First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The way I read this is that anyone who has a MY22 order that does not get built will need to re-order as a MY23. So no automatic roll-over.
However:
  • The 'order bank' will open internally on August 2nd. Maybe to allow dealers to enter 'roll-over' orders?
  • The 2023 order bank will open August 15th for 'new' orders
  • Ford will offer a private offer discount to MY22 orders that renew for 2023, possibly the difference amount between 2022 and 2023 cost.
  • That private offer discount will be complicated by any changes in packages and options so will need to be customized for each build
  • Packages and options may change (will change) thus the need to write a new order instead of automatic roll-over
  • Constraints will continue and packages and options may be altered to avoid some of those constraints. Meaning some packages may be split up and some options may be dropped
If this works as I interpret it then MY22 order holders will have roughly 2 weeks to get their orders in before the order bank is opened for any new orders. Constraints aside that means MY22 roll-overs get precedence in the queue. It also means that if you do put in items that are constrained then you might get your truck after a 'new' MY23 order with less constraints.

*just my personal interpretation of the memo and email.
What are the constraints that would be useful if we know? If anyone knows what is the constraints for a XLT Maverick will be appreciated.
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had my Maverick since January, but if I was in this predicament, I would demand they do these 2 things to compensate for this mishap:

1. No Destination Charge
2. Guaranteed Pilot 360

Other than that, I would ask for the Eruption Green, would want to have the split bench rear seat & an option for AWD drivetrain.
Ford won't ship them for free....if anything that will be going up!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My question is if we don't want to remove anything and keep the co pilot and luxury package does our order automatically get push to a 2023 model without having to contact the dealership.. I hope it just converts and not having us scramble like chickens to have to call the dealership to have them do something to convert it to 2023 model.. I am feeling overwhelmed and stress already cause I am not understanding the course of action to take if I want my Maverick with the item that are constraints..... I'm a confirmed order july 7, 2021 but no built date for Lariat, luxury, Co pilot 360.
You will probably have to work w/ the dealership. Some options/colors may change.

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received this email on my 23 October XLT hybrid order. The only option on have on that order is spray-in bedliner/SIBL which I'm not convinced would make any difference at this point in scheduling. So as long as I place in line is reserved I would just as soon and maybe preferably have my order convert to model year 2023.

In my case a month after I ordered my hybrid I decided to keep the order alive and search for an eco-boost since I actually needed a vehicle. So I have had an eco-boost since 23 December and can wait. My intent is to trade in the eco-boost or sell and get the hybrid. Maybe model year 2023 will have AWD? unlikely that Ford would be able to hide that imminent option....

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy

If the dealer's email is correct and internal order banks open August 2nd, would this not be for the rollover orders and wouldn't the dealers have order guides before then? Should we be talking to our dealers on August 2nd to place our roll over orders?
Not sure yet, trying to figure out if Ford Internally means Ford Corporate or Dealer Access.

Hijeemoto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids have always been a constraint because of demand. Ford originally said they were going to build Mavericks at 40% hybrid 60% Eco. That would be fine except more than 60% of the orders were for hybrids. That alone means there is going to be a backlog of hybrids.
I know hybrids have been an issue. Pisses me off the guy down the street has one. Not sure when he ordered it. I have also seen videos of random non order placing people on YouTube of people buying from dealers Hybrids. In my mind when and if someone dropped out and couldn’t wait that delivered hybrid should have been offered to someone that had ordered. I guess I’m too optimistic and logical?!

waitingonford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whoever is doing projections at Ford is a moron. How about closing ordering earlier so you can actually fill all the orders for MY22? Don’t even get me started on their marketing/communications branch.

Hijeemoto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received this email on my 23 October XLT hybrid order. The only option on have on that order is spray-in bedliner/SIBL which I'm not convinced would make any difference at this point in scheduling. So as long as I place in line is reserved I would just as soon and maybe preferably have my order convert to model year 2023.

In my case a month after I ordered my hybrid I decided to keep the order alive and search for an eco-boost since I actually needed a vehicle. So I have had an eco-boost since 23 December and can wait. My intent is to trade in the eco-boost or sell and get the hybrid. Maybe model year 2023 will have AWD? unlikely that Ford would be able to hide that imminent option....
You’re going to have to re order to get a my23 is how I read the email. It’s not automatically transferred over.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Biggest questions to be answered, IMO:

1. Can carryover orders be switched to a different dealer?

2. Is the private offer amount going to be based on price differences between your MY23 order and a comprably equipped MY23 truck? Or, is going to vary based on what you ACTUALLY order for MY23. In the former scenario, it could actually really work out in your favor. For example, let's say you have the lux package in your current order, and you choose to drop it for your MY23 order. If Ford gives you a private offer compensating for the price difference, you could not only save the cost of the package but a few hundred dollars extra. Will be interesting to see how Ford handles this.

3. If you get a private offer and choose to place your MY23 order with a DIFFERENT DEALER (see question 1 above), is the private offer good there? Or, if you find a stock Maverick on a dealer lot somewhere that you want to buy, is the private offer good on that? Or, is it ONLY good when applied to the ORIGINAL, CARRIED OVER ORDER with the ORIGINAL DEALER?

At this point, I feel it's stupid to make any changes to my existing order, in mere HOPE of getting scheduled, without knowing what the options will be for MY23. I think it's better to just ride it out with my current order. If Ford can get it scheduled, great. If not, then I'll take my chance with the private offer, any potential new features/options for MY23 and hope the private offer details are generous and flexible.

I doubt that carryover orders can be switched to a different dealer (remember the ROVP was done specific to that dealership). In rare circumstances Ford may intervene to switch and order/allocation (our dealership had an F150 Lightning order & allocation switched over to us by the higher ups).

We don't know the details yet. My guess is that it will be a set amount....maybe tied to the base vehicle price increase? It very well may be tied to the carried over vehicle.
Hopefully Ford will have thought of all of those possibilities you mention and make the rules clear in early Aug!

AddieNH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
I had a 99 Ranger as well. Sold it shortly after ordering a Mav, but still have my 2012 Escape Hybrid, (29.5 mpg). I was afraid some major thing would go wrong with the Ranger, so I sold it while I could. Now that summer is here, I could really use a pick-up, but oh well. :(
Oh nooo! I know the feeling which is why I'm keeping the Ranger going as much as I can, but I know that it's getting near the end. Good luck and fingers crossed for you.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are the constraints that would be useful if we know? If anyone knows what is the constraints for a XLT Maverick will be appreciated.
That seems to change over time. @fordvideoguy often mentions common ones in his videos. Your dealer should be able to look your order up and tell you precisely what things on your order is constrained.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The notice does not say what the price increase will be between my22 and my23, among other missing information as mentioned above. It's a crap shoot. IF I remove the co-pilot 360 it does not guarantee that I will get a my22. Not sure what to do. I really wanted the co-pilot, but it could cost alot more in my23.
The notice specifically says that dealers won't be receiving that info until later.....
Ford has not released the order guide for 23 Maverick yet. Probably around that same time in early Aug (or late July if we are lucky).

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Luxury Package, CP 360 Package mostly. But any bed options should be removed.
Sponsored