FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I recall, the Lariat Lux package has a heavier windscreen. Maybe that helps. I haven't seen any underwood adding i any of the photos. Possible factor...
how's the road noise in that Super7? :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

papak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I definitely prefer to drive with earplugs but the noise is more due to the wind than mechanical sounds.

Wixron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if anyone has seen any testing on low noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) levels. The first thing I noticed when I got on the Freeway the first day I picked up my Mav was how loud it was. I am not talking about the engine. You can barely hear that, but the actual noise of the tires on the road and wind noise on the windshield. I own several cars that are 2011 and newer, and the maverick is the loudest by far. And all the other vehicles have class E M&S tires that should be louder. Maybe due to being closer to the ground than the other cars I drive. I had a 2016 Tesla Model X, and I know it is an electric motor, but the inside of that car was as quiet as they come, probably a lot more aerodynamic and Dynamat throughout...
Could be the tires causing a lot of the problem... any off road tire is going to be louder than A road tire

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Patrick. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Regarding screen display rattle for Ford Maverick XL, AWD, EB;
VIN 3FTTW8F9XNRA67695, Build date mid July 2022, Dealer O.C. Welch Ford, Hardeeville, SC

Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I put Michelin LTXs on and it helped some of the tire noise. Overall the truck isn't too bad. We've done some 3 hour drives and it wasn't unbearable. My Ram 3500 is dead silent inside, even towing 18K lbs. But, that's a $90K+ truck too.
Too?

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nice flex re the tesla. Are you seriously comparing a high end luxury electric to a cheap pickup truck?

There basically isn't much noise dampening in the mav. If you watch vids of people taking off door panels there is none. None under the hood either. That's what you get for a sub $20k vehicle. Amazon carries self adhesive sound dampening sheets if it's important. I am thinking about doing that if it feels too noisy but other people's reviews say it's fine. Will have to wait and see.
you can take it to a linex shop. They have sound deadening sprays that con be applied to the undercarriage that can help. I am thinking about doing it myself to help with the road noise.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if anyone has seen any testing on low noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) levels. The first thing I noticed when I got on the Freeway the first day I picked up my Mav was how loud it was. I am not talking about the engine. You can barely hear that, but the actual noise of the tires on the road and wind noise on the windshield. I own several cars that are 2011 and newer, and the maverick is the loudest by far. And all the other vehicles have class E M&S tires that should be louder. Maybe due to being closer to the ground than the other cars I drive. I had a 2016 Tesla Model X, and I know it is an electric motor, but the inside of that car was as quiet as they come, probably a lot more aerodynamic and Dynamat throughout...
And about 30 grand more

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you just can’t stand it anymore might I suggest a CONTROL Cone of Silence. Should be able to pick one up for about 20K which should be no problem if you are used to far more expensive vehicles than your Maverick.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Lariat with sound shield wind shield. No wind noise. Road noise is only a bit loud on the roughest highways. Creaks and rattles are 0. Also most OEM tires don’t help. I think it only needs sound deadening sheets on back panel of passenger compartment. I do plan to add it in that area.
I took the front carpeted floor mats and put them behind the back bench seats along with winter gear.

Sponsored

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found that tire road noise was related to condition of the roadway . fortunately on are trip to Baltimore and back to FL . most roads were ok . rough roads were louder . tires have a lot to do with road noise . maverick Levels of noise is about the same level as our Camry .

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And about 30 grand more
I am currently out of town and I am renting a Ford Edge. For what it’s worth my Maverick has less air noise than the Edge. It’s the SEL model. You would think that a vehicle with all of the bells and whistles would be more quiet than a budget pickup.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just turn down my hearing aid. Very quiet in all conditions.

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
I nhaven't been on the highway much yet, but my Maverick Lariat with lux package and 18" Michelin tires is quieter than my F150 was. The lux package has a noise reducer windshield that also helps. That and my radio is always on, there is that....
Sponsored