Selling below MSRP

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
For anyone in the Midwest planning to order a 2023 Maverick Louisburg ford in Louisburg Kansas sells all vehicles including the maverick at $50 over dealer invoice.

How does this compare to MSRP for the Maverick. Is this better than some of the 3% below MSRP that others offered for MY22? Any catches like filing fees?

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How does this compare to MSRP for the Maverick. Is this better than some of the 3% below MSRP that others offered for MY22? Any catches like filing fees?
For the Maverick, 3% below MSRP is better. I have an order at Chapman which is 3% below INVOICE. The invoice difference depends on trim and options but I have a fairly loaded Lariat hybrid and invoice is about $900 below MSRP. The 3% below MSRP would be about $1000 off the same one. So not much about $100-150 better doing 3% below MSRP.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got 500 under MSRP when I preordered my Maverick today but that is gone now as the deal was valid for orders placed on August 2 only. Thank you Ford.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got 500 under MSRP when I preordered my Maverick today but that is gone now as the deal was valid for orders placed on August 2 only. Thank you Ford.
The dealership isnā€™t going to honor their promotion bc Ford moved the date that Maverick order banks open?!
Iā€™d find another dealer.

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For the Maverick, 3% below MSRP is better. I have an order at Chapman which is 3% below INVOICE. The invoice difference depends on trim and options but I have a fairly loaded Lariat hybrid and invoice is about $900 below MSRP. The 3% below MSRP would be about $1000 off the same one. So not much about $100-150 better doing 3% below MSRP.
When I bought mine at Chapman, all of my options/packages were at dealer invoice so I saved more there too.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealership isnā€™t going to honor their promotion bc Ford moved the date that Maverick order banks open?!
Iā€™d find another dealer.
Funny you posted that. Spoke to my dealer last evening and they are going to honor the $500.00 discount. As it turns out, it was misunderstanding on my part not their's.

Now if I can just lock in a decent APR on September 15 on my Tremor I will be living in Fat City.

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
My local dealership just told me they sell all their non-EV vehciles below MSRP. Apparently they value customer loyalty and experience better than profit. I know they sell a butt-ton of Fords though. I will be placing my order with them as soon as the order banks open next month.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny you posted that. Spoke to my dealer last evening and they are going to honor the $500.00 discount. As it turns out, it was misunderstanding on my part not their's.

Now if I can just lock in a decent APR on September 15 on my Tremor I will be living in Fat City.
Ford was planning a special APR promotion for Ecoboosts in August before it pushed back to September; hopefully theyā€™ll extend that as well.

Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just trying to get my ducks in a row here and have a short list going for places to try and order a 23 from. Firstly, thank you for pointing out this dealership as I had not heard of them until I found this thread. Anyways, I'm looking through their inventory, and the $50 above invoice is mentioned throughout, so all is good and well right? Not exactly, as I've noticed nearly all of the vehicles have $1,495 or $1,995 "Dealer Added Options" yet I don't see anything in the descriptions that would indicate what exactly is being added by the dealer? (Other than the obvious change in price) Anyone know what these add-ons are? Are these mandatory add-ons?

Example, a few fine looking Escapes:
Ford Maverick Selling below MSRP 1661811620925

Long story short, I'm looking for a straight up below MSRP deal on a new order. At delivery, will Louisburg give me $50 above invoice, or are they going to do $50 above invoice and then tack on $1.5-2k of dealer added options?

Thanks for your help.

Also wanted to share, their Admin fee is posted as $399 (fair if you ask me).

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
$6085 "Dealer Added Options" to this Ranger Tremor, which has no visible add-ons beyond what the window sticker shows?

Seems odd this place would even flaunt the $50 over invoice price, then just add a markup from there? Like that's somehow better than just adding a smaller markup to MSRP and arriving at the same number?

Ford Maverick Selling below MSRP 1661812830926

Anybody on here who has taken delivery from Louisburg care to share how things worked out?

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Fuck them, just find elsewhere.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Fuck them, just find elsewhere.
I've reached out to the them but have yet to hear back. Hope I didn't come across rude, I just don't see why they advertise $50 above invoice and then add a markup from there. If they just added a smaller markup to MSRP, they could end up at the same number but look like they're ripping you off less?

IDK, I assume a customer retail order will be done at $50 above invoice and they're just adding a bit of markup to their stock orders, which I can sort of understand. Even though dealers like Granger aren't adding markup to their limited stock. In fact, most of Granger's stock is slightly discounted from MSRP. It's too bad Granger isn't accepting Maverick orders on day one of banks opening. I might give this Louisburg a shot, I just don't want any games come delivery time.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm also waiting to see the 2023 numbers, if I can get MSRP locally that might be more worthwhile than going all the way to Kansas City. $50 above invoice would be great if one is local. Down here I'm lucky to find one to commit to MSRP, not to mention most have $1000 doc fees as well :cautious:
Sponsored