First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I'm well aware of that. I'm saying the grille and wheels on this Maverick would look much better on the Lobo..
The cover it had on it may be just been covering what we are seeing now
Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I think I'm glad I have a 23.

Like I'd get a Maverick with that front end if I had to, but man the 22-24 Maverick looks better.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just after showing another new grille design for the facelifted 2025 Ford Maverick, we caught yet another (third) new face -- SEE THE FIRST POST & BELOW This third new grille design looks closer to the current Maverick grille, with a horizontal crossbar encompassing the Ford oval. The new face shows off the new headlight design, first revealed on a completely undisguised Maverick test vehicle earlier this week.

Likely Shows the New Maverick XL Grille
We think this new grille may represent the base XL Maverick grille, for two reasons: 1) The headlights look like they may be more simplified, without the prominent LED signatures, and more halogen overtones, and 2) This prototype’s side mirror doesn’t have the new camera that’s in place on the higher-end Lariat model spied earlier. It would seem that a mroe entry-lvel version may still be available without the upgraded safety and possible autonomous features that appear to be coming for the updated trucks.

Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-13

Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-14

Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-16

Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-15

Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-18

Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-17

Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-21

Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-19

Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-20

23grayXLT84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 hybrid xlt base.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like lariat keeps the DRL as the strip whereas XLT keeps the lights as DRLs.

XLT horizonal bar leads to nowhere. Kind of odd.

Sponsored

supertiger

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Engine
Undecided
Quite frankly. I think this looks much better. The black plastic improves what appears to be the XL and XLT versions.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These xl and XLT versions look better than the lobo version...

yipga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus rx350
Engine
Undecided
seems still not too hard to add ACC radar in XL

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just after showing another new grille design for the facelifted 2025 Ford Maverick, we caught yet another (third) new face -- SEE THE FIRST POST & BELOW This third new grille design looks closer to the current Maverick grille, with a horizontal crossbar encompassing the Ford oval. The new face shows off the new headlight design, first revealed on a completely undisguised Maverick test vehicle earlier this week.

Likely Shows the New Maverick XL Grille
We think this new grille may represent the base XL Maverick grille, for two reasons: 1) The headlights look like they may be more simplified, without the prominent LED signatures, and more halogen overtones, and 2) This prototype’s side mirror doesn’t have the new camera that’s in place on the higher-end Lariat model spied earlier. It would seem that a mroe entry-lvel version may still be available without the upgraded safety and possible autonomous features that appear to be coming for the updated trucks.

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-13.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-14.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-16.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-15.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-18.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-17.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-21.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-19.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-20.jpg
that XL looks rough, like it was taken off-roading or something lol. I guess its good they are testing.

Sponsored

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
is the 2025 Maverick XL even a real Maverick without the HORN HEADLIGHTS?:sadface:

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

White looks like an XLT, and Silver an XL? Also the Left side bumper of the silver truck looks like a pitbull chewed it up.

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We can learn a couple interesting things about the updated maverick from these pictures that I haven't seen anyone comment on in this thread (or even in any media outlets). Let's get started with my more concrete observations, before I move into the realm of speculation.

First, it looks like a 360-degree camera similar to the one on the f150 will be available, judging by the cameras (outlined in red below) under the mirrors and the ford emblem in the grille.

Second, we can see ultrasonic parking sensors. I've outlined one in purple in the image below. I know these are necessary for Ford's automatic park assist feature, so It's possible that will be available too.
Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] Screenshot 2024-05-23 132321

Transitioning away from concrete observations, we can see Ford has moved the location of the radar sensor (outlined in orange) from just under the Ford emblem to the lower part of the grille. It looks like the same sensor ford has used before, so why move it?

From this point on, all I have is pure speculation. Such as, "could it have something to do with whatever is supposed to go in this gap in the grille?
Ford Maverick Spied: 2025 Maverick Refresh Prototypes Reveal Additional TWO New Grille Designs [UPDATED] 1716497855875-l3

Now that we're on the topic, does anyone have any thoughts on what this cutout in the grille could be for? My thought is that maybe there will be an optional light bar that could go there, but your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This look so much better... However it is strange to see that part where it just appears missing along the center bottom on both of those examples (silver and white).

It would be a shame if the Lariat gets the ugly grill and overdone painted surfaces that were leaked in the earlier thread.... Dang.. Lariat looses out again... 22-24 it got the bowling shoe interior modeled after tacky sneakers..

Would like to see it with all of the camoflauge removed...

But here is a theory (tin hat donned)... The Hybrid gets that Grill from the First Thread becuase it's sort of electric.... and the EcoBoost gets these two grills featured in this thread.....
Sponsored

Last edited: