First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Annnnnd that’s clearly a Cactus Gray in the pics they listed it as blue but the window sticker says it’s Area 51. I mean come on!
For 15g extra? Who cares what color it is, or what color was in the picture!?!?!
If the color advertised and the window sticker color matched, would it be better? 😀😀😀
Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The usual suspects who love charging more or paying more for less have shown up... y'all never disappoint.

No worries Don. Just exercise a little patience and show up at a Ford dealer on July 17th at 8am. Then be ready to take receipt of your truck in the Spring. Order the truck you want, instead of settling for one a flipper spec'd. Production will pickup, unfulfilled MY2023 orders will be purged, buyers will move on, the trucks will become more readily available. Patience.

The flippers, scalpers, and others who earn a living extracting maximum cash from every deal they strike (they call it value, themselves facilitators, and regard their kind as geniuses of sort) will explain to us that hell has frozen over and we no longer have any leverage and must hand piles of cash to those lucky enough to have received a Maverick by chance.

The whole Maverick market is a blip it time.. an outlyer..No one is supposed to hand over obscene quantities of cash to purchase a rapidly decreasing asset (and yes, once production has increased and the impatient folks have paid out the nose to get their economy truck first, things will return to normal... a 911 the Maverick is not).

Time is our allie. Don't get impatient. Folks will remember being taken for a ride. I won't be. These folks that pounce on every thread to defend the indefensible and educate you? Ignore them.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shame that these ADMs exist, but well within their legal right also.

Hell, crazy as it sounds to me, I've had my Maverick for 15 months and Carvana is offering me $7k more than I paid for it even though it has 13k miles on it. Still not enough to convince me to sell it though.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shame that these ADMs exist, but well within their legal right also.

Hell, crazy as it sounds to me, I've had my Maverick for 15 months and Carvana is offering me $7k more than I paid for it even though it has 13k miles on it. Still not enough to convince me to sell it though.
But the 7,000 extra that was offered…….. I wonder if ANYone would find THAT offensive?
Same token. Just the other side

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Don't lowball me, I know what I got" is a literal meme on the internet. The vast majority of people don't understand what things are worth. Two years ago, you couldn't buy a PC graphics card for less than almost double the MSRP. Now? You don't have to search long to find the current generation cards at or below MSRP. These things are cyclical and it will return to normal as Ford continues to ramp up and the world recovers from shutting down for the pandemic.

Personally, I never pay scalper prices and no one should. My dealership doesn't do mark-ups on retail orders, but they at least require you put it in your name first. That way you are selling it as your used vehicle and they have less paperwork headaches to contend with.

If you must pay markup, I'd rather you pay it at a local dealership who is hiring your neighbors rather than pay it to some scalper. I just don't have the financial means to play that game.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Don't lowball me, I know what I got" is a literal meme on the internet. The vast majority of people don't understand what things are worth. Two years ago, you couldn't buy a PC graphics card for less than almost double the MSRP. Now? You don't have to search long to find the current generation cards at or below MSRP. These things are cyclical and it will return to normal as Ford continues to ramp up and the world recovers from shutting down for the pandemic.

Personally, I never pay scalper prices and no one should. My dealership doesn't do mark-ups on retail orders, but they at least require you put it in your name first. That way you are selling it as your used vehicle and they have less paperwork headaches to contend with.

If you must pay markup, I'd rather you pay it at a local dealership who is hiring your neighbors rather than pay it to some scalper. I just don't have the financial means to play that game.
Here’s an idea:
Poll about 20-30 people for advice, as an example, (putting new tires on a trade in), have 100% of them recommend option “A”, then proceed to do option “B”.
Would you have the financial means for things like that?

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get dealerships are not obligated to stick to MSRP, and Ford's hands are tied when it comes to dealership relationships, too. Then you have this mess: Ford EV Mandates Face Pushback From Dealer Associations (fordauthority.com). And then you have the thing about Markups and increased profits while sales are lower, and it has only gotten worse since this article was published last year: Dealership Profits Are At Record Levels Through Q1 2022: Report (motor1.com) . Yep.

At the end of the day though, it ain't the 1940s anymore. Vehicles and technology are evolving, and dealerships have far more reach than just local now, too. Ford needs dealerships to evolve to meet their lofty goals and plans. And Ford isn't the only one. GM, Stellantis, even some of the foreign brands are all pushing for evolution in the dealership arena.

However, Its really up to the consumer to do the legwork to find the deal that best suits their needs and limitations. If you're on the forums, you have Internet access. Use it to your advantage. Everything from finding the best deal to the best financing, best insurance, accessories, issues, etc. I am lucky I paid no ADM on my 2022, and next to nothing on my Bronco (there was an ADM on it, but the bonus points I got for the purchase on top of the standard 42K was far more than the ADM, so I won't complain).

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the reason Ford needs to move away from dealers. I texted the dealer and asked for the OTD price and they kept insisting I call them. When I did, the OTD was 15K ADM over the sticker and I hang up on them. Then, another person from the dealer called back and said the call was disconnected. I told him it didn't, I hang up. On the website, it shows they are expanding their lot and needs to move their inventory ASAP. Well goodluck with that.
ripoff.jpg
window-sticker.JPG
That’s crazy. I paid $28,700 out the door for virtually the same package.

OP
OP

Llamaryudo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru OBS, 2024 XLT Lux, AWD Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The usual suspects who love charging more or paying more for less have shown up... y'all never disappoint.

