Sponsored

Switched order from Hybrid to Ecoboost this morning. How long for scheduling?

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got tired of waiting for my Maverick like the rest of us, and came to the dark side and made the switch to EcoBoost this morning in hopes of getting scheduled quicker.

I was hoping to hear from others that made the switch on how fast (or not fast) you got scheduled after switching over.
You did not increase your chances of it being built soon. You increased your chances of it being built.
Sponsored

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I’ll be the first to admit that in my case driving a hybrid is not going to save me all that much gas money vrs a EB.
Nobody will save all that much gas money vs an EB. If gas is $3.40/gal, hybrid will save less than $2,000 over 100,000 miles.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobody will save all that much gas money vs an EB. If gas is $3.40/gal, hybrid will save less than $2,000 over 100,000 miles.
That will only take me 20 years 🤪

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think this is true at all. Changing your order should not change the time of which your original order was placed within the WBDO system. Ask for your WBDO build sheet after changing your order, it should still reflect the original time of order which should be in September 2022.
It does… I originally ordered my maverick 9/16. And in the tracker it shows the date I switched to EB. This biggest factor, as stated before, is the priority #. That is what really makes a difference.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You did not increase your chances of it being built soon. You increased your chances of it being built.
Correct.

Sponsored

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This biggest factor, as stated before, is the priority #. That is what really makes a difference.
The biggest factor is if the dealer has enough allocations. Priority code is only an advantage over other similar builds at the same dealer that have lower priority (higher number), and even then sometimes a 19 will be scheduled ahead of a nearly identical build 10 at the same dealer. Have a hitch on the week they are running low on hitch harnesses? You might get passed by a lower priority order without a hitch. Have an XL? You might get passed by a lower priority Lariat if they feel like making more Lariats that week.

And it makes zero difference if the dealer places every order at 19, or every order at 10. A 10 at dealer A is no better off than a 19 at dealer B, everything else being equal. I ordered two Mavericks in Sept 2022 and both were priority code 19, and both were delivered last month.

Bottom line, priority code is not a huge factor. It's not nothing, but hardly the biggest factor.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The biggest factor is if the dealer has enough allocations. Priority code is only an advantage over other similar builds at the same dealer that have lower priority (higher number), and even then sometimes a 19 will be scheduled ahead of a nearly identical build 10 at the same dealer. Have a hitch on the week they are running low on hitch harnesses? You might get passed by a lower priority order without a hitch. Have an XL? You might get passed by a lower priority Lariat if they feel like making more Lariats that week.

And it makes zero difference if the dealer places every order at 19, or every order at 10. A 10 at dealer A is no better off than a 19 at dealer B, everything else being equal. I ordered two Mavericks in Sept 2022 and both were priority code 19, and both were delivered last month.

Bottom line, priority code is not a huge factor. It's not nothing, but hardly the biggest factor.
Yes a big part of this mess could have been avoided if Ford had given each dealer a specific number of allocations and told them how many they have.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes a big part of this mess could have been avoided if Ford had given each dealer a specific number of allocations and told them how many they have.
I read a lot of comments here that imho go waaay overboard in criticizing Ford and the Maverick situation. A lot of them are just mind blowingly ignorant. But I concur 100% that not telling dealers their allocation numbers prior to opening order banks was so, so, so dumb. Other bad things they did, I can at least see how or why or what may have led to that. But this one just seems like a very significant unforced error that kind of put both dealers and buyers alike in a bit of a tough spot.

It is no secret that there are currently many (MANY) dealers out there with more orders than allocations. And not that dealers would necessarily be honest with order holders if they could be, but that is moot because they simply can't because they do not know which of their orders will not get built. That situation is going to cause a lot of problems between dealers and customers, and it was as far as I can tell, completely avoidable. If Ford told allocations before opening order banks, then at least the dealers could have limited their order taking to align with their allocation numbers.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have said it before the whole allocation thing is %^&cked up. I have heard many excuses why dealers could not have been given at least a rough number of allocations so they new about how many orders to place. Why Ford allowed 35 K plus orders they new they couldn't be built to have been allowed to happen seems just wrong and unnecessary. . I tell you if toyota now came out with an equivalent truck at about the same price I would jump just because Ford has pissed me off so much. (Yea I know best we can hope for a toyota is 2025.).
Sponsored