Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice reviews
Man this sucks well kinda
I've been reading on this form for quite awhile since I ordered last Jan.
This is prob the best thread I have read about the all wheel drive and diffent modes... Just by what I read u can tell u guys had some fun playing in the snow and sand....
I just got a email after doing a reorder to a 23 at the beginning of this month for it saying Dec 19 to be scheduled for production with a vin#.. So I'm hoping for a early Jan production build date. If I'm lucky and that say happens and holds (I know the holidays might push that back) that the earliest I could see the truck is end of Jan.. But that would prob depend on a shipping miracle. Most likely I will prob see it some time at the end of Feb or in March...
Have a xlt alto blue fx4 lux ordered
Every time I get a different vehicle I alway play around in the snow with it so see how it will react... Sliding, hard breaking, and accelerating... It's always fun getting to know what it's going to do and when.... My wife hates it.... She always says "ur just playing around" ... I have to tell her "just go back to playing ur game on ur phone".
Hopefully you get yours soon! The hardest part waiting is after it's been built. Some of the shipping has been quick though, mine made it from the factory to SE Michigan in just over two weeks.

Also, the Slippery Mode is more for just driving on snowy or icy roads. The throttle becomes very mushy, TC is turned up all the way. It wouldn't be much fun to use that mode in the deep snow LOL.
Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We went to Lewiston a lot when I was a kid, man I'd love to have some property there, definitely some good memories snowmobiling.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my Maverick xlt fx4k with 360 13 months ago and have just over 23k on it. I live up in Maine and the truck wad the best I have driven in for winter storms/weather. I didn't do to much playing as I hadn't really broke it in yet but I did have a day where I had snow up to just under my door handles and the only shoveling I did to get it out was what it took to get inside my driver's door. I hopped in threw it in gear and backed right out with no issues.

If I get a similar event this year I'm gonna take pictures/video of the truck doing it cause I have a few buddies up here that did believe me the truck could do it (their bias is because it is AWD and not 4wd)

I also have the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires from the factory which have seemed to be the best of what was offered on the 22s (not sure if there was any changes to the 23s)

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my Maverick xlt fx4k with 360 13 months ago and have just over 23k on it. I live up in Maine and the truck wad the best I have driven in for winter storms/weather. I didn't do to much playing as I hadn't really broke it in yet but I did have a day where I had snow up to just under my door handles and the only shoveling I did to get it out was what it took to get inside my driver's door. I hopped in threw it in gear and backed right out with no issues.

If I get a similar event this year I'm gonna take pictures/video of the truck doing it cause I have a few buddies up here that did believe me the truck could do it (their bias is because it is AWD and not 4wd)

I also have the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires from the factory which have seemed to be the best of what was offered on the 22s (not sure if there was any changes to the 23s)
How are you liking those wildpeaks this year? I had that same tire as my last set on my Dodge. First winter, absolutely amazing. No stopping them. 2nd winter with about 25k miles on them, they were horrible for winter driving. More than 1/2" of snow or any mud and they were like wearing ice skates. Got almost 60k miles out of them so no complaints there but worthless after some wear for winter traction. Switched to the Wildpeak M/Ts this year to see how they do.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How are you liking those wildpeaks this year? I had that same tire as my last set on my Dodge. First winter, absolutely amazing. No stopping them. 2nd winter with about 25k miles on them, they were horrible for winter driving. More than 1/2" of snow or any mud and they were like wearing ice skates. Got almost 60k miles out of them so no complaints there but worthless after some wear for winter traction. Switched to the Wildpeak M/Ts this year to see how they do.
Can't really say so far yet we have only had one storm and it didn't really amount to anything. Once we get some snow up here I'll find out.... whether I want to or not haha.

I have a company work van that I drive for work that even with new studded snow tires (not faulken tires though) sucks no matter what a person does. It is a 2019 Ram Promaster 2500 which is front wheel drive. If it detects that it loses any traction it basically shuts of your gas petal so I have to make sure to turn of traction/ESC control for up hill runs during storms cause a hill I can make with minimal tire spin at 1 point with the ESC on I'll be sliding back down.

