2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've noticed in reading through several threads that there are a bunch of us Texans who have either ordered a Maverick or are about to. I thought it would be interesting if all Texans would list their location (city or town), the dealer they are working with, what build they have already ordered or have in mind, and anything else that might be interesting or helpful to fellow Texans. I think good dealer experience would be helpful to others as well as dealers you would not recommend. Not sure if this is allowed in the forum rules to talk bad about specific dealers but we'll soon find out!

I live in a golf course community known as Holly Lake Ranch. It is a very pretty place nestled in the Piney Woods of east Texas, roughly half way between Shreveport, LA. and Dallas, Texas. All the dealers around here are small, country mom and pop businesses. If you go to the "city" such as Longview or Tyler, there are a few bigger dealerships but I have found them to be no better than our more rural "locals". I ordered my Lariat from Texas Country Ford, Winnsboro, Tx. Once they got the hang of the Maverick ordering system they did very well and I have received confirmation from Ford that my order has been accepted. I have already recommended them to several forum members here in Texas looking to order a Maverick.

Another reason for my starting this thread is that I recall my early days at the Honda Ridgeline forum about 15 years ago where threads like this were started in various states. We Ridgeline owners would often get together for lunches and compare and show off our Ridgelines, mods and accessories. We all learned a great deal from each other. We would also go to car shows and do various other things as a group and the Ridgeline caravan was quite impressive. It was a good time and some of us even went on hunting trips together and shared other interests. Maybe something social like this can happen down the road with Texas Maverick owners. Anyway, Texas Mavericks is a cool name (not only for the basketball team) and deserves a thread of its own - so here it is Texas!!!
Central Texas around the Temple, Belton, Killeen area. Working with Johnson Bros. Ford near Belton. XLT scheduled for October build. No markups. $500 deposit. Nice staff.

Last edited:

AntPman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid XLT Velocity Blue 360 and tow hitch.
Live south of Houston. Working with McRee Ford, they said they would honor Xplan and no deposit. I ordered August 27th, I called Ford Friday and I have a VIN but no build date yet. I assume it's coming soon but not sure what it means to have a VIN.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buffalo Gap TX
Arrow Ford Abilene TX
Hybrid XLT Velocity Blue 360

Last edited:

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Odessa, TX
Sewell Ford ordered 10/11
Cactus Grey XLT Lux 2.5L Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am again going back to the State Fair of Texas tomorrow Thursday 10/14.

If anyone has some specific items on the Maverick that they would like pictures of or measurements on let me know.

One that I am doing is to measure the tailgate tie down bolt hole as I will need to replace the ones on the tailgate because I am installing the tailgate damper which requires those to be removed so I will order replacement tie-downs that won't interfere with the damper.

Hopefully these will fit:

CrocSee 4 Pack Truck Bed Tie Down Anchors

I also plan to take under the hood pictures as I didn't get them last time.

Last edited:

artwrangler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X3 | bronco black diamond 4dr on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same, but white. On the train for delivery.
sweet! how’d you find out it was on the train? mine’s supposedly en route but i’m not sure how to track it from here.

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm also in DFW. Yesterday I ordered a velocity blue XLT hybrid with lux pkg from 5 Star in Carrollton. No deposit required. Smooth process but they wouldn't go below MSRP. I received the confirmation email from Ford while driving home.

Edit: Also ordered moonroof and copilot 360 pkg.
Today I changed my order to a Lariat with Copilot 360, moon roof, 400W outlet, and trailer hitch receiver. I'm hoping not having the Lux package will eliminate a constraint that is potentially slowing things down. I'll just get the bed liner dealer installed or aftermarket.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mongo Loves the Long Horns

Ford Maverick The Texas Mavericks! MONGO4.PNG

First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia AWD Sportage
Ordered 8-12-2021 CG/XLT/Hybrid - Corpus Christi dealer.

I've had a Dodge Ram 1500 and an F150 back when I had rental properties to deal with. I'm looking forward to the trucklett.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
740 miles! WOW! I knew it was a long ways but I never actually looked up exactly how far. About once a year I get to El Paso, well, the airport anyway. I fly from Dallas to El Paso, rent a car there and drive to Ruidoso, NM where I visit some very good friends of mine for a week or so. 740 miles. Really? Sure gives you a sense of how big Texas really is.
Texas big? If you drive from the Texas-Lousianna state line to El Paso and then travel the same distance west through San Diego you can catch a fish 133 miles off shore!🐳

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sweet! how’d you find out it was on the train? mine’s supposedly en route but i’m not sure how to track it from here.
If you look at your window sticker, on the top it said "rail" (or something similar). Not sure if that will change when the truck is unloaded to the car haulers. Then, the "pizza tracker" showed shipped.
Sponsored