Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just installed the anchor on mine...works great. Of course it came in a package of 5. Don't know what to do with the other 4...maybe someone else would like 1 (or more)...
Sponsored

OP
OP
FriarPop

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just installed the anchor on mine...works great. Of course it came in a package of 5. Don't know what to do with the other 4...maybe someone else would like 1 (or more)...
Thats awesome! I'm glad you like it also, its working awesome for mine. I thought about adding 2 of them as additional bed anchors in some of the predrilled holes, but figure just put them in a baggy and threw them down in my beds side cubby hole for a rainy day, yea 5 seems like an odd number instead of 2 or 4.

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my assist and have been looking for an option since the guy on here making them isn’t anymore. I might be interested in a couple.

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've owned trucks for like 10+ years and never let one slam down.....what is going on with yall? If you think the maverick needs an "assit" then I dunno what you would want on a older super duty lol hydraulic jack maybe?
Is this some testament to your manliness? I don't drop my tailgate either. The assist is nice so someone doesn't open it and drop it. My 10 year old niece recently opened mine before I could tell her to be careful and nearly dropped it on herself. Damper would've prevented her getting surprised. So I bought one.

Why do people feel the need to make a big deal out of it and put others down? It's a tailgate assist. If you're such a man you haven't dropped one in 47 years, cool. Don't buy one. Otherwise live and let live.

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally agree. All my mods are practical and performance improvements. The truck is there to serve me, not the other way around.
Wth does this even mean? If you buy a tailgate assist you serve the truck? Is this an old truck dude saying I don't know?

A tailgate assist is 100% a practical addition. If you have children opening it. People unfamiliar with tailgates. The list goes on.

What you mean to say is "I don't want one. Others can totally get one. That's fine. I live my life. What others do isn't my business."

😎

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this some testament to your manliness? I don't drop my tailgate either. The assist is nice so someone doesn't open it and drop it. My 10 year old niece recently opened mine before I could tell her to be careful and nearly dropped it on herself. Damper would've prevented her getting surprised. So I bought one.

Why do people feel the need to make a big deal out of it and put others down? It's a tailgate assist. If you're such a man you haven't dropped one in 47 years, cool. Don't buy one. Otherwise live and let live.
No it's not a testament to anything, it's just devils advocate that this vehicle "needs" an assist. The logic of kids opening and being a safety concern can make some sense but again it's a stupidly light tailgate in comparison to most others.

OP
OP
FriarPop

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No it's not a testament to anything, it's just devils advocate that this vehicle "needs" an assist. The logic of kids opening and being a safety concern can make some sense but again it's a stupidly light tailgate in comparison to most others.
nobody needs seatbelts either lol, but they sure are nice.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
nobody needs seatbelts either lol, but they sure are nice.
There is quantifiable data backing up seatbelts saving lives in traffic accidents and are federally mandated. A tail gate strut has neither of those things.

OP
OP
FriarPop

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There is quantifiable data backing up seatbelts saving lives in traffic accidents and are federally mandated. A tail gate strut has neither of those things.
I think you are missing the point and being a bit edgy but its sort of funny since you drive a lariat with all sorts of options that you dont "need".

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you are missing the point and being a bit edgy but its sort of funny since you drive a lariat with all sorts of options that you dont "need".
I mean I get your sentiment and sarcasm aside, some people really think it's "need" which throws me off. Personally if it came with it stock or there was a solution for one that retains the oem mount/bottle opener I'm all for it.

Some features on my truck I'm indifferent to. A tailgate strut is/would be one of those.

Sponsored

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Well put

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is the primary reason so many people install the tailgate assist strut upside down because the Ford website showed it installed incorrectly ? I do like the D ring anchor hooks, though.
now I wonder if I have mine on upside down?

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don806