First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's pretty much exactly what I was planning to do with mine. The cubby is pretty much useless otherwise.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like it, but with Android Auto and Apple Carplay standard - Why do you need to see your phone?
Exactly. And on top of that, i’ve yet to find a vehicle that has the option to lay your phone flat or have it propped up like the Maverick does in the area in front of the cup holders.

I’m a big apple carplay advocate though and wouldn’t buy a car without it now.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like it, but with Android Auto and Apple Carplay standard - Why do you need to see your phone?
My thoughts exactly. I have Android Auto in my current car and not only do I not ever feel the need to touch my phone, but when it is hooked up it is controlled through. android Auto.

Deleted member 6544

Sorry to hear that! My friend did as well. When they did surgery they had to pull her chin skin up to set the bone correctly! What kind of phone mount was it that broke your jaw?!
That doesn't sound fun! I still have a chuck of bone missing but I'm alive.
It was more the whole car lol
Ford Maverick Smartphone holder suction mount transforms Maverick dash cubby into functional space Pinto.JPG

Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Need a panel that will house a digital boost/multi gauge to go in that useless cubby.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2022 Mav XLT on order
Exactly. And on top of that, i’ve yet to find a vehicle that has the option to lay your phone flat or have it propped up like the Maverick does in the area in front of the cup holders.

I’m a big apple carplay advocate though and wouldn’t buy a car without it now.
My wife's 2019 Fusion has that option.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I read that Android Auto and Apple Carplay are only available when the phone is physically plugged into the system (by USB, not Bluetooth). Is that right?

If so, I might want to just stick my phone in a holder where I can see it. If I'm running errands and am going to be getting in and out of the truck, I don't want to have to plug and unplug the phone all the time.
Yeah the phone needs to be plugged in to use AA / CP.

Honestly the only time I use my phone with carplay is when I want turn by turn directions on the phone while the map is showing on the carplay screen.

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have had this same phone holder in 2 vehicles and loved them. Did initially have the same idea, but as other have pointed out, what’s the need when you have CarPlay / android auto?

Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think a dashcam could sit in that tray and see the road?

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Here's a cheap modification.
Take a pill bottle (a 25 count Zicam Rapidmelts bottle is close), remove the cap, and grind off a small amount (less than 1/4" off the top) using a vibrating sander or sliding the bottle back and forth on concrete until the bottle without the cap fits sideways in the cubby hole.

Use a handlebar phone mount and clamp the handlebar mount to the bottle. This caw.car model from Amazon for $11.40 worked.

Ford Maverick Smartphone holder suction mount transforms Maverick dash cubby into functional space Screenshot 2021-12-11 at 19-22-36 Amazon com Bike Motorcycle Phone Mount - for iPhone 12 (11,

Here the holder and the pill bottle

Ford Maverick Smartphone holder suction mount transforms Maverick dash cubby into functional space ATT00001(1)

Here it is mounted in the cubby hole, nice and fairly flush.

Ford Maverick Smartphone holder suction mount transforms Maverick dash cubby into functional space ATT00001(2)

otter101

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT Lux, Nissan, Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
looks like you should keep screen wipes in the cubby to get rid of all those finger prints on your screen. Yike that's going to drive me nuts if my screen looks like that after a few days.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
looks like you should keep screen wipes in the cubby to get rid of all those finger prints on your screen. Yike that's going to drive me nuts if my screen looks like that after a few days.
LOL. Thought the same thing. And I barely touched the screen. Keep in mind (1) it was dark (2) you don't see the fingerprints when the screen it lit up (which is 99% of the time). Go through the same thing with my laptop screen--when laptop is off, screen looks like hell; turn the laptop on, don't see any issue.

And I can't access the cubby because my phone holder is wedged in there!

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think a dashcam could sit in that tray and see the road?
I'm no expert but I think the further the camera from the glass, the more likely you'll get refraction and reflection issues affecting your video quality. Maybe it's fine though, just a thought. Personally I'm gonna be aming to put mine in a more standard-ish mounting area behind the rear view mirror.
Sponsored