First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I have not received my vehicle yet but I am worried about my dealership. I ordered from College Station Ford back in June. They started with a $2,000 non-refundable deposit. I knew I wanted the vehicle so I went with it. Whenever I contact them for information they tell me they don't know and just to wait. Most recent I asked them for the Train Car letters and numbers from the DORA and they claimed they did not have access to this information. When I saw all of the other individuals on here telling stories of the price getting jacked I went in to get a signed price sheet. They told me "The state may increase the sales tax and other charges so they can not do a signed price sheet" but gave me a verbal out the door price. Now my vehicle is supposed to be in by the 19th so I contacted them again to come in and do all the paperwork and the email response I got was "No sir, we need to wait for the vehicle to show up and will do it at that time."
I hope things go smooth but will not be surprised if it doesn't.
Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
So I have not received my vehicle yet but I am worried about my dealership. I ordered from College Station Ford back in June. They started with a $2,000 non-refundable deposit. I knew I wanted the vehicle so I went with it. Whenever I contact them for information they tell me they don't know and just to wait. Most recent I asked them for the Train Car letters and numbers from the DORA and they claimed they did not have access to this information. When I saw all of the other individuals on here telling stories of the price getting jacked I went in to get a signed price sheet. They told me "The state may increase the sales tax and other charges so they can not do a signed price sheet" but gave me a verbal out the door price. Now my vehicle is supposed to be in by the 19th so I contacted them again to come in and do all the paperwork and the email response I got was "No sir, we need to wait for the vehicle to show up and will do it at that time."
Good luck. I would be skeptical. Let us know how it turns out.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m a skeptic but you could be alright. Nothing you can do but just be on your guard when you buy it.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
before you go and do the paperwork figure out the out the door price before you go like that you will have a ballpark figure to go by.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They told me "The state may increase the sales tax and other charges so they can not do a signed price sheet" but gave me a verbal out the door price. Now my vehicle is supposed to be in by the 19th so I contacted them again to come in and do all the paperwork and the email response I got was "No sir, we need to wait for the vehicle to show up and will do it at that time."
Please come back and report how it went.

I'm not sure when you had the "sales tax" conversation, but the idea that the state could increase sales tax between now and the 19th is pretty strange. When taxes are increased in my state there is always plenty of warning because people have to reprogram their cash registers and so forth.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RobA979

RobA979

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
before you go and do the paperwork figure out the out the door price before you go like that you will have a ballpark figure to go by.
Yes - I wrote down the Out the Door figure they had verbally told me so I will know if they are adding anything.

OP
OP
RobA979

RobA979

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I got a phone call this morning - my truck was in. The dealership surprised me by honoring the quoted price to the penny. Took a while but it was an easy transaction.
Also I am so happy I got the Alto Blue - It is beautiful!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
So I got a phone call this morning - my truck was in. The dealership surprised me by honoring the quoted price to the penny. Took a while but it was an easy transaction.
Also I am so happy I got the Alto Blue - It is beautiful!
Happy to hear you had a good experience with your dealership and that you were able to get the color you wanted! Thanks for the support. :)

OP
OP
RobA979

RobA979

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Trac
Engine