The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that people are getting trucks, could anyone do an undercoating tutorial? Do the doors have drain holes? What panels to remove, spare tire removal, etc.?

I think he's in a warm climate, but I would love a Mr Boom style video showing how to undercoat.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that people are getting trucks, could anyone do an undercoating tutorial? Do the doors have drain holes? What panels to remove, spare tire removal, etc.?

I think he's in a warm climate, but I would love a Mr Boom style video showing how to undercoat.
Wow, Ford messed up (a first?) Did not offer me salt proofing sound proofing under body spray option. What would I have sprung for?

Jer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT ordered, 2009 Ford Adrenalin
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To remove the rocker panel clips use a pliers. Be sure to get the pliers on the top and bottom part of the square clip and turn. I took all of mine off and only broke the first one while figuring out how they worked.

Sponsored

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The doors each have two drains. I removed all four door panels and sprayed Krown aerosol can rust proofing inside the doors. One can did all four doors with some left over. I will also at a later date take the rocker covers and underbody panels off and spray everything with my own formula of bar oil mixed with linseed oil and thinned with kerosene using a fruit tree sprayer. There are some quality issues with the factory wheel well liners that I am still thinking about. In the Northeast, you have to be proactive with rust prevention.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Repair Geek is my rust proofing guru!
I use Blaster Surface Shield as shown in this Repair Geek video! I have run several long term corrosion tests and nothing I have tried can match BSS!

I also use CRC SP-400 as my main choice for spraying any body parts under the hood and near the engine. It stiffens up a little more and is less likely to be sticky if you bump into it accidentally.

If you are so inclined, repeat some of the Repair Geek's corrosion tests and find out for yourself! Follow the Geek!

Last edited:

camarox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro, Spitfire, Camaro, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To remove the rocker panel clips use a pliers. Be sure to get the pliers on the top and bottom part of the square clip and turn. I took all of mine off and only broke the first one while figuring out how they worked.
Followed the first part of your procedure to release them. Posted a video if it helps anyone. I did not remove them all the way though as I was able to pull the panel away with them still in.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow that is a lot of work in the video Stick posted . I was planning on just getting Krown done each year. I doubt its as good as what that guy on video did but that looks likes ton of work.

camarox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro, Spitfire, Camaro, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow that is a lot of work in the video Stick posted . I was planning on just getting Krown done each year. I doubt its as good as what that guy on video did but that looks likes ton of work.
Yeah he went all the way in. I am going around my truck and pulling a few panels at a time and spraying. I am in Chicago and my 99 ranger I picked up used from the south was destroyed here in about 9 years from salt.
Sponsored