First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 4 stations programmed on the presets for SiriusXM. That's all I listen to on the whole service. The trick is to call and ask for a discounted price every year. The $18 a month is way too much. You can pay $5 a month if you call and ask for it.
Sponsored

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I let it expire. They offered me an extension for $2 a month or something ultra-cheap and I still said no. The lady seemed surprised when I told her I just wasn't interested at any price other than free.

Sirius is perfectly fine. It's alright, but not better than my own music collection, podcasts and AM radio - all of which keep me very content.

The one bonus of sirius is they play a lot of live cuts, but I suspect that is mostly because it is cheaper to license than the studio versions.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never used it. I barely listen to radio anway so it never came up.

I've always been kinda surprised car companies continue to put it in. I think satellite would be great as an add on module, but the preinstalled hardware in loads of cars can't be cheap.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have Sirius XM and not subscribe? I know many can't live without it and it is their choice if they subscribe. I am still waiting on my Lariat hybrid I have on order with the lux package. I like a lot of the things in the lux package but don't want the Sirius XM because I don't want to pay to listen to things I can hear on my FM radio. Once the trail subscription runs out, that's it.
The only reasons I have it is because there was no choice but to have it with the package I ordered and have it with the truck in case it has any trade-in value.
BTW, my present vehicle has Sirius XM and after the trial ran out, I just listen to my FM radio and am quite happy with it. Am I all alone on this or are there others out there?
Not alone. But I don't spend a lot of time in my vehicles and when I do, I listen to iheart or tune in free to radio stations all over this wide vast country.
Oh and I also have prime music so I can listen to just about anything.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
?? I virtually never lose Sirius signal in any of my 5 cars that have it.

Does AM/FM work in a tunnel?

I mean, it's satellite technology. Go under a bridge or park in a building such as your garage and you either won't get a signal or it'll cut in and out.

I just went under a bridge in my Sirius radio cut off which is what reminded me of this thread.

Sponsored

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had my Mav since December and still don't pay for it neither do I listen to it. I really don't care for it free why would I pay for it. I just use pandora.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had Sirius in the past (both of my last two cars), but with the XLT I don't have it. After paying for it for a year, I canceled it. Then, whenever there was a free period, I'd have it but hardly ever listened to it. I use Pandora radio, and sometimes Spotify. I'm much happier with it than I was with Sirius. And I rarely listen to FM radio. Hasn't been a good radio station since the late 70's or early 80's.
Don't listen to FM as much anymore but whenever I do it's the same station I've been listening to for over 50 years. WXRT in NE Illinois. Wondering about options for the Mav. I think that cubby is gonna hold thumb drives.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have Sirius XM and not subscribe?
Yes. Untold (tens? hundreds? of) thousands of drivers with built-in SXM do not subscribe to it because they have no interest in it.

3 vehicles in a row have had SXM built into Sync 3; never once have I subscribed.

Also rarely use FM and even more rarely AM, given a preference for music stored on a flash drive or streamed through Android Auto.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have Sirius XM and not subscribe? I know many can't live without it and it is their choice if they subscribe. I am still waiting on my Lariat hybrid I have on order with the lux package. I like a lot of the things in the lux package but don't want the Sirius XM because I don't want to pay to listen to things I can hear on my FM radio. Once the trail subscription runs out, that's it.
The only reasons I have it is because there was no choice but to have it with the package I ordered and have it with the truck in case it has any trade-in value.
BTW, my present vehicle has Sirius XM and after the trial ran out, I just listen to my FM radio and am quite happy with it. Am I all alone on this or are there others out there?
I thought I couldn't live without SiriusXM and just as soon as I took possession of my XL last November, I installed a SiriusXM Commander Touch. I love the oldies channels and sometimes talk radio.

I downloaded my entire 13 GB music library on an old-old 20 GB mini external hard drive and have been listening to that in my XL. My SiriusXM had been dormant for the last three weeks or so—course, I con't drive a lot. I like my music library as much or more than the 50's, 60's, 70's, Beatles, Buffet, Roadhouse, etc. channels on SiriusXM. I'm still on trial for a few months, but will most likely take the Commander Touch out of my truck and cancel my subscription in favor of the HD. At home, I have a 20 year old SiriusXM radio with a lifetime subscription that I listen to. The interface is a little more cumbersome, but it still works great. The best thing I like about using the hard drive in my XL, instead of the SiriusXM, is having control on the main audio screen.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a lot on there you won’t find anywhere else, but I have never paid for it, just listen during Free periods. I like country music, but not most of the stuff out of Nashville, prefer Red Dirt artists from Oklahoma and Texas. Sirius has stations that play many of those bands. They also have a station that plays Canadian country bands.
Off topic I know, but I love the Outlaw music of Texas and Oklahoma.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wife loves it. If I need it I will just stream over my phone. I only listened to a few channels anyway. Although I will call and try to get it cheaper.

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I listen to SiriusXM almost exclusively on my present vehicle, but like someone earlier mentioned, I only listen to about 10 of the channels. Mostly NASCAR Channel 90.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had Sirius since 2007. Bought a lifetime subscription with my Stiletto 2 in 2009. Grandfathered in with a lifetime 200k per second stream. I'll pair my phone via Andriod Auto like I do with my Transit 250 work truck. On demand, limited editions, artist specific, weekly countdowns from the 60's to present day, the list is endless.

My second subscription is on the family Edge. I pay 9.99 a month for Music Showcase. A new customer can get the streaming only option for 4.99 per month.

The key to avoiding an auto renewal for full price is paying with an SXM digital prepaid card. I purchase a $50 and a $30 every six months since SXM will not let you use prepaid cards for annual subscriptions. After the music royalty fee it comes to less than 70 twice a year.

What are the radio commercials everyone complains about?

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I ever listen to is AM talk radio…..
Ford is slowly starting to remove AM radio from some of their models, starting with the Lightning, citing AM interference from all-electric drivetrains, last I saw.

Let's not pretend about the primary use of AM talk radio - raising people's blood pressure and getting them angry, and I don't mean over sports.
Sponsored