I'll let you know how they do on the truck once I get something to test it with.

Sponsored

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't really say so far yet we have only had one storm and it didn't really amount to anything. Once we get some snow up here I'll find out.... whether I want to or not haha.

I have a company work van that I drive for work that even with new studded snow tires (not faulken tires though) sucks no matter what a person does. It is a 2019 Ram Promaster 2500 which is front wheel drive. If it detects that it loses any traction it basically shuts of your gas petal so I have to make sure to turn of traction/ESC control for up hill runs during storms cause a hill I can make with minimal tire spin at 1 point with the ESC on I'll be sliding back down.

I'll let you know how they do on the truck once I get something to test it with.
Ya studded tires... I was to young to drive when my parents had studded tires I'm 44 now and live in southern Wisconsin/Northern Illinois.
But growing up from 1985-89 we lived in fairbanks AK. And from 89 to 92 we lived in anchorage.. And I can remember my dad having to have a set of studded tires... Then every once in awhile when we would go snowboarding we would have to stop and put on chains to make up to one ski resort Arctic Valley / Alpenglow... The chains were always a pain in the a** to put on and take off, I remember once my dad was late picking us up cuz he had to stop and put the chains on... And we were getting some snow at the time so the road that twisted and turned to get up threw the little mountain pass was hard packed but was going some nice powder we decided to snowboard down the road to the bottom... Once we got down their he had just gotten the chains on... And was all pissed off cuz he now had to take them off again to go home

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ya studded tires... I was to young to drive when my parents had studded tires I'm 44 now and live in southern Wisconsin/Northern Illinois.
But growing up from 1985-89 we lived in fairbanks AK. And from 89 to 92 we lived in anchorage.. And I can remember my dad having to have a set of studded tires... Then every once in awhile when we would go snowboarding we would have to stop and put on chains to make up to one ski resort Arctic Valley / Alpenglow... The chains were always a pain in the a** to put on and take off, I remember once my dad was late picking us up cuz he had to stop and put the chains on... And we were getting some snow at the time so the road that twisted and turned to get up threw the little mountain pass was hard packed but was going some nice powder we decided to snowboard down the road to the bottom... Once we got down their he had just gotten the chains on... And was all pissed off cuz he now had to take them off again to go home
Ya to be honest I probably should keep a set in that van just in case but usually I just avoid the roads with the big hills if possible but I know there is gonna be a day when I'm gonna need them but usually if the roads are too bad and I don't think I can make it my company credit card works on hotels 😁

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had my Maverick for around 2.5 weeks, 1200 miles. It's an XLT FX4 with 4K Tow and CP360. We got a good 8 to 10 inches of snow on our property in NE Michigan this week so I got to do some off-road testing.

I must say, it does very well! I've owned a 2005 Ranger FX4, the difference in off-road performance between the two is negligible. Normal mode will totally work in the snow, especially if you select "Low." However, I primarily used the "Sand" drive mode. In that mode, it definitely wants to hold out the gears longer, and it seemed to maybe have a slight rear bias. This was good, the throttle-on oversteer helped rotate the truck. The "Mud/Ruts" mode didn't seem to have too much difference, maybe only slightly less wheel spin. There was a more noticeable difference with that mode when slowly climbing the inclines in our field. We have a couple of 20% to 25% grade hills on the property that I tested this out on.

When it comes to Stability Control, I'm under the impression this is kind of linked in to the off-road modes (the ones that come with FX4). When selecting those modes, the Stability OFF light illuminates on the dash. Then, when pressing the TC button on the center console, a message displays saying "Traction Control Off," as if it was still on. However, the Stability Control would still eventually kick in under certain conditions/slides. I tried pressing and holding the TC button to fully switch off Stability Control, but nothing happened. I'm thinking those drive modes put it into a lighter Stability Control setting. I couldn't find much more about it in the manual.

The Hill Descent Control was cool too. You can hear the ABS clicking away as you're going down a decline.

Overall, I am extremely happy with how it drove! On a side note, I did the 1,000 mile break-in oil change the other day. The FX4 skid plate needs to be fully removed to access the drain plug and filter. It added a few extra minutes to the job, but my electric impact easily removed the bolts and screws to speed up the process. I used Motorcraft 5W-30.

