First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had mine done, hasn’t seemed to help or hurt anything 😂, actually one did seem to make it run a bit smoother with transition from gas to electric. It still wants to lunge forward at stop signs when warming up, guys at the dealer said that was “normal” 😂😂
Sponsored

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are driving a 2022 hybrid, this seems to be the one most affected. My 2023 hybrid did not need the PCM update. Just the Cluster and tailight update. No issues for over a month.
my 22 had all the recalls done at one time and I had no problem either before or after the completed recalls. none.

Scot LX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Honda Element, Royal Enfield INT650
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 23 and it happened to me. I was lucky enough to be at a stop light. I was offered a rental, but I can manage without. I hope it isn't for too long though, as I really like my Maverick. I did mention to the rep that instead of a rental they can give me my first couple oil changes for free and toss in the bed cubby. He said he should be able to give me an oil change.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the 2023 XL hybrid, they came to the house to do the turn signal and dash update. I mentioned to the tech that the battery being low on the 12 volt side and he said they would need to hook a charger to it in order for the updates to go in correctly. So he hooked the charger to it and kept it on it the entire time he was doing the updates and 3 weeks later I have had zero problems. As a retired Auto tech I know for a fact that if the battery gets below a certain voltage while you are trying to reprogram the ECM you can have many faults and failures later. So it makes me wonder when they are doing these updates at different locations if the tech that's doing the update understands that the battery has to be above 12 volts continuously while the updates are being applied.
I have had three of my updates done in my driveway and have put my noco genius 5 on my mavericks for two nights before those updates plus also on battery BEFORE taking one in for anything. (I refer to the procedure as "update insurance")!

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 23 and it happened to me. I was lucky enough to be at a stop light. I was offered a rental, but I can manage without. I hope it isn't for too long though, as I really like my Maverick. I did mention to the rep that instead of a rental they can give me my first couple oil changes for free and toss in the bed cubby. He said he should be able to give me an oil change.
Can you please give us the update that were done so we can track to see which update may have cause it? My VIN# didn't require the PCM recall update. I have a 2023 Hybrid. I have had the cluster and tailight. Not the PCM recall.

Sponsored

camundson

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This pops up every now and then on my dashboard. I always push the fuel door shut after each fill up. This warning doesn’t pop up until a few days after I fill it up. I took it to the local Ford dealer, and they couldn’t duplicate the problem.

IMG_4890.jpeg
I keep telling Ford that my door isn't a jar! it is a door!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck had a software recall done. Other than the recall notification disappearing from the app, I couldn't tell it was done.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

revcwa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

These are nebulous statements, "all these" and "so many". How many are we talking?
I have a 23 Lariat hybrid that is sitting at the dealership with this problem - loss of power, gear not available, pedestrian detection fault….. 2 weeks after latest updates. Ford told them their engineers are working on it, there is no fix yet and they will call when it’s ready. Love my Maverick. Don’t love Ford at this point in time. Sorry if I sound like I’m wining.

Last edited:
Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recalls are always safety related. I've gotten all the ones available. No issues so far (knock on wood).

srhawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Explorer, Mustang LE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This pops up every now and then on my dashboard. I always push the fuel door shut after each fill up. This warning doesn’t pop up until a few days after I fill it up. I took it to the local Ford dealer, and they couldn’t duplicate the problem.

IMG_4890.jpeg
Yea, had this same message pop up the other day out of the blue. 16,000 plus miles, only 1 time so far.

revcwa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Recalls are always safety related. I've gotten all the ones available. No issues so far (knock on wood).
Glad you had no issues. Safety? Mine became unsafe with loss of power 4x on the interstate before I could get to my dealership.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 2022 Hybrid that got the software update and no issues in the month or two since. Mine was built in late May 2022, in case we can narrow it down to a certain set of months. I am unhappy about the "surging" that my truck now does when stopped in the first 15 minutes or so of driving, but it has not died/gone into limp mode at highway speeds .

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have had three of my updates done in my driveway and have put my noco genius 5 on my mavericks for two nights before those updates plus also on battery BEFORE taking one in for anything. (I refer to the procedure as "update insurance")!
I had two software updates done when I took my Maverick in for two rattles. They did the updates, half-assed fixed one rattle and "couldn't find" the second rattle. Both rattles are still there, but no issues related to the updates themselves, except the brakes may possibly be more grabby than before. Hard to tell, as we've had lotsa humid early morning weather.

FWIW, I took it to a large dealership with two Maverick owners in the shop and lots of Hybrid service experience. I also did what @MakinDoForNow did, and made sure the battery was fully charged beforehand, by putting the truck on the battery tender the night before. Very similar to doing phone software updates - you don't want a low battery voltage situation to FUBAR an update.
Sponsored