Sponsored

Difference between the Corsair turbo and the Ranger turbo?

Fatalbyte

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 King Ranch 2009 Shelby GT500 2023 Maveri
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all im new to the forum thanks for the add. Recently picked up a Alto Blue XLT 2.0 and looking at putting a plan together for it can some one tell me the difference between the corsair turbo and the ranger turbo
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I could be wrong here but since no one else has chimed in. I believe the Corsair is the same size housing with a bigger or just better impeller inside. And the ranger is a slightly different bigger housing with the bigger impeller. There may be oiling differences as well. You should be able to look back through fast Mavericks and Dueces threads for better info.

OP
OP

Fatalbyte

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 King Ranch 2009 Shelby GT500 2023 Maveri
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could be wrong here but since no one else has chimed in. I believe the Corsair is the same size housing with a bigger or just better impeller inside. And the ranger is a slightly different bigger housing with the bigger impeller. There may be oiling differences as well. You should be able to look back through fast Mavericks and Dueces threads for better info.
Thanks! I just saw that there were separate listings for the rebuilds and it just made me question a difference otherwise why the need

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Ranger 2.3 and Corsair 2.3 are both 46mm. So internally they are the same. The difference is the exhaust housing on the Ranger turbo is a little shorter so the turbo sits higher up on the block. The exhaust flange is also slightly different which is why a different downpipe is needed (and almost complete). Also, the wastegate is flipped up on the Ranger while the Corsair is facing down like the Maverick.

The advantage and reason why I offer the Ranger version is cost. A new Ranger turbo is about $700 plus core while Corsair is $1100 plus core. You can find tons of used Ranger turbos for 3-400 while you have better luck winning the lotto than finding a used 2.3 Corsair.

FWIW, I have a Ranger turbo and Downpipe on my truck. I’m in the process of building a batch of Ranger downpipes for pending orders.

One important thing to remember is that the wastegate plug is the same, but to run Ranger turbo on the Mav, plug 1 and 2 on the wastegate harness need to be swapped.

I hope that answers your questions.
Sponsored