Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For anyone interested, removing the turbo is 100 times easier if you drop the transfer case. There’s so much room for activities!

There you have the stock turbo on the left and a Ranger 2.3 on the right. Next order of business is installing the Ranger and mocking up the downpipe. Once that’s done I’ll figure out the oil and coolant line length needed.

Ford Maverick Turbo removal in preparation for Ranger 2.3 turbo swap B5729812-9C80-44FF-A2D4-68722360E20A

Ford Maverick Turbo removal in preparation for Ranger 2.3 turbo swap D630FCCF-36BB-48CD-833E-3F3CB6064DB4
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any gains by porting the exhaust side of the head where the turbo bolts up. That area looks small to me.

SDNative

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any shops near the San Diego area that are doing swaps like this?

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Any shops near the San Diego area that are doing swaps like this?
actually that question leads me to one I'm wondering for the OP..

is Fast Mavericks a tuning shop or just a parts aggregating reseller? I think there's a difference between tweaking on your own truck to see what works and selling a solution, offering customer service and warranty, etc.

it looks like you're a hobbyist trying to become a tuner, am I wrong about that?

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

actually that question leads me to one I'm wondering for the OP..

is Fast Mavericks a tuning shop or just a parts aggregating reseller? I think there's a difference between tweaking on your own truck to see what works and selling a solution, offering customer service and warranty, etc.

it looks like you're a hobbyist trying to become a tuner, am I wrong about that?
Hello Sir,

Fast Mavericks is not a tuning shop and I have never claimed to be one. Anyone can buy parts and resell for a profit but a dealer account usually requires a buy in and some sort of commitment. We are dealers for Livernois, S&B Filters, Turbosmart, Eibach, and fifteen52 wheels to name a few. Our main focus is developing and producing parts that are not available for the Maverick. Tweaking my own truck to see what works is no different than using the "shop truck" to do the same.

9 out of 10 shops started out with a "hobbyist" turning his or her passion into a business, or am I wrong about that? Have I answered your questions and concerns or is there anything else?

Thanks.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sometimes the way you've posted here and in some of the FB groups made me wonder as to your credentials, if you were a tuning shop, and whether I would consider buying anything, so I asked.

I followed Deuces project since he started posting about it (check my replies in his original thread) and it's both amazing to me and crazy to me, but if you're trying to make it so that others can do those same things without scouring for parts, I think it's great.

But it's not the same as engineering, testing, tuning and most importantly supporting a solution.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will this increase the zoomies, or more the vroomies?

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sometimes the way you've posted here and in some of the FB groups made me wonder as to your credentials, if you were a tuning shop, and whether I would consider buying anything, so I asked.

I followed Deuces project since he started posting about it (check my replies in his original thread) and it's both amazing to me and crazy to me, but if you're trying to make it so that others can do those same things without scouring for parts, I think it's great.

But it's not the same as engineering, testing, tuning and most importantly supporting a solution.
Again, I’ve never claimed to be a shop or a tuner. I leave the tuning to the pros which is why I partnered with Livernois (they actually chose me)to offer a tune for every modification and combination.

I don’t just rush a part out for sale until myself and the Mav owners in my circle have tested them out. I purchased a spare motor for that main purpose.

Do you think I would want the headaches and backlash if people spent their hard earned money I sold them only to find out they don’t work or fit? I’m building something from the ground up that has been my passion for almost 30 years with my own money.

Ask anyone who has purchased from me if I have not only delivered but went the extra mile to ensure 100% satisfaction. I’ve had numerous people, some who haven’t purchased anything thank me for “doing what you’re doing for the community”.

You mentioned John who is friend of mine and has done incredible things with his truck. I am building a roadmap which isn’t rocket science while providing the tools for people to reach their goals.

I don’t have mechanic degree but a lot of people with masters degrees don’t have work. My passion is what keeps me in the garage til 3am most nights and get up at 6:30 am for work. I have been wrenching for almost 30 years and built the first 500 rwhp Starion 20 some years ago. My C5Z06 went from stock to headers and tune, then dual stage nitrous kit, Supercharged with meth, coil overs, clutch, 8 rib…Had a DSM with turbo intercooler and exhaust, lifted and lowered my trucks, my turbo TBSS that now has 1000hp. Does that make me pro? Probably not, but I have a very good knack for building cars. The only constant, i let the pros tune the cars.

I started my business a few months ago as an online Maverick performance parts store. The way it’s going I will have shop soon. Feel free to look it up and you’ll see it’s a legal Business with every license and permit required.

I hope that answers your concerns and look forward to earning your business.

Prozak417

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not fully related but since you have removed the turbo you can probably help me if you have a moment. I was swapping the air intake tubing to a K&N, it was defective so when removing it a grommet accidentally fell down the air intake tube that goes back under/behind the engine. Does that lead directly to the turbo? Can that tube be removed from the top of the engine? Trying to get this grommet out and not having a lot of luck.

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not fully related but since you have removed the turbo you can probably help me if you have a moment. I was swapping the air intake tubing to a K&N, it was defective so when removing it a grommet accidentally fell down the air intake tube that goes back under/behind the engine. Does that lead directly to the turbo? Can that tube be removed from the top of the engine? Trying to get this grommet out and not having a lot of luck.
disconnect intake from top and 7mm clamp on turbo inlet.
Ford Maverick Turbo removal in preparation for Ranger 2.3 turbo swap E928AFB2-5AA6-40E9-AF5E-7AEA5F7E4691
Sponsored