2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I sent my 2023 XLT EB AWD with the 4K Tow Package to Autonation Ford of Tusting to install the missing towing wiring harness.

The service advisor informed me it was the first one they did. The truck was in service for four days since they had to order and receive several testers to perform the work properly. I was okay with the amount of time, and I didn't require a loaner during this time.

The truck was returned to me clean and in perfect condition. I don't know if anyone else had the same experience, and I could not find a similar thread from folks having this recall service performed.

My Maverick is now authorized to tow!
Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The truck was returned to me clean and in perfect condition. I don't know if anyone else had the same experience, and I could not find a similar thread from folks having this recall service performed.
Good to hear! Mine took 2 weeks, but this was pre-recall, while they were still developing the repair procedure.

HRG

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad you have a trustworthy dealer for service. My experience was not so good. They cut into at least 6 other wires in the bundle, left exposed copper wiring and did not use heat shrink insulation on one of the two splices they need to make leaving more exposed live wiring. Dealer said if it works it is okay and refused to replace the now permanently damaged wiring bundle. One of the main reasons I chose the Maverick was I thought Ford knew towing wiring and I liked the idea of an integrated brake controller with no spliced wires. Instead I got a vehicle that has a potential future wiring issue with the now exposed wiring and improperly made connections.

Cherry on top was Ford customer service providing zero help with a different story every time I called along with “that is an issue between you and the dealer.”

Last edited:

Sponsored

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad you have a trustworthy dealer for service. My experience was not so good. They cut into at least 6 other wires in the bundle, left exposed copper wiring and did not use heat shrink insulation on one of the two splices they need to make leaving more exposed live wiring. Dealer said if it works it is okay and refused to replace the now permanently damaged wiring bundle. One of the main reasons I chose the Maverick was I thought Ford knew towing wiring and I liked the idea of an integrated brake controller with no spliced wires. Instead I got a vehicle that has a potential future wiring issue with the now exposed wiring and improperly made connections.

Cherry on top was Ford customer service providing zero help with a different story every time I called along with “that is an issue between you and the dealer.”
That is absolutely ridiculous!! I'd be extremely upset

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have a 4K equipped '23 built within a certain timeframe, there is a wire missing within an under-hood harness that keeps the trailer taillight circuit from working.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCLRPT-23V160-2575.PDF

HRG
I just had my recall done yesterday. Took it in a month ago just to confirm my trailer lights didn't work. I already told them they didn't.. Parts took a month to come in. It was a MUCH bigger project than the tech and I thought it was. He had the battery, air intake system out to get to ECM and main wire harness. It took over 2.5 hrs to do the recall. I'm NOT happy with the finished product. Instead of rewrapping wire harness with proper wire loom he just loosely wrapped black electrical tape around it and said it was good. That is exactly why I don't like dealership service depts. Now I have to clean up the mess he made and wrap the wiring properly with loom so it doesn't rub on other metal parts. I thought it was just a wire pigtail missing near the hitch but it's part of the entire wiring harness in the engine bay they didn't install from the factory.

Watchcmdr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue Lariat, fx4, 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just took mine in today for the recall. Parts were ordered about two weeks ago. Dealer said it’s a one day job. We‘ll see. I will report on the results when I get it back. Hope it’s positive.

Watchcmdr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue Lariat, fx4, 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got it back this afternoon. All appeared well. Haven’t checked to see if it works yet but since the dealership also sells RVs I assume they were able to check it. The work order shows 11 hrs labor.

Ford Maverick Trailer Harness Replacement Report 1279B5FA-4F42-4777-8976-02329AFBE27A

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had mine done 23 XLT with 4K towing. It took the better part of the day and so far so good. In my day you just spliced the tail lamps for the wiring . Now with everything computer controlled its a nightmare.
Sponsored