clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Switchified proof of concept. Don't ask me about it, this was pulled from the dark web and shared anonymously with me, likely from leaked classified CIA materials. I can't imagine how many patriots died to get access to this video. RIP 🙏

(click the video sound icon)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That fake engine sound is a mandated safety feature (just like the backup alarm) to alert the blind and if you happen to hit one (even if not your fault) with it disabled you could held solely) responsible for ALL their medical and legal. Your insurance company would have their way out of paying anything.
Yup, not to mention the victim's lawyer will have a field day with you in court on the civil side. Hello punitive damages.

And it's not just for blind people. Children and really any pedestrian or biker who doesn't happen to be looking right at your vehicle.

I think I've said it before and I'll say it again. Unless you have bat ears, the sound is almost inaudible in the cabin. It's selfish and dumb to try to disable it
Did you forget which sub-forum you were in? That's an American mandated safety feature, Canada is still working on making one

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-...ehicles-to-protect-vulnerable-road-users.html

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So many people quick to play mr. right all the time on here, they just don't read. lol. Like the dude telling me lariats come in hybrid. 🤦‍♂️
The Americans are just .... different. What's striking is how deathly afraid they are about being sued. If an accident occurred, common sense would dictate they would look at MANY other variables before even thinking about if the hybrid made noise or not.

Sponsored

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Americans are just .... different. What's striking is how deathly afraid they are about being sued. If an accident occurred, common sense would dictate they would look at MANY other variables before even thinking about if the hybrid made noise or not.
Don Henley “ maybe ole Billy was right, lets kill all the lawyers..killem` tonight”

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could buy an EB with "real" engine noise all the time. Of course, this forum would be of less interest to you because about 75 percent of the problems discussed seem to be Hybrid model related..... Sorry hybrid owners, just calling it as I see it. ;)
Ya because I love sounding like a 1990 Honda Civic with a fart can attached.........lol

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd prefer a module which allows you to add your own sounds- a repeating loop of the first few bars of "Tom Sawyer" would be epic LOL.

(Hi from down south of the 49th! :D )

Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could buy an EB with "real" engine noise all the time. Of course, this forum would be of less interest to you because about 75 percent of the problems discussed seem to be Hybrid model related..... Sorry hybrid owners, just calling it as I see it. ;)
I'm an eb owner, but only time will tell if it stays that way😜

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Never forget- 50 percent of all people have below average intelligence.

I would leave it on. What is the problem with it making a small noise when it goes forward for safety?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why did you think deaf people were a factor?
How does he know they are deaf? Are they wearing a "I am deaf" sandwich board? Maybe he can tell when they are reading lips. A thought = if someone is speaking a foreign language does the deaf person take a video of the lip movement and the cell phone translates it and shows it on the screen?

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Switchified proof of concept. Don't ask me about it, this was pulled from the dark web and shared anonymously with me, likely from leaked classified CIA materials. I can't imagine how many patriots died to get access to this video. RIP 🙏

(click the video sound icon)
Wile E. Coyote pure genius

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any decent attorney would ask the maverick driver to prove his backup beeper was working and to prove it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.