Sponsored

Tonneau covers - trifold vs hard roll up?

Halabrad

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sedona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious what everyone thinks between these two options. I’m in Ontario Canada and can get hit with some intense snowstorms and temperature shifts so I’ve heard people say going with a hard cover is preferred for durability.

What does everyone recommend between tri fold and hard roll up?
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm getting a tri-fold because I live in the forest and I feel like it will a) hold up better to acorns and fallen branches and b) even if it is damaged, it would still function with a big dent, which I feel like wont be true for the rolling cover's mechanisms.

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2015 F350 Lariat DRW, 8’ bed with the LoRoll roll up cover. It looked good but would hold water in a rain.
I now have a 2020 F-150 King Ranch. It has the trifold cover. It looks better, covers the tailgate better, and does not hold water.
Good luck!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious what everyone thinks between these two options. I’m in Ontario Canada and can get hit with some intense snowstorms and temperature shifts so I’ve heard people say going with a hard cover is preferred for durability.

What does everyone recommend between tri fold and hard roll up?
I really like the hard roll up. Seems more versatile to me. Fyi the Canadian build and price is a screaming deal for either hard option at $950 Canadian. Make sure you include it in your build it you'll be paying hundreds more even direct from Ford or a dealer.

Sponsored

jmcgon237

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am going with the soft tri-fold either from Extang or TonnoPro. They go over the edge of the bed and I believe give a better seal. Most of the hard covers fit inside of the bed so are totally dependent on a Velcro seal to keep out water. Plus the soft tri-fold's come off very easy if you need to carry furniture. And they are much less expensive, $350 to $450.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I prefer a soft tri-fold. Affordable, easy to use and R&R, and effective as a low security option.

Specifically, I like the Extang Trifecta Signature series. Had one for 6 years on 2 F150's, held up great, and worked awesome. Will be getting the same for the Mav.

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picking my Lariat up on Tuesday and I already ordered the Bak X4s which is a hard roll up. It was expensive but it’s supposed to be one of the best. And even fully open you can still see out of the back window, which seems ideal to me.

the other thing to note is that if you want to do a bed rack down the line, you’ve gotta go with the low profile covers that attach on the inner sides of the rails, some restrict the ability to add rails for bed racks, just something to think about.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anyone taken a look at Renegade or Diamondback? I would like to see if my ATV would fit. Both pricey but would last forever and made in the USA.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been leaning toward the X4S but have heard they can have issues rolling in cold temps. I haven't seen anyone with factory tri fold or aftermarket one installed I'm curious where they routed the drain since I don't think there are plugs to route through,.

Sponsored

rutroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge durango
Has anyone taken a look at Renegade or Diamondback? I would like to see if my ATV would fit. Both pricey but would last forever and made in the USA.

I emailed diamondback they said they would definitely be looking at doing 1 for the maverick

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picking my Lariat up on Tuesday and I already ordered the Bak X4s which is a hard roll up. It was expensive but it’s supposed to be one of the best. And even fully open you can still see out of the back window, which seems ideal to me.

the other thing to note is that if you want to do a bed rack down the line, you’ve gotta go with the low profile covers that attach on the inner sides of the rails, some restrict the ability to add rails for bed racks, just something to think about.
Great choice !!!!

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I emailed diamondback they said they would definitely be looking at doing 1 for the maverick
I think both covers are excellent choices for a good secure cover. Security is one of my main concerns with contents in the bed worth more than the truck.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
I'm a Truxedo Lo Pro fan (F150's and F250) so can't comment on hard top options.

Hyfly11

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hyrum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the Bak X4s
Sponsored