Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have Sirius XM and not subscribe? I know many can't live without it and it is their choice if they subscribe. I am still waiting on my Lariat hybrid I have on order with the lux package. I like a lot of the things in the lux package but don't want the Sirius XM because I don't want to pay to listen to things I can hear on my FM radio. Once the trail subscription runs out, that's it.
The only reasons I have it is because there was no choice but to have it with the package I ordered and have it with the truck in case it has any trade-in value.
BTW, my present vehicle has Sirius XM and after the trial ran out, I just listen to my FM radio and am quite happy with it. Am I all alone on this or are there others out there?
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a lot on there you won’t find anywhere else, but I have never paid for it, just listen during Free periods. I like country music, but not most of the stuff out of Nashville, prefer Red Dirt artists from Oklahoma and Texas. Sirius has stations that play many of those bands. They also have a station that plays Canadian country bands.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All I ever listen to is AM talk radio…..

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, don't want it or need it. If I was on the road eight hours a day then I might consider it.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not worth the price in my opinion because most listeners only listen to 5 channels when there are 800-900+ but I do enjoy it sometimes. Good for FOX news, local traffic, uncommon genres of music like Reggae, etc. Less commercials than regular radio or none at all depending on the channel.

You will have reception where AM/FM wont and wont have to switch between AM/FM stations while driving hundreds of miles away.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does anyone have Sirius XM and not subscribe? I know many can't live without it and it is their choice if they subscribe. I am still waiting on my Lariat hybrid I have on order with the lux package. I like a lot of the things in the lux package but don't want the Sirius XM because I don't want to pay to listen to things I can hear on my FM radio. Once the trail subscription runs out, that's it.
The only reasons I have it is because there was no choice but to have it with the package I ordered and have it with the truck in case it has any trade-in value.
BTW, my present vehicle has Sirius XM and after the trial ran out, I just listen to my FM radio and am quite happy with it. Am I all alone on this or are there others out there?
I also had a trial and while I kinda liked Sirius I wasn't sure it was worth it and let it go. Guess I'm a chronic channel changer. Lots of choices where I live too. Listening to Howard Stern got old pretty quick. Wouldn't mind it if it was cheaper.

Tyler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Ascent, 2023 Mavrick (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t bother with Sirius, and glad my maverick won’t have it so I won’t have to deal with the years of phone calls, text messages, letters, emails, carrier pigeons, and smoke signals they send you once the trial is over trying to get you to subscribe.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use CarPlay and Apple Music exclusively, even if Sirius was free 100% of the time I still wouldn't use it.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The best ~$100 i spend a year on my cars. No commercials , and the FM stations don’t fade out and change on trips..

And I download the app free to my phone (by virtue of my other subscriptions) and play on my Maverick

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The best ~$100 i spend a year on my cars. No commercials , and the FM stations don’t fade out and change on trips..
But go under a bridge, in a tunnel, or just near some trees and no signal. So trade offs.

Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had Sirius in the past (both of my last two cars), but with the XLT I don't have it. After paying for it for a year, I canceled it. Then, whenever there was a free period, I'd have it but hardly ever listened to it. I use Pandora radio, and sometimes Spotify. I'm much happier with it than I was with Sirius. And I rarely listen to FM radio. Hasn't been a good radio station since the late 70's or early 80's.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know your radio has an ON/OFF feature don't you? Nobody will force you to listen to SiriusXM or anything else you don't want to listen to. SMH.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was paying for it for a while on my Edge. Cancelled it and don't miss it. Despite having many channels there were few I wanted. For better variety I would have to use the app. At that point might as well use Spotify. Now I just use radio or Spotify.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use CarPlay and Apple Music exclusively, even if Sirius was free 100% of the time I still wouldn't use it.
You'd be surprised. I'm on a Spotify family plan and pay for Tidal Music, which is higher quality than any of them, and still listen to XM quite a bit. Oh, and mine IS free, for the last 2 years or so. If you search Google hard enough you can find how to activate a 3 month trial, every 3 months. 😉

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But go under a bridge, in a tunnel, or just near some trees and no signal. So trade offs.

?? I virtually never lose Sirius signal in any of my 5 cars that have it.

Does AM/FM work in a tunnel?

Sponsored