First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobody knows? Engineer said few days ago, this may not have anything to do with the airbags. Dealership has their power back as of Saturday. So Monday I’ll be screaming on the phone to get this figured out !!!!!!! Or flatbed it somewhere that can (Dearborn?)
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobody knows? Engineer said few days ago, this may not have anything to do with the airbags. Dealership has their power back as of Saturday. So Monday I’ll be screaming on the phone to get this figured out !!!!!!! Or flatbed it somewhere that can (Dearborn?)
Screaming on the phone should work 👍

OP
OP

Joesann

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talked again with the dealer on 2/27 they said there’s a short on wire harness under the passenger front seat?????? It will be 4 weeks this Tuesday.
Still with no power dead in the stall

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Talked again with the dealer on 2/27 they said there’s a short on wire harness under the passenger front seat?????? It will be 4 weeks this Tuesday.
Still with no power dead in the stall
Hello there. I'd like to look into things on my end. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

OP
OP

Joesann

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Problem solved. 31 days later. A wire got pinched in the air bag replacement. Took all this time for the Tech and engineers to find it. Service manager was very upfront and honest. He also went out of his to make sure we were happy. It was unfortunate that it happened to us but hopefully they will learn from it and it won’t happen to anyone else. Having been in the auto industry for 26 years, I know these things happen.
After driving a Lincoln Corsair as a rental for the last month. I like driving our Maverick better. Glad this is over
Happy to have our Maverick back!

Ford Maverick Side curtain airbag recall left Maverick dead 1BFEB863-E9F5-4A25-9B3A-B4AE400ED997

Sponsored

jolkowsk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 XL hybrid is currently dead in the stall after the airbag service. The dealer has been working with Ford and they have yet to find the fault. I have shared this post with the dealer and they are referencing it back to Ford.

I am the owner of three newer Ford products that all came from the same dealer. I trust the service department and they have gone out of their was so far. Ford needs to step up and help the dealers out with these recalls. I am a regular fixture at the dealership as at least one of my vehicles has a recall on it.

I will keep everyone posted. Three days and counting. I waited a year for my Maverick and the thought of not getting it back is concerning.

If anyone from Ford is paying attention to these posts, I would like to mention that my current loaner vehicle is a GMC product. The dealer was kind enough to immediately provide me with a loaner, but as they are low on new inventory they provided me with a car from their used inventory.

I currently own a 2017 Ford Focus, 2018 Ford F250 Diesel and my 2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid.

Last edited:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worrisome - Mine is going in next week - Service guy says 2 days at least in the shop.

jolkowsk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 XL hybrid is currently dead in the stall after the airbag service. The dealer has been working with Ford and they have yet to find the fault. I have shared this post with the dealer and they are referencing it back to Ford.

I am the owner of three newer Ford products that all came from the same dealer. I trust the service department and they have gone out of their was so far. Ford needs to step up and help the dealers out with these recalls. I am a regular fixture at the dealership as at least one of my vehicles has a recall on it.

I will keep everyone posted. Three days and counting. I waited a year for my Maverick and the thought of not getting it back is concerning.

If anyone from Ford is paying attention to these posts, I would like to mention that my current loaner vehicle is a GMC product. The dealer was kind enough to immediately provide me with a loaner, but as they are low on new inventory they provided me with a car from their used inventory.

I currently own a 2017 Ford Focus, 2018 Ford F250 Diesel and my 2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid.

jolkowsk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So folks, another two days and no progress on bringing my Maverick back to life. I talked with the service manager yesterday and he indicated that Ford had indicated that they have seen incidents of frayed wires under the passenger seat. Apparently, the side curtain airbag wiring terminates under the seat. So we have gone from replacing faulty airbags to frayed wiring? Cone on Ford, where is Quality Job One anymore?

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So folks, another two days and no progress on bringing my Maverick back to life. I talked with the service manager yesterday and he indicated that Ford had indicated that they have seen incidents of frayed wires under the passenger seat. Apparently, the side curtain airbag wiring terminates under the seat. So we have gone from replacing faulty airbags to frayed wiring? Cone on Ford, where is Quality Job One anymore?
Yowsa- Thanks for the update. Hope the Maverick has a more speedy recovery in store..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus St
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took our 22 Maverick Hybrid to our dealership for the side curtain airbag recall. Tech did the repair and now the vehicle is dead in his stall with no power
They don’t know why?
I’m going to jump to, hybrid wiring harness

ross3x

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My side airbag recall took 3 days as an electrical pin in the headliner got pinched/ popped apart and they needed to take the whole thing apart re-do everything. It looks like there is a GREAT opportunity for training the techs on procedure with this recall and how to replace the parts.
Sponsored