Sponsored

Possible tie down solution for tailgate assist?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The one I did make was a pain in the butt to make. I copied it off somebody else's on this site that were made out of stainless steel. I appreciate the offer, but I dont have the extra time to make them.
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here is the picture

PXL_20220207_152122452.MP.jpg
Simple and to the point, and you already have the part anyways. This is what I will do so I can retain a tie-down point on the bed. Don't care for the bottle opener function anyways.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Simple and to the point, and you already have the part anyways. This is what I will do so I can retain a tie-down point on the bed. Don't care for the bottle opener function anyways.
Theres a reason that bracket ties in at the side of the tailgate as well as the top. If you try to cinch down a heavy load with a ratchet tie down it will lever over that half tie down and bow in the sheetmetal at that one screw. The tiedown is designed for 2 mount screws for a reason.

Iron Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid - 2019 HD Road Glide
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Theres a reason that bracket ties in at the side of the tailgate as well as the top. If you try to cinch down a heavy load with a ratchet tie down it will lever over that half tie down and bow in the sheetmetal at that one screw. The tiedown is designed for 2 mount screws for a reason.
Thanks Matt, I understand. I would think one of these aftermarket companies would see your design and fabricate something similar. It is the only real solution, with a solid two point connection.