Sponsored

Using Forscan to program 15mph minimum speed for cruise control?

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a way to set the minimum speed of cruise control? I would like to set it at 15mph for our school zones. My Hybrid Lariat's lowest is 20mph. It can be challenging trying to keep it there during a few of the extended school zones around town, with the longest being about 1/2 a mile.

I have my Forscan at the ready!

I had owned a 2007 VW Passat B6 (3.6) with all the bells and whistles and I was able to set that cruise control at 15mph and made the school zones less stressful to drive.
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Regarding speed, page 213 of the manual:

Ford Maverick Using Forscan to program 15mph minimum speed for cruise control? MAV-TEMP1

OP
OP
Buyerfind

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for your response. Since I am looking more for a Forscan mod, I have rephrased the question in the title. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buyerfind

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope not, kids have enough to worry about without someone not paying complete attention
I think that's why they're asking, so they fan focus on the road and not their speedometer
EXACTLY! The truck easily exceeds 15mph with the slightest push of the pedal. To the OP, I am hyper-aware of the school zone and its surroundings and if there is something I can do to make sure my speed stays where it should be, I think I should take advantage of it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus St
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
EXACTLY! The truck easily exceeds 15mph with the slightest push of the pedal. To the OP, I am hyper-aware of the school zone and its surroundings and if there is something I can do to make sure my speed stays where it should be, I think I should take advantage of it.
What? I literally can’t with this post, you don’t HAVE to do 15mph. Just get through at a reasonable speed without killing any kids. If you can’t maintain the speed of the vehicle with literally a frogs hair of weight on the pedal I don’t think you should be messing with forscan or driving in school zones

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember: FORScan is only modifying the values that the Ford programmers specifically exposed to be modified to fit model, trim, options. If they didn't anticipate ever needing to change some value like minimum cruise activation then there's not going to be a field to do so.

OP
OP
Buyerfind

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What? I literally can’t with this post, you don’t HAVE to do 15mph. Just get through at a reasonable speed without killing any kids. If you can’t maintain the speed of the vehicle with literally a frogs hair of weight on the pedal I don’t think you should be messing with forscan or driving in school zones
Thank you for your useless input.

OP
OP
Buyerfind

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember: FORScan is only modifying the values that the Ford programmers specifically exposed to be modified to fit model, trim, options. If they didn't anticipate ever needing to change some value like minimum cruise activation then there's not going to be a field to do so.
Understood. I looked at the options and couldn't find any obvious settings. I posted the question in the hopes that someone knows if/where it could be changed. :)

Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Please don’t drive through a school zone with cruise control on

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is called Trail Control offered on the Tremor package.
Sponsored