mata

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat/Lux only selectable options for seat/steering wheel is auto/off- Neither works even when seats and wheel are selected on before previous shut off- Its making us push the start button when in the rig before it activates- Ok scratching a bald head at this point but does this have anything to do with how they re/programmed the builds HVAC's when they removed the dual zone climate read-out buttons ? Its cold out now and I would like to solve this mystery-
Exactly as you described. With all the snow outside, this is more of a problem now. Please fix this, Ford. It really sounds like a software issue.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1st world problems, SMH

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly as you described. With all the snow outside, this is more of a problem now. Please fix this, Ford. It really sounds like a software issue.
My dealers shop/foreman is a demi/god- Let me get him on this -

Last edited:

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an oil change comin gup next week. I am going to ask about it. I also found out this morning that my adaptive cruise control wont work if one of the sensors has snow on it.
Lol obviously 😂 how do you expect it to adapt without sensors. Its not magic. Do your eyes work with blindfolds on?

Sponsored

Gardnetm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
UtahMavericks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux 2.0 EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the exact same issue. I guess it's at least helping me save on gas this winter. No point in remote start without being able to heat the seats.

Brianc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford escape
Let me clarify what I meant to say. I was surprised that the ACC quit working when the sensor in the front of the grill had a small amount of snow on it. I guess I thought there were multiple sensors that would overlap to make up for partial obstructions . the bottom 3rd had some snow on it but it didn't look like it was covered that much.

On the steering wheel topic, when I was getting my oil changed I discussed it with one of the service managers. He has the exact same lariat as I do and he asked me about my steering wheel before I even brought it up. He said his would turn off after about 20 minutes and wouldnt get very warm even when it did work. He had the steering wheel switched out and something adjusted which made it work for a while but then back to tepid again. He said I should make an appointment to have it looked at and maybe if enough people complain about it that Ford might do something about it.

He also got the hood scoop and spoilers and I have to say they really looked nice!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. I'll have to experiment whenever mine shows up. My Escape will warm both with remote start. Not toasty, but enough to give it a running start.

That said, even from a cold start, both get warm very quickly. But I consider cold to be <50° so...

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Questions for those reporting the seat doesn't heat when remote starting..

1. Is your climate control in manual fan speed or auto?

2. If you have the remote start on the key fob does this behave exactly the same when using the fob as it does with the Fordpass app? If you have both but only use one, try the other please before responding.

3. Is your truck parked in bright sun where it might think the temp is over 50F or the temperature is actually over 50F?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have the exact same issue. I guess it's at least helping me save on gas this winter. No point in remote start without being able to heat the seats.
Hi there! Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I'd like to look into things on my end.

Sponsored

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same issue as well. When I auto start the car and turn on the engine with my key, the heated seats & steering wheel will come on.

I have set heated seats & steering wheel to auto on. Does the fan have to be on or set to auto for the heated seats & steering wheel to come on when auto starting the car with you fob or app?

beckerroth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For what it is worth. After I remote start my Hybrid Maverick, the seats and steering wheel heat up just fine, but the lights do not light up until after I enter the truck and turn the key on. Make sense?

Gardnetm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
UtahMavericks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux 2.0 EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For what it is worth. After I remote start my Hybrid Maverick, the seats and steering wheel heat up just fine, but the lights do not light up until after I enter the truck and turn the key on. Make sense?
You know, I thought that might be the case with mine, so I tried letting it run via remote start for 10 min or so one day, but when I got in, the fan was still not on and the seats were still not hot. Maybe it's just an EcoBoost quirk?

OP
OP

mata

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Questions for those reporting the seat doesn't heat when remote starting..

1. Is your climate control in manual fan speed or auto?

2. If you have the remote start on the key fob does this behave exactly the same when using the fob as it does with the Fordpass app? If you have both but only use one, try the other please before responding.

3. Is your truck parked in bright sun where it might think the temp is over 50F or the temperature is actually over 50F?
1. Climate control is on auto.
2. Try both the key fob and app, the same.
2. I live in Canada, so I am pretty sure it's below zero celsius.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. Climate control is on auto.
2. Try both the key fob and app, the same.
2. I live in Canada, so I am pretty sure it's below zero celsius.
So for those that have the Lariat with Sync 3- When remote started do the HVAC and Steering wheel+seats heat icons illuminate ?

I just spent 15 minutes and this thing is 100 percent bored on any setting- 1 time it seemed to blow air but only 1 out of 4- seats/wheel zero/nada/zilch with any setting and its 30F outside.

Looks like the dealer will be getting a visit soon- yay free popcorn and soda :)

Silly question for any of this remote HVAC to work does the knob setting on the actual temp/fan controls need to be set to AUTO ?
Sponsored

Last edited: