First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've noticed in reading through several threads that there are a bunch of us Texans who have either ordered a Maverick or are about to. I thought it would be interesting if all Texans would list their location (city or town), the dealer they are working with, what build they have already ordered or have in mind, and anything else that might be interesting or helpful to fellow Texans. I think good dealer experience would be helpful to others as well as dealers you would not recommend. Not sure if this is allowed in the forum rules to talk bad about specific dealers but we'll soon find out!

I live in a golf course community known as Holly Lake Ranch. It is a very pretty place nestled in the Piney Woods of east Texas, roughly half way between Shreveport, LA. and Dallas, Texas. All the dealers around here are small, country mom and pop businesses. If you go to the "city" such as Longview or Tyler, there are a few bigger dealerships but I have found them to be no better than our more rural "locals". I ordered my Lariat from Texas Country Ford, Winnsboro, Tx. Once they got the hang of the Maverick ordering system they did very well and I have received confirmation from Ford that my order has been accepted. I have already recommended them to several forum members here in Texas looking to order a Maverick.

Another reason for my starting this thread is that I recall my early days at the Honda Ridgeline forum about 15 years ago where threads like this were started in various states. We Ridgeline owners would often get together for lunches and compare and show off our Ridgelines, mods and accessories. We all learned a great deal from each other. We would also go to car shows and do various other things as a group and the Ridgeline caravan was quite impressive. It was a good time and some of us even went on hunting trips together and shared other interests. Maybe something social like this can happen down the road with Texas Maverick owners. Anyway, Texas Mavericks is a cool name (not only for the basketball team) and deserves a thread of its own - so here it is Texas!!!
Sponsored

Sponsored

DanK14

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Howdy from San Antonio. Prospective Maverick buyer but waiting on more details/specs/photos to come out as I also wait for the Bronco MY22 order banks to open. About to pay off my vehicle and am debating on getting into a Maverick while I wait for my Bronco order to be filled, although it would be nice to just keep my current vehicle and save up more money with no more car payments. Currently have a reservation with Granger in Iowa and one here in SA with Jordan Ford.

I had a 2007 Explorer Sport Trac and absolutely loved it. Provided the perfect amount of utility and driveability for a 95% City / Highway driver like myself. It was just the right size and ground clearance but unfortunately ran into transmission / engine problems and didn't have the money to fix it.

Looking as a potential new vehicle to fill my needs of hauling smaller loads of various things as well as the mpg for all my road trips.

Last edited:

kmartinkc

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
I'm in the north DFW area, put in my order at Five Star Ford in Dallas with a $500 deposit a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the XLT in Cactus Gray with the 2.0 Ecoboost, AWD, 4k tow package, FX4, and a couple of other bells and whistles. Figure the Maverick won't necessarily match up in the land of F150, Ram, Silverado, etc. but compared to something like a Civic that I was possibly going to get it will be pretty darn useful for my needs.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Howdy from El Paso. I'm working with Albert with Granger Motors. My lousy local dealer experience is recounted elsewhere. Originally ordered an XLT hybrid, but I'm in the process of upgrading that to Lariat hybrid... mainly for the additional tech. I'm replacing a '00 Tacoma - I believe I've gotten my money's worth out of that truck. It's only 740 miles from El Paso to Holly Lake. ;)

OP
OP

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Howdy from El Paso. I'm working with Albert with Granger Motors. My lousy local dealer experience is recounted elsewhere. Originally ordered an XLT hybrid, but I'm in the process of upgrading that to Lariat hybrid... mainly for the additional tech. I'm replacing a '00 Tacoma - I believe I've gotten my money's worth out of that truck. It's only 740 miles from El Paso to Holly Lake. ;)
740 miles! WOW! I knew it was a long ways but I never actually looked up exactly how far. About once a year I get to El Paso, well, the airport anyway. I fly from Dallas to El Paso, rent a car there and drive to Ruidoso, NM where I visit some very good friends of mine for a week or so. 740 miles. Really? Sure gives you a sense of how big Texas really is.

Sponsored

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
740 miles! WOW! I knew it was a long ways but I never actually looked up exactly how far. About once a year I get to El Paso, well, the airport anyway. I fly from Dallas to El Paso, rent a car there and drive to Ruidoso, NM where I visit some very good friends of mine for a week or so. 740 miles. Really? Sure gives you a sense of how big Texas really is.
Yup, I'm closer to San Diego. Ruidoso and Cloud Croft are good places to be during the summer.

OP
OP

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the statistics kept at the forum, it looks like Texas has now surpassed California as the leading state for Maverick buyers. It appears we have 14 Texas orders in for a Maverick build and that is more than anyone else. We are followed by California and then South Carolina. When it comes to trucks, Texas always leads and everyone else follows! Let's keep up the good work Texas!

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
I'm in Austin. Ordered my Shadow Black Lariat last Friday. Looking forward to getting it!

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
None of this is surprising. My brother was #3 guy at Toyota plant in San Antonio until VW lured him away. Got an insider plant tour once and saw a presentation that said 60% of the entire Toyota truck sales volume in the US are in the gulf region. I can believe it having been in San Antonio for 5 years. Lots and lot of trucks.

My local Ford dealer (NS Ford) has not reacted once to my Maverick reservation, so I ordered mine out of Selina Kansas (Long McArthur Ford) as they said that they will ship it for free unless it costs them > $1K.

I ordered the Lariat with a lot of bells an whistles, frankly because I'm married and the wife would need Dual Zone unless I wanted a divorce. Lol.
Sponsored