First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be 68 in January. Took delivery of my '23 Lariat EcoBoost AWD in Alto Blue on March 7th, and it now has about 9,500 miles. It's a great little truck, nice ride and I'm enjoying the B&O sound system. The only things I've done to this point has been adding the spray-in bedliner, window tinting, ceramic coating, chrome tailgate letting and used some Ford Pass points for the splash guards.
Sponsored

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 74 and waited 11 months and 5 days to finally receive my Cactus Grey XLT Hybrid. It was worth the wait....I love this pretty little rig. Great gas mileage, smooth handling and plenty of bells and whistles to keep this old timer amused. Looking forward to the convenience of the heated seats and steering wheel to get me through another cold Canadian winter.
IMG_4333.jpeg
Looks like my 2023 rollover. I was a month shy of 74 when I drove mine home last February, after waiting 482 days, on a 12°F day in Central Maine. You're gonna love the heated seats and steering wheel ❤👍

MavTrucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like my 2023 rollover. I was a month shy of 74 when I drove mine home last February, after waiting 482 days, on a 12°F day in Central Maine. You're gonna love the heated seats and steering wheel ❤👍
I already do love them...especially the steering wheel. Got her snow tires installed last Thursday...now ready for winter. Let's hope it's a mild one here in the northeast. All the best to you.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How old am I? Well I remember my first horseless carriage was a...uh, never mind. Anyway, picked up my Area 51, 23 Lariat Hybrid last week and I've already spent the wife's butter and egg money on everything from bed liner to tail gate letters. Love the truck so far.

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I may have posted elsewhere, somewhere. Can’t recall…LOL.
76 yo, with new 2023 XLT 2.0 EB.

Spent past 12 years traveling, camping with fiver RV, towed by F250 diesel. Sold RV, then downsized truck to this Maverick.
Age creep changing lifestyle.

Sponsored

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I already do love them...especially the steering wheel. Got her snow tires installed last Thursday...now ready for winter. Let's hope it's a mild one here in the northeast. All the best to you.
We haven't gone to PEI since 2005 so we're long overdue. Here's to a mild winter and an early spring 🍻

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey now I resemble that. Wait I think that is wrong some how. Let me think about this.
I'm close to 81 and if I'm going to contemplate OGT (Old Geezer Teezer's) I might better eat an extra Brazil Nut.

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will be turning 70 this March . On my second Maverick . First one was an XL 4 K tow ,new one is a Tremor . Love this little truck . I also ride a Honda CRF 300L bike .Picked up a Aliner Scout camper for a big trip out East this summer . Do not feel old yet .

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ahh
Hello all. I just turned 68 and still working in IT. I sold my Toyota MR2 and Tacoma and bought my 2023 Maverick Lariat Lux CP360 hybrid atlas blue. Just 1000 miles on it so far. Enjoying driving it very much. Max mileage on a drive in town was 65 mpg! Average is 40.

I used to make calls by cranking our phone that had two very large dry cells next to it for power. The operator named Tillie would answer and ask what two digit number I wanted (our town had only 350 people). She used the central office switchboard to connect me to who I wanted to talk to. In the 60s they brought in dial phone service with party lines.

Shows I watched on a black and white TV were Ed Sullivan Show, Rawhide, I Love Lucy, The Wild Wild West, Bewitched, Jack LaLane, Truth or Consequences, and Jeopardy when I was home sick from school.
Yes party lines!! Our ring was long-short-short. I had a friend who had a "rich" daddy who paid extra for long-long-short-short for his kids whereas if you wanted to call his parents you would crank long-long-short. The guy had a sister and he complained a lot about when he got calls the other kids in the party group would pick-up to see if she had a boyfriend?

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back in the day, my grandmother had the only color TV in the family. I remember going over to her house on Sundays to watch TV in color. Us kids had to beg the adults to switch from Lawrence Welk to Bonanza.

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back in the day, my grandmother had the only color TV in the family. I remember going over to her house on Sundays to watch TV in color. Us kids had to beg the adults to switch from Lawrence Welk to Bonanza.
In the Midwest, where I grew up, Lawrence Welk and Petticoat Junction was on at the same time. Dad would watch Petticoat Junction and mom would watch Lawrence Welk if dad was working in the fields. Also our first color TV was 1985. That was when the US Navy transfered me from Quantico to the USS Inchon and I gave my color tv to my family.

wb5oxq

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat in Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am 76. My Mav, 2023 Lariat AWD Ecoboost 4K tow black appearance group. Bought it Sept 5, 2023 at Planet Ford in Spring, TX (Houston) I originally owned 2 Maverick cars 1969 and 1970. I have driven Fords since 1965 when I bought a 55 club Victoria. Not exclusively though. Had a few other brands through the years. My dad was always a Ford man but did buy a couple of Mercurys.

Ford Maverick Senior citizen Maverick owners thread IMG_0919
Sponsored