Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Tremor all day. I've ridden in my buddy's FX4 4K and my tremor back to back. The ride is noticeably better. I know it's subjective, but I think the Tremor looks much better, it stands out.
Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think his FX4 has the 4k package, and if you are getting this little truck for towing, you're doing it wrong.
Respectfully disagree. Our maverick can tow our boats,camper, snowmobile trailer,sxs on it's trailer,our dirt bikes and waverunners.its a towing machine! I still have my hemi ram,buts it's been sitting alot since we got the maverick.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Depending on where you are prices seem to be leveling out. I don’t know that it would be worth the taxes and registration anymore.
Agreed. We bought a Tremor this spring and sold it after 2 months because my wife wanted to go back to an SUV. We made a nice deal on the truck but I don't think I'd be able to make much or anything on the same vehicle today. In fact the Tremor we sold has been sitting on the dealer's lot for a month due to the markup.

I don't think the dealer will end up making as much on the truck as we did selling it to them. I feel fortunate we got out when we did.

OP
OP

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I’ve decided to stay with my FX4 2022. My neighbor backed out on the deal. And honestly it’s the interior of the Tremor that held me back the most. I just don’t like it as much. I’m sticking with my current Mav and I’ll let the dealership do what they want with the Tremor. I have no deposit to speak of and I’m sure they will be excited to throw that $10k Market adjustment sticker that they have on their Broncos on this Maverick. I thought about buying and trying to sell it out right for a profit. I’m not sure that’s for me, making a couple thousand for the trouble it would be worth. Thanks everyone for your insights. If anyone wants to look at it, it’s at Crossroads Ford in Indian Trail, NC!

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed. We bought a Tremor this spring and sold it after 2 months because my wife wanted to go back to an SUV. We made a nice deal on the truck but I don't think I'd be able to make much or anything on the same vehicle today. In fact the Tremor we sold has been sitting on the dealer's lot for a month due to the markup.

I don't think the dealer will end up making as much on the truck as we did selling it to them. I feel fortunate we got out when we did.
When you bought it and made the video it definitely had the vibes of an impromptu purchase that wouldn't last very long.

Glad you made a profit on it and the wife is in an SUV she likes.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When you bought it and made the video it definitely had the vibes of an impromptu purchase that wouldn't last very long.

Glad you made a profit on it and the wife is in an SUV she likes.
It was one of those things where I had placed the order before my 2022 was built, as insurance in case Ford didn't get me a truck. Then I got my truck last December, and the 23 Tremor showed up this spring.

I told my wife, let's just buy it, because I got it on a really good deal from Chapman Philly, and drive it for a while, and if you don't like it, I am almost certain we can make a little on it and get your something else.

So, she drove it for two months and then decided that although she did like the truck, she just felt like it didn't really fit her lifestyle and she'd never use any of the off-road stuff, and she'd rather have more interior storage than a bed.

So, I was able to sell the Tremor to a local Ford dealer for more than we had into it, and we got her a 2024 Crosstrek, which she loves. Like I said, it worked out well for us, but timing is everything. I would not do the same thing today that I did back in the spring, because anyone who pays attention to the Maverick market can see it's changing fast. I'm not saying there still isn't plenty of demand for Mavericks. However, I am saying that demand at prices well above MSRP is about gone at this point, and it won't be much longer until the Maverick is like any other vehicle -- worth less used than new!

Heck, I am under no illusions that the Crosstrek we bought is worth less today than the moment we drove it off the lot. That called a return to normalcy in the automotive marketplace.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was one of those things where I had placed the order before my 2022 was built, as insurance in case Ford didn't get me a truck. Then I got my truck last December, and the 23 Tremor showed up this spring.

I told my wife, let's just buy it, because I got it on a really good deal from Chapman Philly, and drive it for a while, and if you don't like it, I am almost certain we can make a little on it and get your something else.

So, she drove it for two months and then decided that although she did like the truck, she just felt like it didn't really fit her lifestyle and she'd never use any of the off-road stuff, and she'd rather have more interior storage than a bed.

