Sponsored

Showing off the Maverick to random interested folks.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had many family members and neighbors ask about the truck when passing by my house. My one neighbor that I rarely talk to actually walked over from his yard and said "Man I love the color, what is it?" I gave him the nickel tour and he was shocked at the price and mileage.

Yesterday I had my first SHOUT from an F150 owner driving down the state route next to me. "How do you like it" he said "Love it" I said. he said he had one on order and I replied with "I'm getting 43.5 MPG" he grinned real big and I did too. It was pretty neat. I am going to take it to a cars and coffee to see the reactions I get, or not get.
That "neat" feeling gets even better when you meet up with a fellow Maverick owner.
Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any updates on this?
Yes a week ago someone followed me into my work parking lot and asked me about the Maverick. Was kind of surprised but was pleased that someone was interested.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes a week ago someone followed me into my work parking lot and asked me about the Maverick. Was kind of surprised but was pleased that someone was interested.
That's great! I actually had a neighbor pedal by on his bike. He told me he'd seen the Maverick in the neighborhood, but when he saw me drive by his house he hopped his bike and followed me. Made a new friend that day.
If I had paperwork, I swear I could have sold my truck five times over!

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am missing this reference: " Cameron's dad rubbing his Ferrari Daytona replica with a diaper." - would like to know, so I can enjoy the depth of humor here.... TIA
Ford Maverick Showing off the Maverick to random interested folks. 540FFA64-19AD-40E8-BFBA-A22F03CF1EAE

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I test drove one (XLT FX-4, black with black rims, owned by Ford corporate for dealer training and not for sale) last fall when they began hitting dealer lots, it had a few rubber neckers and finger pointing when I drove by.

Then last weekend at a local brewery I parked behind a Hot Pepper Red XLT FX-4. Saw the owner, guy in 70s approached his truck and, told him that is the exact color and trim I plan on getting, and I asked him how he liked it and his purchasing experience with the local dealer (dealer called him on this retail order if he was interested and bit the bullet). He came from owning many Rangers and bought many vehicles from the local Ford dealer so he was happy with his new Mav.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a reference to the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off in which Alan Ruck (Cameron) would use a diaper to detail the Ferrari. Before the microfiber came about, we would use cloth diapers due to their high quality cotton. Good enough for a baby, then good enough for your car.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had another "Curious George" when I was at the UPS Store yesterday. He was driving a Full size Silverado. He said no way he would fit. He got in and was amazed at the roominess of the front seats. That makes 4 showings. Hey Ford I want a commission. By opening the door when he got in., the Mileage for my trip showed. It was 50.5 MPG. Almost had a free set of dentures when his jaw dropped.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had another "Curious George" when I was at the UPS Store yesterday. He was driving a Full size Silverado. He said no way I would fit. He got in and was amazed at the roominess of the front seats. That makes 4 showings. Hey Ford I want a commission. By opening the door when he got in., the Mileage for my trip showed. It was 50.5 MPG. Almost had a free set of dentures when his jaw dropped.
We're turning into a cult!!

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought I would bump this thread. Yesterday I made the first of several trips to my local Home Depot store. I was getting into my truck to go home when a lady walked up to ask me about my truck.

Turns out she ordered an Maverick back in October (Area 51 Hybrid Lariat), and had just gotten an email indicating her truck was going to get built the first week of November. She said she had never actually sat inside a Maverick and asked permission to sit inside. Of course, I told her.

She really liked my truck and I was happy to show it off. I wish now I had asked her / told her about this MTC forum to see if she was already on here or not.

• Love
Reactions: Dad
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talk about random: Yesterday, wife opens the garage door to find the following parked in front of our house . . . two fire engines including a 50 foot hook and ladder rig with rear steering and an ambulance. We have already experienced several tragedies on our little street including our house fire and a neighbor's death, so yeah, we were concerned. Turned out another neighbor had a bit of high blood pressure. Paramedics told us she would be ok. Anyway to the point . . . my Maverick was parked in my driveway and a couple of firefighters started asking me about the truck. Ok, maybe this is an everyday occurrence for you guys, but it just seemed an odd time to be talking about a truck! Turns out one of them had a 100 mile commute and his full-size truck was killing him on gas expenses. So, I showcased the truck while my street was filled with emergency vehicles and my neighbor sat in the ambulance. Weird, right? By the way, why do they dispatch a hook & ladder fire truck for a medical call?

Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was at the gas station for its once a month fill up and saw a F250 or F350 using two pumps to fill his tanks.
He had heavy duty stamped on the tailgate. Could tell it was an obvious work truck, so I ask why so much extra gas. His reply he travels about 300 miles per day and it allows him to only fill up every other day.
He said His cost 1000 a week on gas! I said 55 per month for over 500miles per tank full.
Crazy the Maverick now achieved 2 mpg over avg on my 9 yr old Prius.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was at the gas station for its once a month fill up and saw a F250 or F350 using two pumps to fill his tanks.
He had heavy duty stamped on the tailgate. Could tell it was an obvious work truck, so I ask why so much extra gas. His reply he travels about 300 miles per day and it allows him to only fill up every other day.
He said His cost 1000 a week on gas! I said 55 per month for over 500miles per tank full.
Crazy the Maverick now achieved 2 mpg over avg on my 9 yr old Prius.
Gas expense is a huge issue for working guys (and gals) using work trucks and no doubt contributing to the rise in price of just about everything. Ford has the F-150 Lightening, but rumor has it that it has only a 100 mile stretch between charges and a charge takes about 8 hours. Not practical and probably more costly fuel-wise than plain gasoline. I could be wrong ... haven't done my own research on that truck nor do I want to turn this into a Lightening forum.

FESTUS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here in Indiana where i live we have a huge car and truck show every LABOR DAY weekend it happens on the Friday before and vehicles of all kinds go for many blocks. i put my Velocity Blue mav 2.0 in the show and it was a big hit. Everyone was very interested in the truck.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talk about random: Yesterday, wife opens the garage door to find the following parked in front of our house . . . two fire engines including a 50 foot hook and ladder rig with rear steering and an ambulance. We have already experienced several tragedies on our little street including our house fire and a neighbor's death, so yeah, we were concerned. Turned out another neighbor had a bit of high blood pressure. Paramedics told us she would be ok. Anyway to the point . . . my Maverick was parked in my driveway and a couple of firefighters started asking me about the truck. Ok, maybe this is an everyday occurrence for you guys, but it just seemed an odd time to be talking about a truck! Turns out one of them had a 100 mile commute and his full-size truck was killing him on gas expenses. So, I showcased the truck while my street was filled with emergency vehicles and my neighbor sat in the ambulance. Weird, right? By the way, why do they dispatch a hook & ladder fire truck for a medical call?
Tom, you should do some videos to show off your Mav like this channel. I will sub!

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In case the high blood pressure was caused by three alarm chili.
Sponsored