Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Today: 55°F with light rain.
The truck was already "warm" from the drive in. Had sat a couple hours.

I park in a gated lot at my employer.
I parked about 6 car lengths from the electric gate.

I "start" the Mav in EV mode.
I back out in EV mode.
I put it in D and approach the closed gate in EV at the "creep" speed. No go pedal. Then the gas engine starts. I start to accelerate towards a closed gate. I press the brake. Nothing. Aware of funny brake and a closed gate in front of me I PRESS THE BRAKE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR AND I'm STILL CREEPING FORWARD.

The gate sensor has triggered but it's a sliding gate and takes ~15 seconds to slide open.

Against instinct (but aware of these threads) I fully release the brake pedal then fully apply it to the floor a second time. I stop harshly 6 feet short of hitting the partially opened gate.

@FordMotorCompany will you be paying for a new bumper and damage to my employer's electric gate if next time the truck doesn't stop in time!?!?

Being such slow speed and being such a short distance to the gate, I had no time or space to "heat up, dry out, calibrate, or otherwise test" the brakes prior to really needing them.

GET THIS FIXED ASAP!

I'd schedule a dealer appt right away but this thread does NOT sound promising!
🤬
@Ford Motor Company

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Synthesyze

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today: 55°F with light rain.
The truck was already "warm" from the drive in. Had sat a couple hours.

I park in a gated lot at my employer.
I parked about 6 car lengths from the electric gate.

I "start" the Mav in EV mode.
I back out in EV mode.
I put it in D and approach the closed gate in EV at the "creep" speed. No go pedal. Then the gas engine starts. I start to accelerate towards a closed gate. I press the brake. Nothing. Aware of funny brake and a closed gate in front of me I PRESS THE BRAKE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR AND I'm STILL CREEPING FORWARD.

The gate sensor has triggered but it's a sliding gate and takes ~15 seconds to slide open.

Against instinct (but aware of these threads) I fully release the brake pedal then fully apply it to the floor a second time. I stop harshly 6 feet short of hitting the partially opened gate.

@FordMotorCompany will you be paying for a new bumper and damage to my employer's electric gate if next time the truck doesn't stop in time!?!?

Being such slow speed and being such a short distance to the gate, I had no time or space to "heat up, dry out, calibrate, or otherwise test" the brakes prior to really needing them.

GET THIS FIXED ASAP!

I'd schedule a dealer appt right away but this thread does NOT sound promising!
🤬
@Ford Motor Company
Exact same issue when creeping slowly. It happens maybe 10% of the time, but I'll be pressing the brake pedal lightly and nothing happens. Usually I see this in stop-and-go traffic when creeping behind the person in front of me. It gives me that quick panic feeling like when you're in a chair that is about to tip over and you catch yourself, and then I press the brake harder and come to an abrupt halt.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Exact same issue when creeping slowly. It happens maybe 10% of the time, but I'll be pressing the brake pedal lightly and nothing happens. Usually I see this in stop-and-go traffic when creeping behind the person in front of me. It gives me that quick panic feeling like when you're in a chair that is about to tip over and you catch yourself, and then I press the brake harder and come to an abrupt halt.
I want to acknowledge your post without "liking" it because who likes this B.S.!?

Sponsored

Eklipse

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same exact thing happens to me. Currently waiting in the service department, trying to get the TSB done. Hope to report back results to the forum later tonight.

Stack22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did the tsb on a customer maverick today went right threw no problems.the new calibration pz6z 2d053 Ed he had a later build date than my maverick.The ford tech hot line told me to do a abs configuration and it would update my software but no luck still has the same calibration it had before I started.Hope fully we can get to the bottom of this it’s really the only issue I’m having.oh and by the way I love driving this maveric.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just back from dealer for TSB about dead battery and brakes grabbing a slow speeds……”there are no software updates for the modules concerned as per TSB, unable to duplicate concern”. I felt the brakes grab at low speed when approaching dealership parking lot stop sign, where do I go now….I know from experience parking in my garage is a touchy experience as to whether it will stop before I hit the stairs

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just back from dealer for TSB about dead battery and brakes grabbing a slow speeds……”there are no software updates for the modules concerned as per TSB, unable to duplicate concern”. I felt the brakes grab at low speed when approaching dealership parking lot stop sign, where do I go now….I know from experience parking in my garage is a touchy experience as to whether it will stop before I hit the stairs
I think this is a case of we need to print the TSB and take a hard copy. Then hard to deny it exists!

Eklipse

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same exact thing happens to me. Currently waiting in the service department, trying to get the TSB done. Hope to report back results to the forum later tonight.
Back from service appointment, with no success.

Tech verified the harsh brake issue, but found no new PCM software to update to.

So that's very disappointing.

To make it even more infuriating, when I picked up my vehicle, the service advisor tried to claim the TSB wasn't valid for my Maverick. When I asked why, he stated "it didn't have a check engine light". When I pushed back that the TSB didn't say that (I had printed a hard copy prior to my appointment and showed it to him when I dropped my vehicle off), rather it states ONE of the issues in the TSB needed to be present, he got defensive and had no explanation.

Surprise, surprise, my brakes grabbed at low speeds on the drive home in rush hour traffic from the service appointment.

Second poor service experience I've had with Landmark Ford in Tigard, OR. I'm done with them.

Here's a pic of my invoice with the techs notes:

Ford Maverick TSB 22-2493 issued for 2.5L Hybrid Maverick grabby brakes (at or below 6.2 MPH) IMG_2365

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
Shay

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took mine to the dealership today, TSB in hand. At first the service writer didn't want to hear anything about the TSB, only wrote down the number when I insisted they should. An hour later I get a call, "what was your problem again?" I explained again - reading the TSB aloud to them.

Good news is that in-spite of the idiocy and inneptness I got initially, after picking it up this afternoon the brakes are much more well behaved. It seems the fix might just work. I will be putting miles on the truck tomorrow in city traffic and that will be the final test.

Video update to follow.

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is this something where we should wait a few months for dealers to get up to speed on this? I had a similar experience as those above with them saying it didn’t apply to my maverick and no update was available

Eklipse

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this something where we should wait a few months for dealers to get up to speed on this? I had a similar experience as those above with them saying it didn’t apply to my maverick and no update was available
After my failure at the service department today, I have an appointment at a different nearby dealer. They can't get me in until 1/31.

I'm hoping they have their act together by then, but it really annoys me that Ford took so long to release a fix, and now that it's out, service departments are unable to apply it for many of us.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took mine to the dealership today, TSB in hand. At first the service writer didn't want to hear anything about the TSB, only wrote down the number when I insisted they should. An hour later I get a call, "what was your problem again?" I explained again - reading the TSB aloud to them.

Good news is that in-spite of the idiocy and inneptness I got initially, after picking it up this afternoon the brakes are much more well behaved. It seems the fix might just work. I will be putting miles on the truck tomorrow in city traffic and that will be the final test.

Video update to follow.
Going this morning for the TSB. Wish me luck.