If you're still waiting for your Maverick, you will NOT be disappointed. It's an amazing truck!

20221119_112857.jpg

20221119_143725.jpg
Looks good Come on over to Western NY we got 5 feet of snow.

OP
OP
matmondro

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks good Come on over to Western NY we got 5 feet of snow.
Oh trust me, I wish I was there LOL. We're big snowmobilers so we were wondering if you could take some of that snow and bring it over here 😂

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

My Dodge pickup has that same junk traction control. The button to turn it off gets a lot of use in the winter.

Sponsored

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Dodge pickup has that same junk traction control. The button to turn it off gets a lot of use in the winter.
Unfortunately I found out the hard way as I was at a job that was only about an hour drive on a normal day but I didn't have my studded snow tires yet and it started to come down pretty hard before I left to head home and the normal trip involved going over a well know road for sucking in the winter.

There is one spot where there is a steep incline that last for about 3/4 of a mile and another further down the road that is far steeper but shorter.... I slid back down the first one because of the ESC cutting off ALL power and my work van doesn't have ANY windows besides the windshield and driver/passenger doors so I have no view behind the van other than a camera that I can manually turn on so sliding backwards is some scary sh*t in that thing. After disabling the ESC/traction I made the first hill just spinning away but I did eventually make it. The 2nd one I didn't have a chance in he'll only way I could have made that would have been if I had a winch to pull me up over so I had to back track to take a side road that would bring me around to some less steep terrains.

That 1 hour trip took me 3 to 3.5hrs because of that storm. I called my boss when I got home and told him to make sure my company credit card was paid up (this was before he ended up making it unlimited as the account used to have a limit and is shared by me and another tech at the time) cause I was going shopping the next day for a set of good studded tires cause that wasn't happening again.

Silver lining of that story is I get paid my hourly rate from the moment I leave my house/hotel till the moment I walk back In at the end of the day so if I have a problem like that I'm still getting paid. It is also why I avoid the routes that it might happen in the winter because even though I make money I don't wanna cause my boss excess pay because I didn't think ahead so even if a trip will take an extra 15 minutes I'll use the safer more round about way. Moral of the story....... 2019 RAM PROMASTERS SUCK IN THE WINTER.

Luckily/unluckily my van blew a transmission at 55k last December and I ended up using my maverick for work from December till April so I didn't have ANY issues with winter storms last winter 😁😁

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately I found out the hard way as I was at a job that was only about an hour drive on a normal day but I didn't have my studded snow tires yet and it started to come down pretty hard before I left to head home and the normal trip involved going over a well know road for sucking in the winter.

There is one spot where there is a steep incline that last for about 3/4 of a mile and another further down the road that is far steeper but shorter.... I slid back down the first one because of the ESC cutting off ALL power and my work van doesn't have ANY windows besides the windshield and driver/passenger doors so I have no view behind the van other than a camera that I can manually turn on so sliding backwards is some scary sh*t in that thing. After disabling the ESC/traction I made the first hill just spinning away but I did eventually make it. The 2nd one I didn't have a chance in he'll only way I could have made that would have been if I had a winch to pull me up over so I had to back track to take a side road that would bring me around to some less steep terrains.

That 1 hour trip took me 3 to 3.5hrs because of that storm. I called my boss when I got home and told him to make sure my company credit card was paid up (this was before he ended up making it unlimited as the account used to have a limit and is shared by me and another tech at the time) cause I was going shopping the next day for a set of good studded tires cause that wasn't happening again.

Silver lining of that story is I get paid my hourly rate from the moment I leave my house/hotel till the moment I walk back In at the end of the day so if I have a problem like that I'm still getting paid. It is also why I avoid the routes that it might happen in the winter because even though I make money I don't wanna cause my boss excess pay because I didn't think ahead so even if a trip will take an extra 15 minutes I'll use the safer more round about way. Moral of the story....... 2019 RAM PROMASTERS SUCK IN THE WINTER.

