Some 22MY Mavericks may get pushed to MY23

Ice Ferret

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Suzuki XL7
I'm ok with a 23' at this point. It'll allow me to treat the bottom before winter hits here in the salt belt. Definitely don't want holes in it after one season lol
i thought when I ordered mine in November 2021 I would have it in time to do the same before the winter of 2022. Man was I foolish to think a full calendar year would be enough time
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If there are still serious supply chain issues and chip shortages going forward, where does that leave a low profit margin vehicle like the Maverick in 2023 when right now even ordering a moonroof or CP360 can be a constraint?
I think a lot of people just assume a company will automatically prioritize models that are a higher profit margin. But its not that simple. Maverick and Lightening (just for example) are not made in the same factory. And they don't have many parts in common except perhaps chips. Nor are they targeting the same customer. If Ford moved all chips to the Lightening line to push those out they make those customers happy but starving the Maverick line makes those customers unhappy. And possibly idles a lot of autoworkers who cannot really help make Lightnings since they work at a different plant.
I think Ford will do its best to keep as many customers happy, workers employed, dealers supplied and stock holders smiling as possible. Not an easy task. In fact they are almost certainly going to make everybody mad because they cannot meet the demand in many different areas.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, yes...technically, you're right. But a 2023 in December of 2022 is whole lot more NEWER, and probably better with less faults, than a 2022 in October or 2022.

What's crazy, 3+ years ago, you'd be able to buy a lot of "new" current model year vehicles off the lot for $3000-$5000 less than MSRP so they can make way for next model years coming in. Now, getting a Maverick for only $5000 OVER MSRP is considered a good deal.
That IS crazy. And, because we might be headed back there is why I don't want to pay over MSRP now.

Last edited:

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022s and 23s are going to be produced within a couple of weeks of each other. There absolutely will be 23s delivered before 22s. Some heads will be exploding on this forum when that happens!

Sponsored

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2022s and 23s are going to be produced within a couple of weeks of each other. There absolutely will be 23s delivered before 22s. Some heads will be exploding on this forum when that happens!
Probably depends on shipping times. If you're in a state close to Hermosillo, I could definitely see getting a '23 before someone in Maine or Alaska gets a '22 that shipped earlier.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, yes...technically, you're right. But a 2023 in December of 2022 is whole lot more NEWER, and probably better with less faults, than a 2022 in October or 2022.
I don’t follow that logic. One truck is two months newer. Is there newer technology? Is the plant quality level significantly better? Or is it just that 2023 seems like a year newer than 2022?

What's crazy, 3+ years ago, you'd be able to buy a lot of "new" current model year vehicles off the lot for $3000-$5000 less than MSRP so they can make way for next model years coming in. Now, getting a Maverick for only $5000 OVER MSRP is considered a good deal.
Eventually the market will normalize, but I doubt the base model Mav will get a price cut of more than $1500, unless the new models are way better.

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t follow that logic. One truck is two months newer. Is there newer technology? Is the plant quality level significantly better? Or is it just that 2023 seems like a year newer than 2022?
Most vehicles get minor technical updates for subsequent model year runs, before the mid-life (or more) facelift/etc.

Sponsored

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, in other words, no significant improvements.
I think the technical answer here is: it depends. For some vehicles it is significant for many it is not. (I'm an old Bimmer guy: The e36, e39, and e46 all received 2nd year motor refreshes which was hugely significant; USDM e36 M3 received some frame strengthening [but not enough, lol])

For the Maverick, we won't know for a few more months.

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There’s nothing magical about the model year. It’s still a brand new truck.
Blue book value is in part set by model year, so a 2022 in October will be priced as a 1-year old vehicle.

All features/options being equal/identical, a 2022 model year vehicle built in October 2022 would be worth less than a 2023 model year vehicle built in October 2022.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sort of thinking out loud here but sometimes I wonder how serious Ford is with building the Maverick in general. This hit home to me last night watching a YouTube video on the Lightening. On the video Ford is talking about pushing out 150K of these trucks in 2023. I mean these trucks are a rolling computer to put it a bit facetiously.

If there are still serious supply chain issues and chip shortages going forward, where does that leave a low profit margin vehicle like the Maverick in 2023 when right now even ordering a moonroof or CP360 can be a constraint?

Like I said, just thinking out loud.
I cant imagine what kind of cluster the Lightning order/manufacturing/delivery process will be for Ford. Should be interesting to watch...
Sponsored