Sponsored

Thoughts on soft roll up, hard roll up, folding etc… tonneau covers?

aguerrero78

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Amiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are some thoughts on soft roll up, hard roll up, folding etc… tonneau covers? I just put on the TruXedo X15 soft roll up cover on my Maverick. It looks great, but I have never dealt with any type before.

Ford Maverick Thoughts on soft roll up, hard roll up, folding etc… tonneau covers? BE8C3CA4-661B-4614-B4C6-C7C9828DE3E9

Ford Maverick Thoughts on soft roll up, hard roll up, folding etc… tonneau covers? F49DFD0A-3FFB-4F77-8AAB-78ECC2740463
Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a soft trifold on the F150, and needed to remove it several times when hauling stuff that needed more of the bed, ended up switching to a soft roll up for it, so that’s what I put on the maverick

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There are many threads on here. Each one will say they have the best cover.

I originally had the X15, but didn’t like the fit. So I exchanged it for the BAK X4S. I like the X4S much better.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depending on what you need. Roll ups are prone to warp and stretch. Also more annoying to put up and take out. But they make the most room in the bed without blocking stuff.

Tri fold are simple and stay stiffer. Also super easy to open and close. But they block window to get full bed access.

Hard vs soft is just durability, load bearing capacity, security vs cost.

There's also retractable to factor in. Blocks bed, expensive, but really nice looking and super easy to open and close. Also probably works best with rack system of any.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had TruXedo brand rollup covers on all my fullsize pickups. Obviously I'm a fan. Decided to try out a Baron SFX soft trifold on my Maverick. The cover is small enough and trivial to remove if I ever need the entire small bed clear.
For me, a tonneau cover is just another tool, but it better not leak. I've never had an issue with any of the covers I've owned.

Sponsored

redskins5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford F150 Hybrid, 2022 mavrick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Rool-n-lock hard rollup on my 2021 ford f-150 that has been installed for a year now. I love it. I plan on buying one for my wifes mavrick when it gets here.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

wondering if anyone has had any leak issues with covers from the indentation in the rails up near the cab? I'm thinking a small piece of weatherstripping in there might take care of this

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have Pro X15 soft covers on both my trucks and have been extremely satisfied with the fit and finish. And as a bonus they look great too.

I applaud your choice.

Last edited:

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a rough country soft tri-fold. It keeps things dry, looks decent and is easy to use and remove. I haven’t had any leaking issues but my truck is seldom out in the rain since it’s garaged most of the time.

If I was going to buy one again, I’d go with probably a hard cover that’s retractable. I saw one on a F150 and realized the loss of space at the rear window is not that big of a deal since I often get by just fine with the trifold folded and strapped together for larger stuff as is without removing it altogether.

The gripe with my soft trifold is the rear clamps feel like they are going to break one day and you have to adjust them fairly frequently with weather changes due to material stretching and contracting. On top of that, it always concerns me that the material may tear or rip when I have things right against the bottom of the cover since it doesn’t feel that thick. If it was out in the sun all the time, I can tell the material might fade in color as well.

It’s still a good product for the price I paid and overall I’m happy with it. I just think a hard cover might have suited me better overall.

Toy Truck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a soft trifold on the F150, and needed to remove it several times when hauling stuff that needed more of the bed, ended up switching to a soft roll up for it, so that’s what I put on the maverick
I had a soft trifold on my Nissan PRO 4 and like it so much that it was the only option that I order for my Maverick. This one is even easier to use.

Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a soft trifold on my Nissan PRO 4 and like it so much that it was the only option that I order for my Maverick. This one is even easier to use.
I got a deal on a hard trifold that I couldn’t pass up and swapped the roll up for it

KrisYYC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze, 2024 Ford Maverick XLT in production
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was humming and hawing about what type of tonneau to get once my Maverick arrives. Considering I won't need to lock up anything valuable and will basically just use it to keep things dry running the odd errand on a rainy/snowy day I think I'll go with soft roll-up. Now I'm in research mode for one haha.
Sponsored