Sponsored

Switched order from Hybrid to Ecoboost this morning. How long for scheduling?

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I need to switch my EcoBoost to a hybrid and the switch it back to EcoBoost. Maybe that will give my order a "boost". :LOL:

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
{snip}
After reading this forum for a year and the ordering scheduling woes, I've come to one conclusion. It's all a crapshoot.
This bears repeating.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For all the folks switching, keep in mind that it reset your order date to the date of the change. If your dealership has all the orders at the same priority code, you put yourself to the back of the line, assuming Ford looks first at priority code, then at order date, then at if they can build it.

Now....switching to EcoBoost from Hybrid does help with that "if they can build it" factor of course.....but if it helps enough to balance out being bumped to the "newest" order, that is something you have to weigh for yourself.

LongLivePeart2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The average Hybrid wait should be improved by switching to EB. The impact to OP specifically** ā€¦ +1 on ā€˜crapshootā€™

**without allocation and queue length info the dealer can but isnā€™t sharing. Then thereā€™s constraints, priorities, order date, tidal fluctuations, seasonal allergies, I need a drinkā€¦

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cgottlob

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For all the folks switching, keep in mind that it reset your order date to the date of the change. If your dealership has all the orders at the same priority code, you put yourself to the back of the line, assuming Ford looks first at priority code, then at order date, then at if they can build it.

Now....switching to EcoBoost from Hybrid does help with that "if they can build it" factor of course.....but if it helps enough to balance out being bumped to the "newest" order, that is something you have to weigh for yourself.
I did think of this when making the switch. I saw enough people on here say they switched and got scheduled soon after to think your order date/time might not matter as much as your build and what options you do or don't have.

Again like with what everyone's saying, it's all a crapshoot and I can at the least say I've guaranteed I'll get a Maverick at some point this year by making the switch. I think....

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes the MSRP increase did happened when I switched. Kind of wish I was warned about that, but with the Z plan it didn't effect the final price a ton luckily.
You should be price protected from the price increase that happened early 2023 for your order assuming your dealer did the right thing and submitted a COVP for your order.

I don't think this is true at all. Changing your order should not change the time of which your original order was placed within the WBDO system. Ask for your WBDO build sheet after changing your order, it should still reflect the original time of order which should be in September 2022.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think this is true at all. Changing your order should not change the time of which your original order was placed within the WBDO system. Ask for your WBDO build sheet after changing your order, it should still reflect the original time of order which should be in September 2022.
Changing your body code certainly does reset the order date. Ask anyone who switched to a Tremor after ordering either an EcoBoost or a Hybrid in September. Even going from EcoBoost to Tremor resets the order date.

According to the master, FordVideoGuy. Unless I am wayyyyyy mis-remembering.

Edit: Not mis-remembering. I have seen a spreadsheet that includes Maverick "order dates" of 12/14/22, 11/7/22, and 10/4/22. Not from Canada. Haha.

Last edited:

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe I need to switch my EcoBoost to a hybrid and the switch it back to EcoBoost. Maybe that will give my order a "boost". :LOL:
If you live in Arkansas I know where there is a 23 hybrid. Itā€™s used about 250 miles on odometer. Black, XLT lux with spray in and copilot 360. I think theyā€™re asking $36,250 which is $7k over MSRP. Meadows ford in Mountain View Arkansas meadowsford.com if youā€™re interested ask for Matt I bought my 22 AWD from him heā€™s great.

OP
OP
Cgottlob

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Changing your body code certainly does reset the order date. Ask anyone who switched to a Tremor after ordering either an EcoBoost or a Hybrid in September. Even going from EcoBoost to Tremor resets the order date.

My new order sheet still says the order date is 9/16/22, but who knows honestly if it set me back or not.

Sponsored

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Changing anything will change the order date, but does not kick you out of line. I'm a shining example - original order was Nov 1, 2021, rolled over, no luck, then on March 1st (2+ weeks ago) I decided to upgrade the order from XLT to Lariat (both hybrid). Got scheduled yesterday. On the scheduling page it shows order date of March 1, 2023.

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I switched from hybrid to ecoboost about 3 months ago. I don't see where it has helped at all. Still not scheduled and not previewed. Ford just says order is unscheduled clean. At least you do have a better chance of getting a truck this year.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got tired of waiting for my Maverick like the rest of us, and came to the dark side and made the switch to EcoBoost this morning in hopes of getting scheduled quicker.

I was hoping to hear from others that made the switch on how fast (or not fast) you got scheduled after switching over.
I would've held on to the hybrid. Going from a Hybrid to Ecoboost, is like going from high-end caviar to gas station sushi.

Best of luck...

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Changing anything will change the order date, but does not kick you out of line. I'm a shining example - original order was Nov 1, 2021, rolled over, no luck, then on March 1st (2+ weeks ago) I decided to upgrade the order from XLT to Lariat (both hybrid). Got scheduled yesterday. On the scheduling page it shows order date of March 1, 2023.
Super happy for you! I know FordVideoGuy was not certain if it would matter or not, and even mentioned he was going to keep an eye on the ones that got reset to see if it seemed to impact when they got selected. With as many orders as he has, it is easy for him to have comparison builds that only differ in the "order date". All other specs the same other than date.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Super happy for you! I know FordVideoGuy was not certain if it would matter or not, and even mentioned he was going to keep an eye on the ones that got reset to see if it seemed to impact when they got selected. With as many orders as he has, it is easy for him to have comparison builds that only differ in the "order date". All other specs the same other than date.
I figured it was worth a shot to see if even anecdotally it kicked something into gear. No way to know, most likely would have been scheduled anyway since it had been FIVE HUNDRED DAYS since original order, but I'll stick with patting myself on the back for a smart, creative move. Yeah.
Sponsored