First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL, that will have a less chance of happening for marketing in the US as the '69 Mets winning the World Series :D:

Trade sanctions, NHTSA, no dealerships, freight cost from China, . . .

I just want a Maverick.
Sounds good if you say it fast enough
Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wishing them nothing but failure, Can't stand copycats hate it when some else does all the hard work takes risks wins the love of the public and some other bozo see's success and tries to cash in on it. Me too crowd never gets old

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drove my daughters Rav 4 ok kinda car but wow was it slow. No thanks.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wishing them nothing but failure, Can't stand copycats hate it when some else does all the hard work takes risks wins the love of the public and some other bozo see's success and tries to cash in on it. Me too crowd never gets old
So Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota should not not all be building 1/2 ton pickups?
Competition creates innovation and better pricing.
We should have have choice of small pickups.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL, that will have a less chance of happening for marketing in the US as the '69 Mets winning the World Series :D:

Trade sanctions, NHTSA, no dealerships, freight cost from China, . . .

I just want a Maverick.
It's going to happen It's just a matter of when. GM is already very involved through joint ventures and direct ownership of manufacturing plants in China.
No dealerships aren't a problem. They will probably enter through existing brands. As GM did years ago selling Japanese vehicles under the GEO moniker.

Geely owns Lotus and Volvo Cars

GM is currently selling the Chinese made Buick Envision in the US.

Attachments

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's going to happen It's just a matter of when. GM is already very involved through joint ventures and direct ownership of manufacturing plants in China.
No dealerships aren't a problem. They will probably enter through existing brands. As GM did years ago selling Japanese vehicles under the GEO moniker.

Geely owns Lotus and Volvo Cars

GM is currently selling the Chinese made Buick Envision in the US.
Be intrested how this shakes out next 5 years with EV because i do see change coming.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Be intrested how this shakes out next 5 years with EV because i do see change coming.
My 18 Rav4 AWD Hybrid rides great in ECO Mode, 33/34 miles to a gallon… in SPORT Mode it is a speedy beast. And goes to about 31 MPG.. but honestly it’s my 3rd totally problem Free RAV4. I would jump on a RAV4 pickup hybrid AWD.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, I've seen too many other stories claiming the same thing and they all have some photo-shopped image of another brand(S) vehicles with a Toyota badge shopped on the nose.

I'll hold out for a Santa Cruz before I'd shop for a Toyota competitor to the Maverick.

I worked and a Toyota dealership and was amazed by the sheer number of recalls/TSBs. I'm thinking that they're shooting to take the title away from the domestics. Just like Ford, they averaged at least one a day and also had to revise many of them several times too.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota should not not all be building 1/2 ton pickups?
Competition creates innovation and better pricing.
We should have have choice of small pickups.
there is zero innovation in copycats. someone else did the hard work and took the risks ( that was the innovation) everyone else is just jumping on the bandwagon.

And there was no mention on what size pickups should be built!!!

Just the fact that most of these clowns don't bother taking the risks that Ford did by designing and building the mav regardless what its impact would be to the Ranger and F150 sales.

Some folks like to buy things just because they can, some folks buy things because their neighbor got one. And like me some buy things because it provides a solution and fits their lifestyle.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

INNOVATION????
Japan CREATED innovation. Without the original Civc, Sentra, and smal Japanese pickups, we would still be driving 3 ton behemoths getting 8 mpg.

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well the Japanese didn't really create the first compact cars. Western Europe had the post WW2 micro cars and the UK had the Mini Cooper among others. Small Japanese pickups came before the Ford Ranger and Chevy S-10's though.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

European compact car were and ARE crap. Triumph, Fiat, Renailt, Yugo, ad nauseum. The disease has even spread to Jaguar, Mercedes, Audi and VW.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1666401894722.png

You think this is ugly?
That is 100% ugly, and not truck like in any way other than an open cargo area. It's a SUV with the rear windows and roof removed.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

AWD could have been done right from the beginning if they didn't insist on using almost the same suspension as what was being used on the recently discontinued Ford Fiesta cars. The only issue holding back AWD is there isn't room to fit in the AWD components using this suspension. I have no idea the rational for using 2 different suspensions except for them having a significant backlog of parts and they did it to use them up.
AWD Hybrid would've just added 20% more hybrid orders that Ford can't figure out how to build.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid