First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is how Im using my cubby hole. I use this same magnetic mount in all of vehicles including work truck and boat. For under $8 it’s hard to go wrong.

my only advice is to make sure the truck and the mount are warm before sticking on

Ford Maverick Dash cubby phone holder mount installed 55346AA0-60DA-49A1-AB18-F7ACCEB5F8F2

Ford Maverick Dash cubby phone holder mount installed 27FCA8F5-1A97-4ADF-B609-AAAB018B564A

Ford Maverick Dash cubby phone holder mount installed BCD3391F-F349-48CC-B503-AF6B422E45D0
Sponsored

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is EXACTLY what I want to do. Ever since someone posted the actual size of the cubby and I realized an iPhone won't fit... but will sit in front of it. I think I may hardwire the lightning cable through the back of the cubby though. Anyone try that yet? Is there an opening/hole in the back from the factory?

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is how Im using my cubby hole. I use this same magnetic mount in all of vehicles including work truck and boat. For under $8 it’s hard to go wrong.

my only advice is to make sure the truck and the mount are warm before sticking on

View attachment 19042

27FCA8F5-1A97-4ADF-B609-AAAB018B564A.jpeg

BCD3391F-F349-48CC-B503-AF6B422E45D0.jpeg
Nice job, looks like it belongs there. Easy to see and easy to use.

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks fantastic, great idea!

Sponsored

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just noticed that mount is in fact UNDER EIGHT BUCKS on Amazon with over 17k reviews, averaging 4.4 stars. I'm buying one now just for the hell of it.

EDIT: Damn, not quite the deal I had planned. Just realized it's the passive mount (which is fine), but I'm looking to do the wireless charging mount (hardwired). Still for $8 that setup looks great.

MavDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MAZDA 3 Sedan
This is pretty cool buuuuut what's the point if your plugged in with carplay anyways? I've never used carplay/aa but wouldn't you get notifications and such on the 8" screen?

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is pretty cool buuuuut what's the point if your plugged in with carplay anyways? I've never used carplay/aa but wouldn't you get notifications and such on the 8" screen?
Only text notifications will go through CarPlay, so if you wanted to see emails (bad idea while driving, but...) you'd need the phone. Or scoring updates on a game, etc. Plus CarPlay is super driver-safe so notifications won't appear on the screen; just the icon gets a badge and a small pop up appears, but it will read them aloud to you, you can't see the actual texts on the screen.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I like this and is quickly becoming my top idea also. Is the plastic textured or smooth inside the cubby? Wondering if it would be smooth enough for a suction mount with a flexible arm. Cable routing would definitely become a side project for sure.

Sponsored

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only text notifications will go through CarPlay, so if you wanted to see emails (bad idea while driving, but...) you'd need the phone. Or scoring updates on a game, etc. Plus CarPlay is super driver-safe so notifications won't appear on the screen; just the icon gets a badge and a small pop up appears, but it will read them aloud to you, you can't see the actual texts on the screen.
That's true, I forgot about the need to be distracted while driving factor...

Deleted member 6544

Could someone answer me a question about CarPlay, (old guy here)... I've got the SiriusXM app on my iPhone, (No Sirius with XLT trim grrrr). If I have the app open will the app screen show like the pic I've attached. If so will I be able to change channels on the trucks screen vs. having to change on the phone. Thanks.
Ford Maverick Dash cubby phone holder mount installed Sirius

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could someone answer me a question about CarPlay, (old guy here)... I've got the SiriusXM app on my iPhone, (No Sirius with XLT trim grrrr). If I have the app open will the app screen show like the pic I've attached. If so will I be able to change channels on the trucks screen vs. having to change on the phone. Thanks.
Sirius.png
I haven't used it, but a quick search gave me this video. Note: apple carplay works almost identically in all vehicles that support it. The important part is roughly 1.5 minutes into the video.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have a favorite magnetic mount that also allows wireless charging? I think in my iPhone the coil is relatively centered, so that means either an open-ring-style metal stick-on for the inside of the phone case, or a horizontal metal bar stick-on that is either/both above and below the coil?
Sponsored