2023 XL getting Cruise Control?

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I saw the Ford Video guy talk about the 2023 F150 Xl having cruise control standard. Made me wonder if that would go to the maverick too in 2023. This would makes so much more sense since every car I owned even a 1992 Pontiac had cruise.
Regarding the 2023 F150, Ford is eliminating the lowest packages for every trim; i.e. 100A, 300A, etc. So buyers are now forced to get 101A, 301A, etc. as base trims which those packages have always had cruise. This elimination of the true base trims is only happening for the F150 and will not apply to base Mavericks.
Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just noted this vid on YT:

He also does dual 'catch can' installation video.
tom
Excellent video!

I will absolutely go that route if I decide to get an XL.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the end of the day cruise wasn't standard because the bare-bones XL is on face a fleet vehicle. It is the same across all models for Ford trucks - if you want an XL, expect fleet-level amenities.

That they added it to the F-150 XL is likely an acknowledgement that the F-150 is a bad fleet vehicle to begin with, and the Ranger and Maverick fit that mold (and sales probably reflect this as well).

To the 1992 pontiac having cruise - sure, cruise has been an option on vehicles for 40 years. I promise it was not available on any base level vehicle, generally speaking, until much more recently (say the last decade).
my 2018 F-150 XL came standard with CC.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could get the part and have non ford dealer body shop install it for you if you dont know how or want to .. i think they might offer it now since customer are really wanting it but at higher price of msrp of course.

Sponsored

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could get the part and have non ford dealer body shop install it for you if you dont know how or want to .. i think they might offer it now since customer are really wanting it but at higher price of msrp of course.
Which is fine. Offer it as part of a package such as STX. I have no problem with them making money off the option, but make it an option!

STX on a Ranger is $2,000. That includes an appearance package, upgraded wheels, dual zone climate, Sync 3, SiriusXM.

Create a STX package for the Maverick. $750 to $1000. Package a couple things that also include cruise. People would go for it.

Last edited:

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I see Ford adding cruise at least as an option, if not standard. I get that Ford excluded it 2022 to bump people to XLT, which I think is entirely true. I'm sure Ford also saw how easily people were adding cruise on their own for $100-200 and will want a piece of that pie. They will either offer it by itself for $500 or put it in a package.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm old enough to remember when you were lucky enough to get a heater on the base models, let alone cruise, a radio and A/C. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :rolleyes:

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
why the fuck arent you all just adding factory cruise?

its not that hard - and its cheaper parts than aftersmarkets.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What goes into any trim is arcane marketing magic. With 1,000 spreadsheets and marketing interns and new hires agonizing over every line of the spreadsheets to optimize OEM profit. So guessing what will be in the 2023 trims might be fun, but it's also a fool's errand. Anything anyone who's not a Ford insider offers up as an answer is just guessing.

Everyone is always saying "it's only $100, or $10, or $1, or a few cents". Well here's an education. OEMs obsess over saving a fraction of a penny. You save 6 cents by removing a plastic clip on the F150, you multiply that by almost a million units each year. Watching Munro Live is a real education in how and why automakers obsess over details and cost cutting.

Since we're guessing, It's my observation that most OEMs use cruise as a weapon to move you up to the next trim. Those starting trims are for fleets and to get customers in the door and upsell them. Marketing is all about upsell.
I think it was an urban legend, but somewhat reminds me of the story about how some airline reduced the number of peanuts in their in-flight snack bags by one nut and ended up saving millions of dollars per year in fuel costs due to the weight reduction. Sometimes a fraction of a cent adds up over time when taken at scale. Same would apply here to the "only a dollar in parts" cruise. That dollar adds up!

Sponsored

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm old enough to remember when you were lucky enough to get a heater on the base models, let alone cruise, a radio and A/C. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :rolleyes:
Some of us are trying to forget that era.

My dad came from that era, and he's such a cheapass that he considers a heater in a car to be an "expensive luxury item."

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some of us are trying to forget that era.

My dad came from that era, and he's such a cheapass that he considers a heater in a car to be an "expensive luxury item."
Your Dad sounds like a good guy. We get it. LMAO. Yeah, as I tell people, the "Good Old Days" were not always so good. Cars are so much better now in a lot of ways. Cheers.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your Dad sounds like a good guy. We get it. LMAO. Yeah, as I tell people, the "Good Old Days" were not always so good. Cars are so much better now in a lot of ways. Cheers.
He learned on a 1936 Ford that didn't even have a defroster. The finally sold it in '71 when the landlord gave them their 30 days notice (due to the house being put up for sale and all) and they didn't have space in the house they were buying.

Sold it for $100, on the first day they ran the ad in the newspaper. Guy showed up with a truck the next morning and picked it up.

As for him being good... let's just say our relationship is strained. Some of it due to his being such a cheapass.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There was a 'heater delete' option some time ago. It generally was something bought for vehicles destined for TX, NM, AZ and other Southern states. Bought in that it was a credit to base price. Radio delete was also an option on some models. Original Mustand, with no radio or heater was $2368 plus shipping(based on miles, not flat rate).
When I picked up my first new car, I flew from Cleveand to Detroit and picked up at a Dearborn dealer. Shipping was about $14.
If they think they can push people into an XLT by keeping cruise availability limited, they will do so. Some fear doing things to a new car that may void warranty. Others like having everything covered for the first few years, and others want to do things for them self. Their priorities will determine whether they throw FoMoCo a few more bucks to get a particular option. When I ordered, I though it would be a $500 for aftermarket, plus installation labor, so the XLT bump did not seem too much. Nice wheels, a fold-down armrest, and little trim stuff, plus cruise. Would I do it again? Nope. Buy some parts, flip some electronic bits, and off we go.
tom
Sponsored