Sponsored

The XL elephant in the room... no cruise control on the XL..

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would expect the aftermarket kit to be in the $350-$400 range like this one that fits the Ranger WalMart Link Rostra Link
Sponsored

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
Right. Looks like a Rostra unit is probably going to be the one. Apparently VERY common item within the Ford Transit/Transit Connect community; I guess a lot of fleets/commerical users buy stripped models then add it. About $300 for the unit plus maybe an hour of labor at a shop. Reviews suggest they seem to work ok with the exception of being a bit quirky.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seams very odds NOT to have it as an option.
at least optional. You can get ford 360, apple car play, sun roof,WiFi, auto brake hold, but not CC? Very strange. Well looks like I’m getting an XLT (only $2300 more).

but that’s like my wife’s 16+ Honda Civic that doesn’t have multi speed intermediate wipers… like ford has had that standard since the 60s.

I wonder tho if you simply can get the steering wheel with the CC buttons And plug in the pig tail to the harness and it would work.
I know you can do that on most new cars. (My mother in laws Kia Rio)

New Ford Steering wheel is $600
Airbag in the steering wheel becomes an issue.

Sponsored

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was a little surprised CC isn't a standard feature across all models, but its missing is not an elephant for me. It is a bit odd its not an option though.

The only time I've ever used CC has been on long road trips where I am spending hours on the freeway, not happening with this truck. 70% city driving, 30% short haul trips in the country, mostly sideroads not highway. I won't be missing it.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I was a little surprised CC isn't a standard feature across all models, but its missing is not an elephant for me. It is a bit odd its not an option though.

The only time I've ever used CC has been on long road trips where I am spending hours on the freeway, not happening with this truck. 70% city driving, 30% short haul trips in the country, mostly sideroads not highway. I won't be missing it.
Fleets sometimes don't want cruise control for their trucks so all the base model trucks have it optional in the midsize and full size truck world. For the Maverick, it looks like they left it off for XL fleet buyers but forgot to throw it into a package to add on as optional / intentionally left it off to push more consumers into the XLT

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had cruise control on most of my latest vehicles, but I rarely use it and certainly wouldn't miss it.

It is unfortunate that some of these options are not offered Ă  la carte in lower trim levels. I don't particularly like leather, but I had to opt for the Lariat trim as I wanted premium audio. Unfortunately, it is getting tougher to get premium aftermarket audio with all of the integration they're doing these days.
After watching Ford engineers discuss the maker aspect of providing mechanical and electrical features for end-user integration (12V in bed and slots for 3D printed stuff, bed slots for 2x4 2x6 projects), I thought it would have been a great platform to install Double-DIN audio that could be upgraded for better performance. Modularity for add-on's such as cruise control, upgraded audio, and other features would provide an opportunity for renewed interest in automotive customization. Fewer are tinkering with their cars these days, one would think Ford would want to keep that spirit alive.

Sponsored

James

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have to ask, what's the issue w/ manual mirrors?
I have a 2012 Escape with no backup camera. Power mirrors are nice to back into spaces using the side mirrors, you can easily move them downward or outward to see the lines or obstacles on either side of you. I learned to use side mirrors to backup and park, I doubt if I will ever use a backup camera, but that's just me(I'm old).

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I rarely use cruise control on my Frontier. I’m more concerned about manual mirrors on the XL.
If power mirrors are that important to you then you may want to consider modifying your order. I ordered an XL with copilot 360 and my order in Ford's WBDO shows power mirrors with blind spot monitoring are included. Your problem solved for $540.

Ford Maverick The XL elephant in the room... no cruise control on the XL.. m1

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I rarely use cruise control on my Frontier. I’m more concerned about manual mirrors on the XL.

I also verified with my dealer that adding the 360 package on the XL gives you the power mirrors.