No worries Don. Just exercise a little patience and show up at a Ford dealer on July 17th at 8am. Then be ready to take receipt of your truck in the Spring. Order the truck you want, instead of settling for one a flipper spec'd. Production will pickup, unfulfilled MY2023 orders will be purged, buyers will move on, the trucks will become more readily available. Patience.

The flippers, scalpers, and others who earn a living extracting maximum cash from every deal they strike (they call it value, themselves facilitators, and regard their kind as geniuses of sort) will explain to us that hell has frozen over and we no longer have any leverage and must hand piles of cash to those lucky enough to have received a Maverick by chance.

The whole Maverick market is a blip it time.. an outlyer..No one is supposed to hand over obscene quantities of cash to purchase a rapidly decreasing asset (and yes, once production has increased and the impatient folks have paid out the nose to get their economy truck first, things will return to normal... a 911 the Maverick is not).

Time is our allie. Don't get impatient. Folks will remember being taken for a ride. I won't be. These folks that pounce on every thread to defend the indefensible and educate you? Ignore them.
Thank you sir! I have one ordered at a small dealership with no markup and they took my x-plan. He emails me now and then to reassure me my order will be fulfilled by Ford. This is my first time buying a brand new car and having to wait almost a year. In the past, I've had decent experience with dealers aside from the typical extended warranty offer they shove down your throat.

Sponsored

Fmp0926

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
McLeod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whuddaya think the markup is on coffee? Or Coca Cola?

Try about 1000% (10x) over manufacturing cost.

Hope none of you pay the ridiculous markup on hot water without sugar or the insane markup on cold water with sugar.
Okay so those are nowhere close to being a fair comparison. Would you pay 10x the cost for a house?

Yes a dealer can charge whatever markup they want but those that have ADMs in the thousands are settling for immediate profits over long revenue from repeat customers. Personally, I wouldn't buy from that dealer now or in the future. I would drive a little further until I found a dealer willing to sell at (or near) MSRP and also reward that dealer with my future business.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Markups are usually made on a sliding scale. If a widget costs
1¢ wholesale, it might sell for 10¢. (Ten times the cost)
If a Lear jet costs $10,000,000.°° wholesale, it probably would not for $100,000,000.°° (Ten times the cost)
Make sense?
Instead of worrying about someone’s markup, worry about what you’re paying.
Here’s a crazy example:
Scenario A) Someone wins a brand new 2023 Maverick for a $10 raffle ticket they bought. He’ll sell it to you for $20,010. He’s making a Twenty thousand dollar profit. He’s a thief! The nerve of that man!!!!
Scenario B) A dealer pays $29,000 for the same 2023 Maverick. He’ll sell it to you for
$34,000. He’s making a $5,000 gross profit.
Which one would you buy?
Look at the entire picture. Stop counting someone else’s profit.
Here’s my definition of a good deal: BOTH people are happy.
I’ve bought several new cars in my life. I’ve often said to a dealer and meant it:
“I don’t care what YOU paid.
I only care what I pay”

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you are thirsty, you'll pay more for water.

If water is scarce, you'll pay more for water.

If water is scarce AND you are thirsty, you'll cut off your left nut for a pint of water.

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

Those not paying ADM are not very thirsty for Maverick, Confucius say.

Ford Fanatic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT.....2022 F-150...2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was late to the Maverick "want" list. I ordered mine in October of '21. I ordered an XLT, 2.0 with keyless entry door pad and cruise control. It came in in April of '22. Now after 1 year of service it has 7,000 miles and is averaging 30.2 mpg for the entire year. It has had several blasts to 108 mph [I hate governors]. One short trip of 15 plus miles at this sustained speed.
It has been absolutely trouble free for as long as it has been here. It sits beside a 1999 Ranger with the 3.0 and 5 speed manual that I bought new and for 24 years has averaged 27 mpg. It too has had Many bursts to 100 mph [yep...damn governor] and has had $600 total spent on it in 24 years. It needed a new clutch [totally my fault for letting the fluid run out].
One truck cost me $13,000 New OTD and the other cost me $26,000 New OTD. This 23 years and Many vehicles apart. My other two current vehicles are a 2012 Boss 302 Mustang [15,800 miles] and a 2023 Extreme Recon Willys Jeep [1,050 miles]. I drive all 4 weekly [NOT weakly], the Boss has No governor.
I am currently 75 years old and thanks to Ford and Jeep I am truly enjoying my Golden Years. I hope All that want a Maverick, get a Maverick. I obviously won't live long enough to see if this Maverick will last as long as the old Ranger but I'm gonna give it all I got!!!!

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MSRP is barely above cost.
Whatever salesman sold you on this needs a raise. Dealers can sell below invoice and make a healthy profit... in fact, the proof is in the pudding.

NADA is more or less the governing body that speaks on behalf of all the dealerships in NA. Pre-pandemic, between 2015 and 2019 the average dealer profit hovered between 1-2.2%. Post-pandemic, dealership profits were through the roof, with the average dealership by '21 pushing over $3 million net profit annually, up 65%. By '22 a new all-time dealership profit record of $3.4 million net was achieved. https://www.autonews.com/dealers/nada-forecasts-record-2022-profits-car-dealers

For '23, dealership profits are again expected to hit new records, but backlash has occurred for NADA spilling the beans hitting some media outlets and with Ford for example publicly bashing its dealerships scalping consumers as a middle-man, and for the first time in its history NADA will no longer release car dealership financial information publicly.

Business is THAT good!
Sponsored