First Name
Sagebrush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did do a search here, but I couldn't find much. So, has anyone had their Mav under coated and what was the cost to have it done.

What is your thoughts on under coating at least the under-fender wheel wells.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sagebrush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank You Thank You.

I still don't see much about the one time undercoating in the previous threads.

It is like a spray in bed liner and don't have to do it every year or twice a year. It is a premiant application.

Thanks

Last edited:

breal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick FX4 4K CP360 Lux in Cyber Orange
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had Ziebart undercoat my truck last summer. There was a promo price (-100) which brought the cost down to $499. In a few months, I'll take it back for inspection and re-application (if needed).

Sponsored

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank You Thank You.

It is like a spray in bed liner and don't have to do it every year or twice a year. It is a premiant application.

Thanks
That's because something like that would not be anywhere near as effective as a rust prevention product that is applied every year such as Krown or Fluid film. There are things like Ziebart which is applied one time, but again, it won't be even close to as effective as a product like Krown.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank You Thank You.

Thanks
You will regret using the one time undercoating, it will trap moisture and actually cause worse conditions. Just use the stuff that needs to be reapplied every year or two. I did mine DIY with Blaster Surface Shield that only needs to be done every two years, my Mav's underbody still looked great two years later when I sold it and it cost me under $50 to do the whole underbody myself.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will regret using the one time undercoating, it will trap moisture and actually cause worse conditions. Just use the stuff that needs to be reapplied every year or two. I did mine DIY with Blaster Surface Shield that only needs to be done every two years, my Mav's underbody still looked great two years later when I sold it and it cost me under $50 to do the whole underbody myself.
Exactly this! OP, do you want it done correctly or do you just want it done once and don't care if it's the correct way or that it will cause more harm to the vehicle?

OP
OP

Sage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sagebrush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there any alloy material in the outside body of these trucks?

generalmgr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did do a search here, but I couldn't find much. So, has anyone had their Mav under coated and what was the cost to have it done.

If you want to do it right, search this topic on YouTube. One dude has a really good tutorial on where and how to correctly apply the undercoating. Like others have said, seems like a non-permanent solution is best. I had Fluid Film applied, cost was $500 with $100 yearly resprays. The first spray was completed exactly as in that video and took about 6 hours. Resprays will be only in exposed areas. This can definitely be done at home, but I would not want to do it without a lift and the correct protective gear. The smell isn’t the greatest but goes away after a couple days, and it might drip a little in the beginning. Living in the northeast US, I think undercoating this truck is imperative for longevity. The painted metal underneath seems completely exposed. Other newer vehicles I’ve owned have had some sort of rust protection, I’m disappointed this one does not. Side note: all the “you bought a cheap truck what did you expect” crowd can go pound sand. I have owned cheaper vehicles that had factory rust proofing. Paying 32k is not cheap in my mind. Don’t get me wrong, I like my truck, but this is one aspect of it that may keep me from buying another.

Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Undercoating isn't as important on modern vehicles as it used to be. I have a 14 year old ram I bought new.michigan truck it's entire life and minimal rust underneath. I plan to get at least another 10 years out of my ram. On your maverick, if you plan to get rid of it in 8-10 years I think it would be a waste of money. If you plan to keep it 25-30 years then it would pay to get it undercoated.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As far as ziebart goes maybe it has changed BUT back in 2008 when I had it done each year you HAD to spray it again in order to keep warranty. About a 100 each year. No idea if that is still required. Plus many say traps water under it.

I had Krowns done on my Mav. 170 total with tax I think it was. Each year has to be done.
Sponsored