First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 25,000 miles in my XL hybrid Maverick, I have learned to shift to neutral in the rare occurence that I actually have to come to a full and complete stop, open the drivers door and engage my shoe sole with the dirt. Usually, I interpret the acronym STOP to be Slow, Then Onward Proceed. This patch will definitely help out the hole in my soul.
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tonight I had to crawl through a steep downgrade parking garage after the theater let out. The downgrade in bumper to bumper traffic at that 3 mph was down right horrific. I was talking to my wife about the show we just saw and didn't think to do that downslope in Neutral. Next time I will use N so regen and probably ABS is out of the equation.

The truck was absolutely schizophrenic. It couldn't decide what to do-pads or regen or abs. Was ugly. Worst ever.

slooose42

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 5.7 4wheel drive
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our experience is similar to everybody else. Yesterday it happened when I was pulling into my garage, at like 3mph. The last time I recall it happening was at least a month ago. Not a huge issue, but it's annoying when it occurs. Hopefully it gets figured out soon so we can get all the recalls/updates taken care of when we take it to the dealership for the first oil change (on FordPass points).
darn it anyway........I didn't have that issue with the grabbing brakes until I read it on the forum

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've started braking like I have hydraulic brakes and the final application of the brakes has way less jerking or grabbing. I also feeds my MPG obsession so the win-win technique will continue until quick and harsh braking to avoid near misses and related activities of other motorists becomes necessary.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But I was told by a large number of keyboard warriors that I don't know how to drive a hybrid. How can Ford being fixing an issue that doesn't exist? /s Anyways, this is great, the braking issue was really my only gripe after having mine for 6 months. Getting this and all the recalls scheduled will be the fun part.
Squeaky wheel gets the Brake issues recall! top of the list from my dealer Because I have taken the time to reach out to my service manager to and nag him till he said yes you'll be the 1st one to get the call when the software patch is Available. Don't be rude be polite but be persistent Otherwise you'll be at the back of the line and in my case I guess I'm very unhappy with this breaking issue other than that I love my Maverick

Sponsored

Brandon_TX6

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Squeaky wheel gets the Brake issues recall! top of the list from my dealer Because I have taken the time to reach out to my service manager to and nag him till he said yes you'll be the 1st one to get the call when the software patch is Available. Don't be rude be polite but be persistent Otherwise you'll be at the back of the line and in my case I guess I'm very unhappy with this breaking issue other than that I love my Maverick
I'm taking it in for the fire recall Monday for its first service. Will be asking then.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm taking it in for the fire recall Monday for its first service. Will be asking then.
That's the 1st one off my checklist they take out the bottom 4 row of the shutters And drill some holes in the shield underneath the engine, Still waiting on the air bag recall has parts or scarce

Brandon_TX6

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the 1st one off my checklist they take out the bottom 4 row of the shutters And drill some holes in the shield underneath the engine, Still waiting on the air bag recall has parts or scarce
Yes, I scheduled it back in August. FYI for anyone in Austin, Mac Haik Ford is 3 months out for recall scheduling.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's the 1st one off my checklist they take out the bottom 4 row of the shutters And drill some holes in the shield underneath the engine
Huh?

My July build came from the factory with one shutter missing from the middle and one missing from the bottom.

Sponsored

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve got 16k on mine and have had this issue since day 1. Pretty much exactly like others describe…kept meaning to check j to it but never did. Glad to see they might have a fix soon. It’s never been horrible, but is embarrassing when you have passengers and it does it.

VBMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theveteranscheck.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevy Sonic; 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this out yet?
Apparently not. I had my Mav in for this brake issue today and they "couldn't duplicate the problem and there is no recall or TSB for it". At least they adjusted my headlights as I asked.
I hope we will be notified of the fix when it is released.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally!!! It's quite the adventure when I slow down to park in my garage. Too light of pressure, I tap the cabinet with the license plate holder. Too much pressure and I' give everyone whiplash and/or auto brake hold takes over. Then I have to disable the auto brake hold to creep forward enough to clear the garage door.
Try pushing the "L" button. It changes things some. Who knows but my brakes don't seem to grab as much even in standard or econ as often. Could be other things of course

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone else have a dealer who has never heard of anything? Such as, how to do price protection, or what x-plan really means on your invoice, or any idea what invoice is on your vehicle, or the service folks never received an SSM whatever or Oasis about braking issues? Cause if they do, please have them offer an in-service to Mac Haik Georgetown, TX!
Sponsored