Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe the grille is a placeholder to distract viewership... we can only hope.
Actually, I think we have it all wrong.. The Lincoln Blackwood lives on...
Sponsored

TORQUERULES

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing about that says ST to me. I don't see a ST coming with 4k towing. I would thing an ST would ride a bit lower too. Only thing that really looks different is the grill and info screen.
It is an upcoming appearance package. Maybe ST-Line, or Lobo, or something else with similar naming as to what F-150s use for different packages over the years. Heck, it may even be a Maverick Grabber.

It is not a high-performance model. I do not think Ford is interested in anything high performance for trucks besides Raptor or Tremor (which have no special engines).

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing about that says ST to me. I don't see a ST coming with 4k towing. I would thing an ST would ride a bit lower too. Only thing that really looks different is the grill and info screen.
I wouldn't look too much into the appearance. They often put different size tires on them, random wheels, tons of sensors and remove/add random other body panels as well. It's just the testing phase.

Sponsored

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully the dash is unchanged enough so that the infotainment screen can be retrofitted into older trucks

also liking the placement of the radar cruise thingy…. Looks terrible in currently Lariats
I wonder if that can be moved without too much trouble
I would definitely take the lower valance and retrofit it to my 22 if possible. Definitely look better lower.
grill is a decoy. has to be.
That grille as absolutely terrible, I really hope that it's a decoy. It looks nothing like the current offerings on the Ranger/F150. Definitely has Lincoln MKT vibes
Ford Maverick Spied: Maverick Refresh Lobo ST Street Truck Reveals New Vertical Grille Design & 13" Infotainment Screen 2009-160336-2010-lincoln-mkt1

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Uh oh... it gets worse...

I spy HVAC buttons on the screen. And they don't look like panel buttons either, they look to be part of the digital display.

I'll personally never buy a vehicle that does that.

No straight-forward climate control... 😁
If thats the case, then just make it voice-activated...;)
Otherwise, you have to scroll down menus...

Jerry

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to get o bit off topic, but another set of interesting spy photos was taken this week. Of a Kia Maverick competitor BEV small truck testing in the USA. Very curious about that. Maybe it'll light a fire under Ford's new small BEV truck effort?I should add that I'm not sure this is Maverick-size. It might be Ranger-size.

Back on topic. Hoping the new big screen keeps the physical controls. Ford is pretty good about reading customers, so I'm optimistic.

https://thekoreancarblog.com/2024/05/01/first-ever-kia-ev-pickup-spied-in-california/

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No straight-forward climate control... 😁
If thats the case, then just make it voice-activated...;)
Otherwise, you have to scroll down menus...

Jerry
"ALEXA!"

It's just so awful and it's nothing new either. Countless YT "enthusiasts" and reviewers have gone over it so many times. It's janky and disorienting trying to switch these things while driving vs. a static button that is easily located and pressed, and if you hit a bump, it's not the end of the world trying to disable whatever random on screen button you accidentally hit.

I fear this is just a result of cost cutting. Physical controls cost money to make and it's easier to just throw it all in some crappy screen.

I can't say I have much interest in future models outside of AWD Hybrid potential, but doing this is enough to deter me entirely. I wouldn't care if it got 50+ MPG and was AWD. I wouldn't buy it.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would have thought the ST would sit a bit lower... that they'd loose the rake and have the bed set down a bit more. This test mule can't be final configuration. Well definitely not as there is something odd going on with the 7, 5 and 4 pin trailer connectors out back...
Big assumption to even say ST. There has been only speculation about this being an ST. Most likely it's not.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We just got our first look at a revealing new Maverick Lobo performance street truck prototype showing off a completely new grille design with a clean vertical slat arrangement in addition to a new infotainment screen interior upgrade.

All New Grille Design Finally Shows Itself
These shots not only show us what promises to be a new Maverick trim, it gives us our first uncovered look at its new grille design—our first such look at one of the updated Maverick prototypes. With the camo mesh removed from the grille-opening, we see a completely new take on the face of the Maverick. From this test truck, it appears that the new street truck will have the Ford oval floating amid a sea vertical grille slats that bend forward at the bottom, reaching out to its revised front bumper. It’s a complete departure from anything currently available in the Maverick lineup.

We know this is the new street truck trim- rumored to be called Lobo, based on Ford trademark filings—thanks to its new, larger wheel-and-tire package. Instead of the 18-inch wheels that top the current Maverick range, this new model gets a chunky new design, sized at 19-inches—wrapped by 225/55R19 Goodyear Wrangler Territory HT tires. Whether this street truck—which could also conceivably get an ST designation—gets more power, is currently unknown.

13.2-inch Infotainment Screen
We also have the only look at the key element of the Maverick’s revised interior design: It’s new-and-improved infotainment screen. It looks like the Maverick will be getting the same screen upgrade that’s coming on the similarly facelifted Bronco Sport—the 13.2-inch landscape-oriented screen that’s also found in the base Mustang and the upper-level trims of the Ford Escape. It’s a big step up from the humble eight-inch screen that currently resides in all Mavericks—regardless of the trim level.

The Maverick looks slated to get a thorough going-over, in order to keep it atop the compact pickup market. Currently the Hyundai Santa Cruz is its only competition, but there are rumblings that Toyota has eyes on the burgeoning segment—with evidence of benchmark tests of the Ford and Hyundai. With that in mind, Ford is smart to keep the hammer down to keep a strong hold on the top spot.

2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-1.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-2.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-3.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-4.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-5.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-6.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-7.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-8.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-9.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-10.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-15.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-16.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-13.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-14.jpg

2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-11.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-12.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-18.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-20.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-17.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-19.jpg

2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-21.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-22.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-23.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-24.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-25.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-26.jpg
2025-maverick-lobo-st-street-truck-veritical-grille-larger-infotainment-screen-27.jpg
Why a 13-inch screen? Are we driving a truck or watching TV?

I am not a truck guy, so my opinion is probably worth squat. I don't care about the grille, as long as it is functional enough to protect the radiator while letting in sufficient cooling air. I don't particularly like the "rake" of the truck, but maybe trucks are supposed to look like this.

Your photos do remind me of something. I have always had good luck with bras on my cars, so I am hoping that someone aftermarket will design a bra for my Maverick.

Overall, I wish Ford would spend less time with these unnecessary cosmetic changes, and spend more time addressing the god-awful list of complaints/malfunctions on the current Mavericks. "Deep Sleep???" Are you kidding me????!!!!!

Homeboy59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having owned 3 Mavericks here is my opinion. i don’t care about the refresh but bigger info screen is nice. They need to 1. Offer hybrid with AWD. 2. Offer keypad on drivers door again. 3. Offer more colors

papagoodnite

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spot a 360 camera. That’s a nice touch. Not sure about that grill though. The rounded part of the top of the grille seems genuine
Sponsored