Sponsored

Tonneau Cover questions

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I seriously doubt Ford would make it difficult for the aftermarket to build tonneau covers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can absolutely see that. For me it's going to come down to the First Edition with the soft trifold cover with my build or the "regular" Lariat with the hard roll-up cover (if it's the aluminium-backed kind) with my build because I, honestly, don't want to mess with it later.
Well, I guess it is time for me to disagree. I bought the bare-bones XL, and my primary option WAS the soft tonneau cover. I bought the Maverick for one reason, to carry my 10-foot fishing kayak. When not hauling the yak, the tonneau will be on, and stay on, as I can put groceries in the front and back seats. My only other options were the Co-pilot 360, splash guards, and the trailer hitch receiver that I will never need. A new first for me: the transportation cost was higher than my options cost!

I am much more comfortable with Ford installing my tonneau than my doing it or an aftermarket firm doing it. My only concern is that I was the first Maverick sale at my dealer, so I am probably going to be his first installation of the tonneau. Omini domini nabisco.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I've never had a Soft Rollup. They don't seem secure enough.
I've had a Try-Fold and hated it because it completely covered the back window when in the full open position.
I've had the Hard Rollup and hated it as well. When completely rolled up it covered half to three quarters of the back window.

Question, does anyone know if the tailgate locks? If it doesn't then nothing will be secure in the bed.

I have always wanted the Retractable type cover by Truck Covers USA-American Roll Cover. I'm going to see if they have plans for a cover for the Maverick. I'll let you know what they say.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had an Explorer SportTrac with the hard folding cover. It was a royal pain to put on and take off. I needed it off far more than I needed it on. It wound up in the back of my garage until I sold the truck. No more tonneau covers for me!

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never had a Soft Rollup. They don't seem secure enough.
I've had a Try-Fold and hated it because it completely covered the back window when in the full open position.
I've had the Hard Rollup and hated it as well. When completely rolled up it covered half to three quarters of the back window.

Question, does anyone know if the tailgate locks? If it doesn't then nothing will be secure in the bed.

I have always wanted the Retractable type cover by Truck Covers USA-American Roll Cover. I'm going to see if they have plans for a cover for the Maverick. I'll let you know what they say.
Hope this company makes one for the Maverick, they make one for the short bed Ranger. Not retractable, but as it folds, it folds down into the bed and takes up less bed room the a retractable. Completely remiveable in 30 seconds. Watch the video.
https://www.peragon.com/?gclid=Cj0K...K5Q86k1hOJo0mlCEypEEqlOZfWUC8CFEaAhOoEALw_wcB

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eons ago I used to sell auto parts, and where I was at the time, we sold a boatload of truck accessories from Lund, Putco, CoverCraft/McNeil, AVS, and a gajillion other brands. I've seen dozens of mounting systems for everything from hardshell tonneaus to gas-lifted, to powered roll-ups. I would be surprised if the aftermarket didn't already have tons of options in the works.

Although mine is a First Edition and I end up with the soft folding as part of that, I plan to replace it with a different one. Specifically, if Lund comes out with a Roll-n-Lock cover for the Maverick (Link to their RnL for the F-150), that would be my first choice. I like the locking tonneau paired with a locking tailgate. :)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eons ago I used to sell auto parts, and where I was at the time, we sold a boatload of truck accessories from Lund, Putco, CoverCraft/McNeil, AVS, and a gajillion other brands. I've seen dozens of mounting systems for everything from hardshell tonneaus to gas-lifted, to powered roll-ups. I would be surprised if the aftermarket didn't already have tons of options in the works.

Although mine is a First Edition and I end up with the soft folding as part of that, I plan to replace it with a different one. Specifically, if Lund comes out with a Roll-n-Lock cover for the Maverick (Link to their RnL for the F-150), that would be my first choice. I like the locking tonneau paired with a locking tailgate. :)
I've heard of Lund but have never owned one. Of all the brands you mentioned, why this particular brand and model?

Sponsored

TD331

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Contacted a local aftermarket dealer. He made some calls and could not find anything that would be available anytime soon.

One point he did make is that he has had problems in the the past with installs on unibody ( ie. Ridgeline ) leaking as there is no gap between the cab and bed.

Though it’s at a premium price I’ve ordered the hard roll up for my XLT and figured for the first three years that will be Ford’s challenge.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since thus far the bulk of forum members haven't ordered ANY tonneau cover, is that due to preferring the aftermarket or just no such cover at all?
I originally had the hard trifold optioned but then went and looked at how much raptor aftermarket trifolds were selling for (about half the cost of Ford oem) and will wait.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope this company makes one for the Maverick, they make one for the short bed Ranger. Not retractable, but as it folds, it folds down into the bed and takes up less bed room the a retractable. Completely remiveable in 30 seconds. Watch the video.
https://www.peragon.com/?gclid=Cj0K...K5Q86k1hOJo0mlCEypEEqlOZfWUC8CFEaAhOoEALw_wcB
I’m getting the soft cover because of winter I have an immediate need. But I will watch this manufacturer for the future, nice unit!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love it. I sent them an email to see if they have plans to cover the Maverick. Thanks for letting me know about this brand.
Okay, I received an email response from Peragon this morning. Here is their response:

Hello Donald,​
Thank you for your continued interest in the Peragon truck bed cover!​
At this time we do not have plans to offer a cover for the Ford Maverick.
Regards,​
Jacob​
Sales & Support​
Peragon Enterprises, Inc.​
877-473-7246​

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've heard of Lund but have never owned one. Of all the brands you mentioned, why this particular brand and model?
I've always had really good experience with their products over the years. The few times I've had to deal with their customer service, they always got things fixed up for me, too. I've had 2 Ford Rangers (1996 and a 2010) where their tonneaus were easy to install, lasted for ages if you followed the care instructions, and the 2010 had one of their bed extenders under the AMP label, too. Just really my happiness with them overall.
Sponsored