So, I was able to sell the Tremor to a local Ford dealer for more than we had into it, and we got her a 2024 Crosstrek, which she loves. Like I said, it worked out well for us, but timing is everything. I would not do the same thing today that I did back in the spring, because anyone who pays attention to the Maverick market can see it's changing fast. I'm not saying there still isn't plenty of demand for Mavericks. However, I am saying that demand at prices well above MSRP is about gone at this point, and it won't be much longer until the Maverick is like any other vehicle -- worth less used than new!

Heck, I am under no illusions that the Crosstrek we bought is worth less today than the moment we drove it off the lot. That called a return to normalcy in the automotive marketplace.
No explanation needed - I'm not one of those "you stole an order from someone else" guys - I did similar with a Bronco (and still have a MY23 on order for another). You did what is best for you and your family and still have your awesome build.

I get the wife not wanting a truck as a daily driver, this is my first time having a truck as a daily driver, and it is a little different as far as storage space is concerned. Where I had my spots and system in place for my Model 3 (frunk, trunk, under trunk) it is pretty much BED for a truck. Although I do love the Maverick's interior storage for little things (wallet, phone, hand sanitizer, work ID, etc). I have the truxedo soft roll up tonneau cover on the way and I've cut and painted a 2x8 divider to give me a rear little "trunk" area.

It's funny that she went Crosstek because we used to own Subarus (2015 Outback, 2014 Forester) and we have really missed our Forester since parting with it. Called it a swiss army knife in that it doesn't do anything great but does everything pretty well. After 500 miles with the Maverick, I told my wife it kind of feels like the Subaru in that sense - that it isn't a world beater at anything but seems like it's going to do a lot of things well.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No explanation needed - I'm not one of those "you stole an order from someone else" guys - I did similar with a Bronco (and still have a MY23 on order for another). You did what is best for you and your family and still have your awesome build.

I get the wife not wanting a truck as a daily driver, this is my first time having a truck as a daily driver, and it is a little different as far as storage space is concerned. Where I had my spots and system in place for my Model 3 (frunk, trunk, under trunk) it is pretty much BED for a truck. Although I do love the Maverick's interior storage for little things (wallet, phone, hand sanitizer, work ID, etc). I have the truxedo soft roll up tonneau cover on the way and I've cut and painted a 2x8 divider to give me a rear little "trunk" area.

It's funny that she went Crosstek because we used to own Subarus (2015 Outback, 2014 Forester) and we have really missed our Forester since parting with it. Called it a swiss army knife in that it doesn't do anything great but does everything pretty well. After 500 miles with the Maverick, I told my wife it kind of feels like the Subaru in that sense - that it isn't a world beater at anything but seems like it's going to do a lot of things well.
We have never owned a Subaru before, but I saw where they redesigned the Crosstrek for 24 (more of a refresh/overhaul than a whole new design, really) and started looking into it. We compared to lots of other options and test drove the Crosstrek against the Mazda CX-30 and Kia Seltos. Crosstrek was clear winner among those in our eyes. Was going to test VW Taos and Tiguan too but never got around to it. We were not interested in an Escape or anything from GM.

Interestingly, there is a TON of stuff included standard on the Crosstrek Sport trim we got that would cost extra on a Maverick. Blind spot, moon roof, adaptive cruise, huge 10-inch color touch screen, push button start, LED headlights that "steer" with your wheel, etc. Basically loaded up with everything EXCEPT leather and premium sound system (available only on the Limited trim) the Crosstrek has a sticker price a couple grand below the Tremor, and we negotiated a good bit under that.

Like I said, the wife LOVES her Subaru, and I have to say I am impressed with it. It's not as comfortable or roomy in the cab as my Maverick, but I'd say the overall fit and finish, standard features and interior materials are certainly superior to Ford.

My wife never really took the effort to make use of it, but the under seat storage in the back of the Maverick is cavernous. I have a pile of stuff back there and back seats and floor space are still free. You could theoretically put a ton of stuff in the cab of a Maverick if you don't need to carry rear passengers. For me, it's certainly enough, and I like having the bed for hunting and camping.

