First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well now I understand - you said "I'm out. " Thankfully you clarified that A: You didnt want to drive a vehicle back 8 hours, B: You didnt want to drive in the winter in Michigan, C: You think that if you buy a new Maverick you will hit a deer again ( but not in the other suggested new vehicles Im guessing ? ) Well then - now that everyone knows what situation you are in , there will probably be three or 4 dealers contacting you to deliver at no charge the next truck they have available. You are the only person that has had to wait and I agree you should end this nightmare.........

mavericknightmare.jpg
I will drive one back 8 hours. Who has one at MSRP. hybrid only.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oct. 2021 order.
Another round of emails...another round of Sept. '22 new orders getting scheduled. I'm out.
Not sure what I'm going to get. Any recommendations?
Ford is screwed. Go get a a rav4 hybrid. I waited 2 months for my rav4 order. Plus you can actually get awd.
I was originally interested in the maverick until it turned out they aren’t actually going to build hybrids.

Last edited:

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Good for you! Sounds great! The one I drove was the same, but in Blue Stone. I need an AWD, but that is the only one they had that wasn’t the 2.5L Turbo and DCT. It drove nice and was quiet. It did seem to be built really well and from what I recall from the Mav I sat in, was much nicer inside. Better standard features. Great warranty too. I’m just keeping my options open at this point, but it is a contender.
Thanks. I will say that the non turbo is underpowered but I don’t tow anything and I don’t drag race. I’ll take a NA engine any day over a turbo. Yes, great warranty also.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From some of the suggestions I can only assume you guys bought or tried to buy loaded lariats. As most of the suggestions are well into the 30 k price range. BUT since the OP never gave a price range I guess any of these qualify as another option instead of a Mav.

Sponsored

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup. This place helped. Also helping was the Ford Video Guy and my dealer that I saw every other week.
Does the wife, or other half know you are seeing other people? LOL!
(All we can do is laugh at this point)

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oct. 2021 order.
Another round of emails...another round of Sept. '22 new orders getting scheduled. I'm out.
Not sure what I'm going to get. Any recommendations?
If I had to walk from the wait and wanted a capable and low cost alternative now or with minimal wait I'd opt for a Subaru Impreza base model sedan. Four doors, AWD standard, 36/28 hwy/city mpg and a starting price a hair under $20,000.
Subaru isn't Ford and I don't know how far you are from a dealership so service may be a problem.

Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I couldn’t find any for msrp, cheapest i found was 4k over. i liked the space of the sportage though. Wasn’t sure about the 1.6t with standard auto trans. Preferred the toyota 2.5 with ecvt
I like the Kia's auto transmission! The 1.6T, not so much.
I'm guessing it's rare to find a 2023 Rav4 Hybrid at MSRP also. Great gas mileage though.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does the wife, or other half know you are seeing other people? LOL!
(All we can do is laugh at this point)
Yeah, it's been a weird way to acquire a vehicle. My Mav gets built next week. Almost 15 months.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay tell me why it would be so hard to stop orders before DOUBLE the amount could be made. Yes yes dealer allocations. Well limit each state total by number of dealers. The subdivide that be allocations. Its not rocket science.
They can't turn production on and off like light switch due to lead times and advance commitments to purchase from vendors. Forecasting is ongoing and ever changing with circumstances on the ground. Read up on "Just in Time" manufacturing and you will see how incredibly difficult it is to forecast and then build complicated products like cars- under the best of circumstances.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I've been looking at anything. Fiance hit a deer with her brand new K5 and we are down to sharing a vehicle that could go at any minute. She also ordered a Maverick so we are kinda screwed at the moment. Liked the Maverick for price, gas mileage, and hauling kayaks. That's all I need it for. Ready to end this nightmare!

I also have a 2021 Subaru Forester and about a month ago the automatic braking was triggered when a deer ran across the road in front of me. I saw it and I would have likely been able avoided hitting it but it was nice to have that backup.

With the right roof rack you could likely haul a kayaks with a lot of different Subarus models. Some of the lower trim Subarus are not too expensive and the AWD would be nice in the snow.

I got my Forester just before the car shortage but I have heard that Subaru is trying to get their dealers to stick with MSRP and the supply for some(but not all) models is not too bad.

I would assume that your original order was for a hybrid. If so and you have given up on it anyway then you might as well change it to an Ecoboost and you can decide if you want it or not if it arrives before you have bought something else.

I agree that it is likely, but not for sure, that there an issue with your dealer and you should call or chat with Ford directly to check on the status of your order if you have not already done that. There could be something like mud flaps on your order that is holding it up but your dealer should have told you to take the off of the order.

What are the specs of your order?

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They can't turn production on and off like light switch due to lead times and advance commitments to purchase from vendors. Forecasting is ongoing and ever changing with circumstances on the ground. Read up on "Just in Time" manufacturing and you will see how incredibly difficult it is to forecast and then build complicated products like cars- under the best of circumstances.
BS Ford new WELL ahead of time how many they could build in ONE year. Lets say by some miracle things changed. They could have reopened the order banks up and filled any excess they didn't know was coming. I call TOTAL BS to what you say.
Sponsored