SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trade in value and the wait are the worst. Ford will most likely honor financing rates and price protection if you met the MY22 cutoff and end up pushed to MY23. When your truck is finally delivered, try getting a quote for from PenFed. They were offering me 0.9% a few months ago, better than any other lender. While I realize things have changed since then, they might do better than 1.9%. Worth a shot.
PenFed has gone up a lot, being the fed rate has gone up a lot. I'm slightly upset with myself for not locking in 1.9% last fall...When 1.9% was way more than I could get at any CU. Edit: Ford honored 1.9%@60mo for me with my November 2021 price lock. That was an easy call.

This is PenFed today:
Ford Maverick Biggest Downfall of Being Pushed to MY23 1656377133118
Sponsored

Last edited:

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll just won’t buy anything from Ford again. This will be my first and also my last.
You're perfectly free to buy or not buy anything from anybody of course, but I don't think you're justified in holding a grudge against FoMoCo in particular. Try buying a new Corvette or Ridgeline and see if that's any better than buying a Maverick.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The plus side for us is the longer the wait, the less we will owe on our present car, thus higher trade-in.
Unless your car was paid for two years ago ;) The added miles sure don't help either.
Sponsored