABLE ALL "0" xxxx-xx0x-xxxx
ENABLE ALL "F" xxxx-xxFx-xxxx

(Factory Coding Below)
PHONE AND AUDIO ENABLED, NAV DISABLED "C" xxxx-xxCx-xxxx

I THINK NAV SCREEN ONLY WORKS WITH FACTORY NAVIGATION IT CURRENTLY SHOWS A COMPASS MAYBE I CAN CHANGE THIS AND ENABLE A NAV MENU!

ENABLE TRIP/AUDIO MY VIEW SCREEN
1. OPEN IPC AS BUILT
2. Go to 720-17-01
3. Change the eighth digit to a "8" as shown below. (Factory coding is a "9")

xxxx-xxx8-xxxx

CHANGE YOUR DEFAULT MYVIEW SCREEN
1. OPEN IPC AS BUILT
2. Go to 720-17-02
3. Change the second digit based on the guide below

(Factory Coding) Digital SPEEDO "0" x0xx-xxxx
FUEL ECONOMY "1" x1xx-xxxx
TRIP/AUDIO "2" x2xx-xxxx
CALM SCREEN "3" x3xx-xxxx
ECO COACH "4" x4xx-xxxx
FORD PERFORMANCE "5" x5xx-xxxx

UPDATE: JUST FOUND A NEW CODING TO TRY TO ENABLE TURN BY TURN DIRECTIONS IN THE CLUSTER

IMG_2995.jpeg

IMG_2984.jpeg
IMG_2983.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 1.27.45ā€ÆPM.png
2.png
I know you said you've been working with some f250 and other owners to get s spreadsheet together for figuring out what controls what... do you happen to have any info on what lines affect the headlights, specifically designating what trim has what headlights?

OP
OP
EONR24

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know you said you've been working with some f250 and other owners to get s spreadsheet together for figuring out what controls what... do you happen to have any info on what lines affect the headlights, specifically designating what trim has what headlights?
definitely in the BCM I can track down what coding lines specifically

OP
OP
EONR24

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah so it looks like you have to have sync for the NAV to work

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

definitely in the BCM I can track down what coding lines specifically
Which ones control the headlights, specifically DRL. Trying to see if thereā€™s settings beyond whatā€™s available in ā€œeasy modeā€. I got my lariat lights working but they were on at 100% brightness, even at night. In attempting to fix, I did a Lin, which now they donā€™t light again and I have to go down the rabbit hole. According to ford workshop manual, the upper light is controlled by the headlights internal module, activated by the Lin line to the headlight from the BCMā€¦ maybe there is a line to tell if this vehicle has that module or not.

Ford Maverick Unlocking More Hidden Features for 4 inch Cluster using FORScan image

Sponsored
OP
OP
EONR24

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Which ones control the headlights, specifically DRL. Trying to see if thereā€™s settings beyond whatā€™s available in ā€œeasy modeā€. I got my lariat lights working but they were on at 100% brightness, even at night. In attempting to fix, I did a Lin, which now they donā€™t light again and I have to go down the rabbit hole. According to ford workshop manual, the upper light is controlled by the headlights internal module, activated by the Lin line to the headlight from the BCMā€¦ maybe there is a line to tell if this vehicle has that module or not.

image.jpg
I got you let me send you some pictures.
Ford Maverick Unlocking More Hidden Features for 4 inch Cluster using FORScan Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.40.41ā€ÆPM

Ford Maverick Unlocking More Hidden Features for 4 inch Cluster using FORScan Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.40.58ā€ÆPM
Ford Maverick Unlocking More Hidden Features for 4 inch Cluster using FORScan Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.41.18ā€ÆPM
Ford Maverick Unlocking More Hidden Features for 4 inch Cluster using FORScan Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.41.31ā€ÆPM

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

hey I edited my last response with pictures of coding i just did a quick search for headlamps in the BCM. I can do some more digging if those pictures of coding options do not help!
Thank you!

Iā€™ll be completely honest, Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m really looking at here. Which controls the headlamp type, Iā€™m assuming I need to tell it itā€™s Lin now since the lariat lights have a module that communicates that way, and whatever controls DRL?

24atlasmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got you let me send you some pictures.
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.40.41ā€ÆPM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.40.58ā€ÆPM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.41.18ā€ÆPM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.41.31ā€ÆPM.png
I saw on your first pic a cutoff of the DRLā€™s. Are there lines for the LF and RF DRL? Thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to change.
Sponsored