SLAMOLOGIST

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have to say out of all the vehicles I’ve owned my Fwd Maverick is one of the best handling in the snow. I’ve owned over 75 vehicles ( yeah I have a problem) The Maverick is performs really good in the snow. Stock, slammed or lifted this truck has impressed me.

Ford Maverick Snow review -- one of best handling vehicles I've owned IMG_5991
Sponsored

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If that was a hybrid I'd say you've got a leak somewhere; there's a puddle of electrons underneath your truck. :D

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pepe also handles the snow with confidence. I had to drive through some deep, wet unplowed slush that was not ideal, and was glad I had both AWD and splash guards! Messy but fun!

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Even my Hybrid FWD Maverick has been very impressive in the snow!
are you running the factory installed tires or did you upgrade? I have the hybrid coming and live in Northern IL. I have heard conflicting reports bout the stock tires.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
are you running the factory installed tires or did you upgrade? I have the hybrid coming and live in Northern IL. I have heard conflicting reports bout the stock tires.
Stock tires may be ok in light snow... but if you have to drive through a lot of snow often, you'll want winter tires.

OP
OP
SLAMOLOGIST

SLAMOLOGIST

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had stock tires last winter when it was lowered. They were fine. Stock tires did what they were suppose to do. Now I have BFG mud terrain and level kit which is a big improvement in this stuff.

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would like a more aggressive tread on my 23 Lariat with the stock 18" Michelin Primacy tires. The problem I have is that I do a lot of highway driving and I have found most aggressive treads produce a lot of noise at highway speeds (like 70) so it's either more noise or more traction.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My house is at the bottom of a long & very steep gravel road. For that reason, I almost immediately got rid of the Contis that came on my XL and replaced them with Falken WildPeak A/T trail tires. I knew from experience the Continentals would not hold up on my gravel road and I did not want to mess with flats.

So far, I've had no trouble in snow although I park at the top of my road by the mailbox If snow is predicted. I've gotten stuck on the steep road with FWD, AWD & 4WD vehicles.
If you don't have any really steep roads, you should be fine.

Another good tire choice are Michelin CrossClimate 2. Tires make the difference.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We're in the middle of snow storm here in southern NJ, and I had an appointment about 40 minutes away this morning. Wasn't a whole lot on the road surfaces when I left, however coming home the local streets were pretty bad, with lots of lose fluffy stuff. - I'd estimate at or close to 6" of white stuff, possibly more.

With much of the vehicle weight over the front wheels, it actually wasn't bad driving with the stock 18" Michelin tires. If you're in an area with just a couple of storms a year on average, the FWD Hybrid does just fine if you have any snow driving skill. I tapped her into Slippery mode for good measure, which also seems to make the brake pedal a bit heavier. (Actually welcome given I was wearing my rather heavy size 15W 8" Timberland boots). So far, two storms this week, with the first 3-4 of a mix of snow, rain, and sleet, which had thankfully cleared off the roads before this storm landed on top of it.

Perhaps not Subaru AWD traction, but the FWD Hybrid holds it own thanks to having the majority of the weight over the front drive wheels.

Sponsored

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to say out of all the vehicles I’ve owned my Fwd Maverick is one of the best handling in the snow. I’ve owned over 75 vehicles ( yeah I have a problem) The Maverick is performs really good in the snow. Stock, slammed or lifted this truck has impressed me.

IMG_5991.jpeg
'Glad to hear it! I hope you're right! I am heading out in a few hours to dig my Maverick out of our first snow. I am waiting for the temperature to reach its high of 25 today. Based on your photo, I am assuming that your Maverick is nuclear powered. Was that an option or aftermarket install?

DoubleXL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an awd, but rockin the stock continentals this winter. Probably will get winter tires next fall, but new all seasons arent that bad... only 10k on tires.

Wish i could have some fun doing doughnuts tho.

Last edited:

Bill K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put aggressive snow tires on my Mav hybrid fwd. Amazing performance in the snow here in Maine. Including pushing through 2 foot snowbanks. Traction control off, no slipping nor sliding.
Sponsored