Luckily/unluckily my van blew a transmission at 55k last December and I ended up using my maverick for work from December till April so I didn't have ANY issues with winter storms last winter 😁😁
I never drove it in the winter, but I know your frustrations with the Dodge promaster. I did a short stint in one summer of '21. A buddy was a manager at a pest control company. They were really behind and couldn't find anyone that could pass the tests for pesticide use. He knew I had an applicators license and asked if I'd fill in for a couple weeks till a new hire could pass the exams and get certified. They stuck me in an '18 ( I think) promaster as all the new Tacoma's we're in use. Long story short, ended up taking three months to get someone to pass the state exams. That Dodge was an absolute pile of shit. Zero visibility, horrendous handling, and the most uncomfortable thing I've ever driven. That includes my old tractors with steel seats. Any longer drive than 20 minutes and my ass and back were killing me. I was so thankful when another tech quit to go back to school and I inherited his '21 Tacoma. Still a bitch to get in and out of as I'm 6'2" and 280 pounds, but it was comfortable once in it and I could actually safely see out the damn thing.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never drove it in the winter, but I know your frustrations with the Dodge promaster. I did a short stint in one summer of '21. A buddy was a manager at a pest control company. They were really behind and couldn't find anyone that could pass the tests for pesticide use. He knew I had an applicators license and asked if I'd fill in for a couple weeks till a new hire could pass the exams and get certified. They stuck me in an '18 ( I think) promaster as all the new Tacoma's we're in use. Long story short, ended up taking three months to get someone to pass the state exams. That Dodge was an absolute pile of shit. Zero visibility, horrendous handling, and the most uncomfortable thing I've ever driven. That includes my old tractors with steel seats. Any longer drive than 20 minutes and my ass and back were killing me. I was so thankful when another tech quit to go back to school and I inherited his '21 Tacoma. Still a bitch to get in and out of as I'm 6'2" and 280 pounds, but it was comfortable once in it and I could actually safely see out the damn thing.
Ya there is a version of the promaster with a "Captians chair" that has air bags that is Supposed to be more comfortable... I don't have that and I have a cage behind the seats so I can put my seat back very far. I have asked the boss if I can find some rear doors that have windows if I can replace the current no window ones but I haven't found any that were in good shape for a decent (meaning not insane or full priced) price. The 6spd auto transmission in them also SUCKS it has the desent control or what ever Chrysler wants to call it build in so if you try to coast down a hill your met with a big down shift and the engine is rev'd way to high even running it in the "semi auto/you do the shifting" doesnt work you have to either stay on the throttle a certain amount the whole time to prevent the shifts or do Lemans braking (gas, gas, gas, braaakkee. Gas gas gas brraaakkke). Chrysler actually has a shortage on the tyranny because they have had so many issues it took from December till April just to get a transmission for it and when we called Chrysler directly the admitted it is a bad setup and the reason why there is a 9spd auto in the newer models.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ya there is a version of the promaster with a "Captians chair" that has air bags that is Supposed to be more comfortable... I don't have that and I have a cage behind the seats so I can put my seat back very far. I have asked the boss if I can find some rear doors that have windows if I can replace the current no window ones but I haven't found any that were in good shape for a decent (meaning not insane or full priced) price. The 6spd auto transmission in them also SUCKS it has the desent control or what ever Chrysler wants to call it build in so if you try to coast down a hill your met with a big down shift and the engine is rev'd way to high even running it in the "semi auto/you do the shifting" doesnt work you have to either stay on the throttle a certain amount the whole time to prevent the shifts or do Lemans braking (gas, gas, gas, braaakkee. Gas gas gas brraaakkke). Chrysler actually has a shortage on the tyranny because they have had so many issues it took from December till April just to get a transmission for it and when we called Chrysler directly the admitted it is a bad setup and the reason why there is a 9spd auto in the newer models.
The one I drove had a solid steel plate behind the seats to separate the compartment with chemicals. Zero adjustment on the seat. The damn mirrors were so time there was absolutely no rear vision what so ever. If you were turning left onto a road that met the road your on at anything other than 90 degrees you just had to go and hope nobody was coming. Absolute trash vehicle.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How has an aftermarket company not made a skid plate with an access door yet?
Sponsored