First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you just lay is as pictured in the fix above or did you fasten it some how (like with an adhesive)? Thanks
Heater hose is stiff enough that just opening it to fit over existing stays pretty well.

Waders41

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, hybrid, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just installed the Aeroskin 2 today, and it caused the hood flutter. Bought 4ft. of 1/2" heater hose for $8 at AutoZone. Split it lengthwise and put it over the rear hood seal.
Almost removed all the flutter at highway speed. Still a little but it's in the middle of the hood, more like flexing. Could have been there before and I didn't notice.

IMG_20220412_183349.jpg
I installed this hose yesterday in preparation to installing the aeroskin II. Do you notice that it lifts up the corners of the hood closest to the windshield? For me it seems to have lifted up a bit and also makes unlatching the hood feel much stiffer/clunky.
Just curious on others’ experience

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed this hose yesterday in preparation to installing the aeroskin II. Do you notice that it lifts up the corners of the hood closest to the windshield? For me it seems to have lifted up a bit and also makes unlatching the hood feel much stiffer/clunky.
Just curious on others’ experience
Just slightly. Doesn't bother me, and I'm pretty OCD about things. Seems to have lowered a bit after a month as well.

I also raised the front hood bumpers a few turns as well after still having some slight flutter. Almost non existent now.

Haven't noticed anything with the hood latching.

I was going to go with the Bugflector 2, but glad I didn't. The Aeroskin2 looks much better and appears to deflect more wind.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL does not have this issue.. I wonder if they have now fixed it for later production ones? Built in January.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL does not have this issue.. I wonder if they have now fixed it for later production ones? Built in January.
Mine was a late December build and it doesn't have this issue either. However, the previous truck which was an August build had it really bad. So, I do think they addressed it.

dviousdave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I experienced this a few weekends back. Was heading up to Kernville CA to do a little camping. Was in an area experiencing HIGH WINDS. I was going 65ish. Started to see the hood start to shake \ flutter. Had to slow down to 60 for it to settle down.

This was my third road trip. Didn't experience it on my previous two trips.

@Ford Motor Company - Not cool. Fix yo' sh*t.

#almostpoopedmypants
Sponsored

Last edited: