Sponsored

The Ridiculous Maverick Markup Thread ($47,500 for an XL!)

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

shanelauth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ended up with two Maverick orders (one dealer did not cancel my order after I told them to), one truck is built and the other is scheduled to be built next week. I only need one truck so plan to cancel one order. However, would it make sense to buy both trucks and resell one? Has anyone done this? I get X-Plan pricing, not a huge discount, but certainly better than the typical markup I'm seeing through 3rd parties

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There already is one of these, if not more.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ended up with two Maverick orders (one dealer did not cancel my order after I told them to), one truck is built and the other is scheduled to be built next week. I only need one truck so plan to cancel one order. However, would it make sense to buy both trucks and resell one? Has anyone done this? I get X-Plan pricing, not a huge discount, but certainly better than the typical markup I'm seeing through 3rd parties
A few months ago it would have been guaranteed money, but the market is cooling off. how fast, I don't know- but much more of a risk now than it was earlier.

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XL , 277 miles quoted @ $25600 yesterday, hybrid - Carvana

Sponsored

shanelauth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few months ago it would have been guaranteed money, but the market is cooling off. how fast, I don't know- but much more of a risk now than it was earlier.
Yeah, I've been tracking the value of my trade-in and watching it plummet in the past months. Finally getting my truck just as my trade-in is worth less and interest rates are higher. Oof

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like this isn't the first time we've seen the Galpin name mentioned in a rediculous markup. They must be either raking in the $ off of people that can't wait or just gluttons for punishment when it comes to being called out for this. My assumption, unfortunately, is the former.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our local dealer had a 350 mile lariat AWD that someone sold back to the dealer not long after waiting on their order and taking procession of it. They had it out on the lot for 46k!

Its gone now after about a week.......some impatient person must have bought it. I have a hard time understanding how one would get financed for something marked up that much over MSRP.

Nick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like values are going up again through the holiday season and end of the year since no one can get one until next year.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I've been tracking the value of my trade-in and watching it plummet in the past months. Finally getting my truck just as my trade-in is worth less and interest rates are higher. Oof
At least you didn't get pushed to 2023. You still qualify for the 2022 promotional financing.

Those of us who were pushed to 2023 get shafted by both the dropping trade values and the interest rate hikes.

Sponsored

joewaiting

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia, Chrysler, Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are we sure only $ discount and no 1.9 APR we received at original order date. Ford had approved me Jan 2022. silly me expecting delivery in March 22 :(

Golfsnob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT AWD 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both Carvana and Vroom will give you lowball offers on nearly new vehicles but look at what they are selling them for. CarMax or Carmigo will offer much more. Got a quote from Carmigo for 34,500 on an XL. I'm in the same boat. Ordered over a year ago and got tired of waiting so I bought something else. Maverick is built and on the way and I no longer need it.

shanelauth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least you didn't get pushed to 2023. You still qualify for the 2022 promotional financing.

Those of us who were pushed to 2023 get shafted by both the dropping trade values and the interest rate hikes.
What is the 2022 promotional financing?

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd check on that X Plan. I think that there is a requirement that AXZ purchases must be kept for 6 months before resale

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost