First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
well, I called ford customer service # 4:20 ish. told them about the email, she said ,yes its real, and sorry I did not get one, and to copy it, go to the dealer and show them and ,I said I ordered XLT Hybrid one opt. trailer hitch, she said to tell them to keep order the same, and to make note you want it to switch to a 2023 ,if they dont get it built ,so I did. went to Mullinax with papers, saw my salesperson and sales manager and manager on floor that time, the salesman knew nothing of the email?? the manager said he saw one on line last night looking for orders etc. on Ford website- he said he is getting calls about it etc. but they act like they have NO CLUE on what to do??I said I want to make sure it stays ordered and if it cant be built its in line for the 2023, he said they will note that, but know nothing of the emails sent ??? what the HE__!! looks like no communication with Ford and OR Dealers !!!?? so I went home called Ford customer service again, and told them the story ,and I am VERRY UNHAPPY with Ford and its NON CUSTOMER SERVICE . its really nuts as Munillax has Many stores ,I think at least 6?? and they know NOTHING ?? I told the dealer and Ford all they had to do is keep people informed on what is going on, and not keep us all in the dark, I know there are big issues, but how tough is it to let people know what is going on??? I feel I know less now than 8 months ago when it was ordered, and the dealer and Ford act DUMB about it !! we shall see what the heck happens.

Ford doesn’t know what Ford is doing 😂
Sponsored

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford doesn’t know what Ford is doing 😂
Boy ,you are right on that one.I guess being an old fart I expect some customer service and maybe somone with 1/4 of a brain that may know something How can a dealer that big "NO NOTHING" sergeant Schultz !!!

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Could you put that in english?

Boy ,you are right on that one.I guess being an old fart I expect some customer service and maybe somone with 1/4 of a brain that may know something How can a dealer that big "NO NOTHING" sergeant Schultz !!!

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Cool!

Ford stock (F) is up 11% on that news.

Later on, dumbass.

A good slap in the face by ford once again.

For me they can keep there special offer and I will move my business to someone else. Ford can rollover automatically the order I place or I am out.

RJames

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT, CHEVY S-10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am awaiting confirmation, but my dealer said I have a build date of August 29. To me that indicates they intend to continue to build 2022's after the start of ordering 2023's date comes?
Cool profile pic! 👍

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy Tim, one of the regular dealers in one of the Maverick Facebook groups supposedly spoke with his brand manager and gave him updated information. See below.

More info on Maverick 2023 Order Bank, Order Guide, Price Protection, Converting 2022 order to 2023:

1. Is Aug 2 when Dealers can enter new 2023 Maverick Orders? Yes, this will be when the dealer order bank opens and 23MY order guide and pricing are made available. All customer retail orders are price protected at the levels when their order was submitted.
  2. Are 2022 customer orders price protected if they carry over to 2023? No, Ford has no way in their systems to provide automatic price protection when carrying over from one model year to the next like the way they do within the existing model year. This is why Ford will be providing the private offer which is the same approach Ford used last year for customers that were forced to transition from 21MY to 22MY orders.
  3. When will dealers be able to convert unscheduled 22 orders to 23? Aug 2? So any 22MY retail orders that go unscheduled will fall off when we reach balance out for the 22MY – the last 22MY orders will be scheduled on August 18th. We provided customers in the email that went out yesterday a deadline of July 8th to remove constraining features from their orders. On August 2nd, any customer whose 22MY order has not scheduled can then work with their Ford dealer to place their 23MY retail order. At that point Ford will also be announcing the private offer amount that customers can put towards their 23MY retail order as only customers with unscheduled 22MY retail orders will be eligible for the offer.

I asked him to clarify if that meant we would lose our place in line and have to start over. He said that's what would happen, that on 8/2 it will start over for everyone and will just be first come firt served, we would just get the private offer on ours. I really hope he is confused because so far it had seemed like we would get a new 23 MY order replacing our 22s and hold our place in line. Maybe it is up to the dealer to place ours in the queue first?
Everything is exactly what I received today as well except they will prioritize 22MY orders over new 23MY orders. The haven't disclosed details but said any 22MY order will get looked at but they will need to put in a new order. Which is okay because even if the order is duplicated as a 23 order would still need to be adjusted for 23MY changes and put into priority 10-19 anyway. We found that out on the Bronco last October.

Rlb080

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got email yesterday. October 26, 2021 order. Lariat, Hybrid, Luxury package, and CoPilot 360.
Contacted my dealer (Earnhardt Ford, Chandler, Arizona). His answer below:

"Hello Jerry,
You are Priority code 2, Ford is looking at your build, but does not have all the parts to build it, they may be back ordered, I had the same thing happen in April and I did not remove anything, and I got pulled since so many people got the email and started removing options. I suggest you keep it as it is, or if you want to remove you can, but I would just let others do it and you get what you want, you already have waiting this long.
Joel"

I think I will follow his advice. If I get rolled into MY23, so be it.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember if the "special offer" is in fact a rebate. You will pay sales tax on the full amount. For those states that have sales tax
This will diminish the value of the rebate.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So...either remove what you like and MAYBE get a 2022 right before 2023s come out...or just keep it and get the truck you want in a 2023 model, probably just 3-4 months later anyway.

It would be dumb to remove anything at this point, even if it was a guarantee you'd be scheduled soon. Even more so since it's NOT a guarantee you'd get it soon.
My dealer first told me 8 weeks, almost 8 months ago. So, I'm not in a trusting mood.
Even this switching to the MY '23. Do we go to the head of the line or the back of the line? I'm just a mushroom that they don't care too much about?

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Everything is exactly what I received today as well except they will prioritize 22MY orders over new 23MY orders. The haven't disclosed details but said any 22MY order will get looked at but they will need to put in a new order. Which is okay because even if the order is duplicated as a 23 order would still need to be adjusted for 23MY changes and put into priority 10-19 anyway. We found that out on the Bronco last October.
Thanks Tim. I watched your Facebook video tonight and saw you answered it. I asked the question about if my 22 gets scheduled after ordering the 23 if I lose the private offer on the 23. Guess I'm piling up my order with constraints.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The dates don't make sense in some spots. For example, if they claim that scheduling will keep happening thru August 18th, how could someone work with their dealer on August 2nd (an earlier date) to "re-order" their Maverick? Scheduling will not have been completed and folks would still have a chance at a 2022 until August 18th.....right?

EDIT: Maybe they meant to say JULY 18th?
If you watched Tim's Facebook video tonight, he said all of the above was accurate including the scheduling in August past the 8/2 date. Tim said we will submit a 23 order that will be prioritized but my 22 could still be scheduled afterwards. If that happens the dealer has to cancel the 23 and you would only get the private offer on the 22. Guess when it gets close to 8/2 you have to load it up with constraints to avoid getting scheduled after.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I have an ecoboost from November and priority 2. Any idea if they will honor the APR from when I placed my order on a 2023? Thanks for any info
Probably not since incentives are based from order date and you will need to put in a new order.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember if the "special offer" is in fact a rebate. You will pay sales tax on the full amount. For those states that have sales tax
This will diminish the value of the rebate.
Ford will raise their sales price by a few thousands then cut you a rebate for a few hundreds. Yep, the math sounds about right to me. Not counting you are going to wait several months for your order.
Sponsored