Best of luck figuring out your "system" with your truck!

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have never owned a Subaru before, but I saw where they redesigned the Crosstrek for 24 (more of a refresh/overhaul than a whole new design, really) and started looking into it. We compared to lots of other options and test drove the Crosstrek against the Mazda CX-30 and Kia Seltos. Crosstrek was clear winner among those in our eyes. Was going to test VW Taos and Tiguan too but never got around to it. We were not interested in an Escape or anything from GM.

Interestingly, there is a TON of stuff included standard on the Crosstrek Sport trim we got that would cost extra on a Maverick. Blind spot, moon roof, adaptive cruise, huge 10-inch color touch screen, push button start, LED headlights that "steer" with your wheel, etc. Basically loaded up with everything EXCEPT leather and premium sound system (available only on the Limited trim) the Crosstrek has a sticker price a couple grand below the Tremor, and we negotiated a good bit under that.

Like I said, the wife LOVES her Subaru, and I have to say I am impressed with it. It's not as comfortable or roomy in the cab as my Maverick, but I'd say the overall fit and finish, standard features and interior materials are certainly superior to Ford.

My wife never really took the effort to make use of it, but the under seat storage in the back of the Maverick is cavernous. I have a pile of stuff back there and back seats and floor space are still free. You could theoretically put a ton of stuff in the cab of a Maverick if you don't need to carry rear passengers. For me, it's certainly enough, and I like having the bed for hunting and camping.

Best of luck figuring out your "system" with your truck!
Yep - Subaru has pretty solid interiors and I really really like how the package/option vehicles. You definitely get a lot of vehicle for the money and Subarus platforms and drivetrains get incremental changes but for the most part it is a tried and true formula for them.

If I didn't have three young kids a Crosstek would be on my list of vehicles to consider. I tried to get back into a Forester but I couldn't swallow the price for a new one versus what I paid for my new one in 2014 (yes I know...10 years) but it is virtually the same vehicle.

Tough to see it all in the picture but I've made great use of the underseat storage and you're right - it is huge. I've got 2 sets of hiking poles, 2 bow saws, Silky Big Boy folding saw, first aid kit + trauma kit, shovel, 3 frisbees, 2 ground tarps, 1 hammock tarp, hammock and straps, Helinox Ground chair, stakes, hammer, hatchet, an AR7, bear spray, air horn, and a packable backpack, oh and a deck of cards.

Basically if I get stuck somewhere I can make a nice shelter and get a fire going and enjoy myself while I wait for help.

Ford Maverick Tough Decisions- Tremor or my current FX4 IMG_4680

But it is things like tossing my backpack somewhere to go into the office (when I have to) or my disc bags for disc golf, kids backpacks etc.

I think that is why I like the soft tonneau cover and the little separated area

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep - Subaru has pretty solid interiors and I really really like how the package/option vehicles. You definitely get a lot of vehicle for the money and Subarus platforms and drivetrains get incremental changes but for the most part it is a tried and true formula for them.

If I didn't have three young kids a Crosstek would be on my list of vehicles to consider. I tried to get back into a Forester but I couldn't swallow the price for a new one versus what I paid for my new one in 2014 (yes I know...10 years) but it is virtually the same vehicle.

Tough to see it all in the picture but I've made great use of the underseat storage and you're right - it is huge. I've got 2 sets of hiking poles, 2 bow saws, Silky Big Boy folding saw, first aid kit + trauma kit, shovel, 3 frisbees, 2 ground tarps, 1 hammock tarp, hammock and straps, Helinox Ground chair, stakes, hammer, hatchet, an AR7, bear spray, air horn, and a packable backpack, oh and a deck of cards.

Basically if I get stuck somewhere I can make a nice shelter and get a fire going and enjoy myself while I wait for help.

IMG_4680.jpg

But it is things like tossing my backpack somewhere to go into the office (when I have to) or my disc bags for disc golf, kids backpacks etc.

I think that is why I like the soft tonneau cover and the little separated area
Yup, you fit a lot under the seat -- and there's still room to spare!
Sponsored