First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's the exact reason I use a dashcam.. This is what totaled our Equinox and tore up my shoulder..

Does anyone why this video won't play on an ipad?
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not one for doing videos, but I try to document installs whenever possible. I bought the Rexing V1P-4K dashcam while my Maverick was still on order, so I'd have it when the pickup got here. I wasn't planning on it taking two weeks to get it installed. Before this install, I had the V1P from the Equinox I totaled installed using the 12v power socket as a temporary fix.

The install took about an hour, since I was trying to be careful not to break anything. I would also highly recommend getting a set of plastic trim tools.. You will need them and they're cheap.

First pic is of packaging. As stated, I got the Rexing V1p-4K dashcam, with both front and rear facing cameras. I also purchased the Rexing smart hardwire kit. The only thing I had to purchase separately, were two Littelfuse Micro2 add-a-circuit fuse holders. I got one in the hardwire kit, but the fuse orientation was different than the Littlefuse ones and I wanted them to be the same. I also bought a pack of blue female bullet connectors, to connect the kit wiring to the new add-a circuits. Here's the add-a-circuits I got:
Great job and thanks for all the photos. Getting ready to install my Commander Touch SiriusXM radio and the photos for routing cables is extremely helpful. So thanks again.

nathanchrisman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is helpful. Thank you!
A bit of speculation…
The picture of the uncovered OEM camera set shows a bunch of wires. I wonder if any of them are already setup for accessory power. If so, then it seems like we could just tap of that.
I may try to poke at that sometime soon. :)

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming you can do a similar installation for an auto dimming homelink mirror?

OP
OP
EMD_Driver

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not one for doing videos, but I try to document installs whenever possible. I bought the Rexing V1P-4K dashcam while my Maverick was still on order, so I'd have it when the pickup got here. I wasn't planning on it taking two weeks to get it installed. Before this install, I had the V1P from the Equinox I totaled installed using the 12v power socket as a temporary fix.

The install took about an hour, since I was trying to be careful not to break anything. I would also highly recommend getting a set of plastic trim tools.. You will need them and they're cheap.

First pic is of packaging. As stated, I got the Rexing V1p-4K dashcam, with both front and rear facing cameras. I also purchased the Rexing smart hardwire kit. The only thing I had to purchase separately, were two Littelfuse Micro2 add-a-circuit fuse holders. I got one in the hardwire kit, but the fuse orientation was different than the Littlefuse ones and I wanted them to be the same. I also bought a pack of blue female bullet connectors, to connect the kit wiring to the new add-a circuits. Here's the add-a-circuits I got:

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 4.48.30 PM.png

Here's the packaging for the camera and the hardwire kit:

IMG_2663.jpeg

Here's the new fuse taps with the female bullet connectors installed.

IMG_2664.jpeg

I started by mounting the camera behind the rear-view camera and within reach while driving. I then pulled the cover from the factory driver assist camera, to help facilitate wire routing. It has four of the standard Ford friction clips holding it up. If you ever wondered what's behind the cover, here ya go!

IMG_2665.jpeg

One of the clips has a lanyard, to keep it from coming completely off. It ended up getting in my way, so I disconnected it. Here's what it looks like:

IMG_2667.jpeg

I always start at the camera, when I run wires. It just works better for me. I used a trim tool and pulled the headliner down just enough to get the wire on top of it.

IMG_2668.jpeg

When I got to the corner, I used the trim tool to get the A-pillar cover to open up just a bit.

Transitioning from the headliner to the A-pillar cover was a little tricky, but nothing any of you guys/gals couldn't handle!

IMG_2669.jpeg

Then around and under the weatherstrip..

IMG_2670.jpeg

I tried to keep it behind the A-pillar cover, so it would come out where I needed it to and it did!

IMG_2671.jpeg

I forgot to mention that I removed the side cover, fuse block cover and the glovebox. The glovebox isn't totally necessary, but it helped me see exactly what I was doing.

I routed the wire down and shoved it through, just in front of the orange wire bundle.

IMG_2672.jpeg

BTW: When I removed the side panel, I had to lift it off this white trim connector. If anyone has a good way to reassemble using this connector, I'm all ears!

IMG_2673.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

Ford was nice enough to leave this white wire holder for me, so I used it!

IMG_2675.jpeg

I routed the power wire along with one of the factory bundles and zip tied it to them. I promise, I cut the tails off the zip ties. That's one of my peeves...

IMG_2676.jpeg

The extra 4' of wiring left over, fit nicely in the void space to the left:

IMG_2677.jpeg

I chose fuses 3 and 20 for my add-a-circuits. They fit and didn't interfere with each other.

IMG_2679.jpeg

The ground wire fits wonderfully on the bolt at the bottom of the fuse block.

IMG_2680.jpeg

I then plugged the rear camera into the front one and routed it to the back glass. It's much the same as previously noted. Once routed and extra wiring stuffed above the headliner, just button everything back up and enjoy your new dashcam! Here are a couple of finished install pics:

IMG_2681.jpeg
IMG_2682.jpeg

IMG_2673.jpeg
@EMD_Driver Did you have to disconnect the battery before install? Where did you mount the little box? Thank you!

OP
OP
EMD_Driver

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@EMD_Driver Did you have to disconnect the battery before install? Where did you mount the little box? Thank you!
I did not disconnect the battery, as I didn't feel it was necessary.

The little box fit nicely in the void space below the fuse panel.

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not disconnect the battery, as I didn't feel it was necessary.

The little box fit nicely in the void space below the fuse panel.
Thanks! Fuse 3 was the accessory power and 20 the constant power?

OP
OP
EMD_Driver

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks! Fuse 3 was the accessory power and 20 the constant power?
Fuse 3 is for the (Non-existant) auto-dimming mirror, and is switched on with the ignition. Fuse 20 is an unused spare and not switched.

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fuse 3 is for the (Non-existant) auto-dimming mirror, and is switched on with the ignition. Fuse 20 is an unused spare and not switched.
Thanks again! Looks like on the Lariat 3 is used for the Image Processing Manual and Automatic High Beam Control. Going to to give it a go tonight.

Sponsored

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered this hard wire kit today. Will it be compatible without buying the "little fuse holders" ?

OP
OP
EMD_Driver

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just ordered this hard wire kit today. Will it be compatible without buying the "little fuse holders" ?
You may have to find alternate points for power, but the fuse things aren't totally necessary.

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What fuses did you tap into? I think I'm going to need to buy the fuse taps. I tested all of the 15amp fuses and they are all "on" when the vehicle is off.

OP
OP
EMD_Driver

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I chose fuses 3 and 20 for my add-a-circuits.

Raderb87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did anyone use the Rear View Camera in their Maverick? Wondering if it would be of any use with the bed?
Sponsored