Sponsored

Switched order from Hybrid to Ecoboost this morning. How long for scheduling?

OP
OP
Cgottlob

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would've held on to the hybrid. Going from a Hybrid to Ecoboost, is like going from high-end caviar to gas station sushi.

Best of luck...
I do mostly highway driving, so at the end of the day the mileage difference won't be all that big. Also I was a bit deterred with all the issues people are posting about the hybrids on here.
Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got tired of waiting for my Maverick like the rest of us, and came to the dark side and made the switch to EcoBoost this morning in hopes of getting scheduled quicker.

I was hoping to hear from others that made the switch on how fast (or not fast) you got scheduled after switching over.
I had my sales guy put in 2 orders for a Hybrid (XL & XLT). I was out of the country when the order banks opened & closed, So my orders did not get placed till 9/19. After the Dec notice (about switching to EB) I sat firm on Hybrid. Then on Jan 17 I switched the XL to AWD EB (glad I did). Then dropped the Hitch & SIB/6 D-Link about 2 weeks ago to make it with no options. Got scheduled yesterday for a 5/15 build week. Thank You "Ford Gods"! (Our Cadillac SRX got totaled a few weeks back). I can hold out for the next 3ish months to get the EB (Mid Summer). I see all the people that got scheduled have a ton of options (even constraint options) and still made the cut. I cannot tell you what to do, but making the switch worked for me, plus I still have a Hybrid XLT on order.
Best of Luck to all and Keep the Faith! It will happen for you.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would've held on to the hybrid. Going from a Hybrid to Ecoboost, is like going from high-end caviar to gas station sushi.

Best of luck...
I love my EB, yea I get less mpg in town but I don’t drive but maybe 20% in town so not loosing a lot as I’m getting mid 30s on highway.

Ford Maverick Switched order from Hybrid to Ecoboost this morning. How long for scheduling? 2E993C1C-2258-49DA-8066-E5DD7DE5321C

GAP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got tired of waiting for my Maverick like the rest of us, and came to the dark side and made the switch to EcoBoost this morning in hopes of getting scheduled quicker.

I was hoping to hear from others that made the switch on how fast (or not fast) you got scheduled after switching over.
Three month and still waiting . Good luck.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do mostly highway driving, so at the end of the day the mileage difference won't be all that big. Also I was a bit deterred with all the issues people are posting about the hybrids on here.
I totally understand, Chris. In the end, you have to do what is best for you, and only you. Again, good luck and hope you get good news soon.

Sponsored

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my EB, yea I get less mpg in town but I don’t drive but maybe 20% in town so not loosing a lot as I’m getting mid 30s on highway.

2E993C1C-2258-49DA-8066-E5DD7DE5321C.jpeg
That's awesome. No need to explain my friend. I was being a bit sarcastic. 😄

OP
OP
Cgottlob

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I totally understand, Chris. In the end, you have to do what is best for you, and only you. Again, good luck and hope you get good news soon.
Could mean nothing, but when I was at the dealership back in September, my salesman flipped over his screen to me to show me my order, and in the process I saw he had a about 20 Mav orders in the system at the time and only 2 of them were EcoBoosts, so my birdbrain thinks if that trend continued I should have my EcoBoost in no time lol

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I switch to EB at rollover 9/19 and was scheduled Dec 9. Little less than 3 months.

But they might be running shorter on retail EB orders, so you may be quicker. But thats a guess on my part.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with others that it is probably more about allocation. Local small dealer in my town had 10 or 11 orders, most of which were hybrid, and he has had ONE with a build date and it was an EB. Other order was from larger dealer for my Lariat Hybrid and it was just hours from Dallas area railyard two days ago. That dealer took 300 orders and getting a lot of them built.

OP
OP
Cgottlob

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should be price protected from the price increase that happened early 2023 for your order assuming your dealer did the right thing and submitted a COVP for your order.

Update on this, I asked about the price protection and was just told oh well, the price changes to the current prices when you update your order. Not sure how to tell if my dealer submitted a COVP but he did take my ID and everything.[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well one thing for sure if you have a ecoboost order It will get built this year. They took about 35 K ecoboost orders if I remember correctly for 2023 model. They can build about double that so for sure it gets done this 2023 model year. Its us Hybrid orders that get screwed. I will be ready to place an new 2024 order whenever the order banks open up again for the 2024. Oh the joy I get to order again!! I bet for at least a grand more meaning I have to drop down a level to a XL.

To think there was a dealer near me that had a xlt ecoboost and was asking 3 grand over msrp. Now that doesn't sound to bad after all. Had it been a hybrid it would have been a great deal. Go figure.

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer said SIBL is the biggest holdup for the orders they are still waiting on... which I was shocked by; I assumed it was hybrid engine at this point... but that's what they said.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer said SIBL is the biggest holdup for the orders they are still waiting on... which I was shocked by; I assumed it was hybrid engine at this point... but that's what they said.
My dealer told me the same thing about the SIBL. We left the SIBL off of my wife's new MY2023 Hybrid XLT order and it was scheduled yesterday. My dealer has been right a lot.

I just can't believe that Ford can't get the materials and labor to add the SIBL, but our local body shop here at the bitter end of the supply chain CAN install a SIBL any old time you want one, and for less than Ford charges. When I say the bitter end of the supply chain, I mean we are 10 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and the next body shop east of us is in freakin Portugal. The bridge/tunnel to the rest of Virginia was closed to tractor trailer trucks on Monday and Tuesday of this week due to gale force winds. But we have SIBL and Ford doesn't. It bogles the mind.

robhooper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sept. 19, 2022 order for EB XL w/AWD and 4K tow. Due for my fourth "so sorry" email this weekend. Hope your switch works out for you, seems Ford couldn't care less.

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I did the same thing back on December 20th. I was scheduled 3 weeks later. I do suggest you try to get the lowest priority you possibly can. I moved from a 19 to a 10 and I think that truly helped. hope that helps! Good luck!
Sponsored